Stayed 1 night pre cruise on 1 February.
We caught the free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel.We booked the "cruise package" which gave free transport from the hotel to the Port of Miami on 2 February. We were not aware that many people use this hotel pre cruise and a shuttle ran at 10,11 and noon, at $10 each. It would have been cheaper booking a pre paid room and then paying the $10 directly to the shuttle company. The only advantage of the "cruise package" seemed to be free cancellation of the booking.
The room was fine, but as it was opposite to the lift was a little noisy, but this was not a major issue on our stay, as it did not seem to be a hotel that attracted late night party goers. You could not hear any external noise, despite the hotel being very close to the airport and busy main road junction.
The hotel is well situated for a few shops and restaurants accross the road. The area seemed to be totally safe and seemed to be in a business/residential area. You had no feeling of being in a major city and indeed you cannot even see the sky scrapers of downtown Miami from the hotel.
The included breakfast is fine and fairly typical American, quantity over quality. Still, plenty fresh fruit and reasonable coffee.
Everywhere seemed very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. The pool area was very small, but it is a useful amenity if you check in early for a quick afternoon dip or one before you leave the hotel.
All in all, a good hotel to stay in close to the airport.We would defenitely stay again for a night, but due to the location, would not choose it for a base to stay for a few days.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.