You added Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, MA
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great location, close to the airport, close to the restaurants and grocey store. Clean rooms, friendly service, great breakfast choices. Just be mindful of which Hampton Inn you are staying in, as there are a few different ones and their shuttles are all different at the airport. Free Internet and airport shuttle and breakfast. Great chain. Will book again, if needed.

Room Tip: book as soon you need the room, they book up fast
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and ratings about your recent stay at our property. We also appreciate the insightful tips you are leaving for others in your review. I am happy to see that our amenities were convenient for your overnight stay in Miami. We hope to see you back again with us soon.

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Herndon, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was the most expensive Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in! We certainly expected a clean room for the money. Instead, the room had a dirty shower curtain and a dirty duvet cover on the bed. Would never stay here again. The only positive thing was the shuttle service to the airport. So much for Hampton Inn's 100% satisfaction guarantee!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the dirty duvet and shower curtain in your guest room and bathroom. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. Please direct message me your contact information so I can speak with you personally about your experience and help make things right.

Kind regards,

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived after a cruise, exhausted, ready to crash. We pulled up to the front, was greeted in a very friendly manner by the security and lobby clerk. We were swiftly checked in, offered cookies, and had our parking situation explained well. We found the room comfortable and appreciated the quietly operating climate control. We slept comfortably, and ate breakfast around 7:30 a.m. The food was delicious, and in great quantities, showing the staff attends to the buffet promptly. After that, we checked out. I felt safe there, and was grateful for the nearby restaurant locations and proximatey to the airport.

If I am in Miami again, I will stay here, without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Carrie, for your praises about the welcoming staff and our plentiful amenities, while taking advantage of our convenient location. I will pass your comments along to the team during our next huddle. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you back in Miami in the future.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a 27 hour flight trip from HK to Miami and checked in about 6pm on a weekday to spend 4 nights. I was told that the hotel was full and they only had 1 room for me. I was given the key to a room, although clean was the size of a shoebox and was costing me USD 249 per night!. Being tired i didnt question this until the next morning. I checked my doumentation and I had booked and pre-paid for 4 nights a "Kingbed study suite" which this room was definately not! On questioning this with the receptionist I was told that they only provide the room that has been ordered and booked. The discussion got quite heated and it was obvious they were not going to change my room. I asked what room they had given me and they said a King Standard and when i showed them my booking confirmation of a "King study suite" they reluctantly backed down and provided the room i ordered. No refund was offered or given on the one night in the shoebox.
The rooms were clean and breakfast was typical American......self service, bagels, eggs and hash browns etc however, you have to eat everything with plastic cutlery and drink in take away apper cups. At USD 249 per night this was very expensive for what it is. Free shuttle bus was convenient.

Room Tip: Higher floor room away from traffic noise is useful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and help assist us in making things better for future guests. Friendly service and well trained staff are critical in ensuring all guests have a comfortable and seamless experience. We appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention so we could have the opportunity to address this with our front office. I would like to personally apologize for your experience and ask that you contact me so I can help make things right.

Kind regards,

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very good location near Miami International and the Dolphin Expressway. We drove in the night before a cruise and was a very easy drive from the Florida Turnpike. Convenient to Walgreens, CVS and Publix which are located almost adjacent. Parking was very secure and could not be entered except either through motel or through gated car entrances. Room floors can only be accessed by using room key in elevator. I was concerned that we would hear airport noise as we were located on a high floor facing the airport but did effect us at all. Breakfast area was busy but kept stocked as needed. Will return again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I appreciate your positive comments about your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to see that our location was convenient for your drive down to Miami before your cruise, and to pick up last minute necesities at the pharmacy and supermarket. Although we are close to the airport, luckily you cannot hear any airport noise in our guestrooms due to our high-impact hurricane-proof windows throughout the entire hotel.

We love our cruisers here in the Magic City and we hope to see you back again with us soon!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Free shuttle to the airport which was extremely convenient.
They serve a beautiful hot breakfast in the breakfast room that included waffles, eggs, omlettes, pancakes, ham, sausages, juices, coffee, tea, yogourt, cereals, milk, danishes, fresh fruit, and more. We had two mornings there and the breakfast varied from one day to the next but it was delicious BOTH days!
When American Airlines lost my toddler's car seat, Hampton Inn at Blue Lagoon offered to hold it until we returned from our week-long cruise.
Gated/locked parking for guests; the 2nd level parking lot entrance leads into the breakfast area near the elevators which was convenient after shopping.
Located across the street from a TD Bank, Burlington, CVS, gas station, Walgreen's, Publix, etc. And very close to the highway for airport access.
Not many restaurants nearby, however, I can vouch for the Italian spot right across the street. What amazing food they have!
Superbowl Sunday: they laid out chips, soft drinks, munchies, etc. in the breakfast area and tuned the big screen to the game for those who happened to be in the hotel rather than home.
Modern amenities such as wifi for guests.
The bathrooms were spotless and impeccably kept! I cannot say enough about that.
Mattresses on our two queen sized beds were a touch soft for my liking but they will appeal to most people.
Overall, we spent a couple of nights here before our cruise departed from the Port of Miami and we had a lovely time here. We tried to get a room here after our cruise, but they were booked. Highly recommended and incredibly understanding and helpful staff.
Overall, this hotel was wonderful and I'll be keeping it in mind if I ever get back to the area.

Room Tip: Laundry located on three floors; ask to be near them if you want to access it easily. Second level...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your detailed review of your experience with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed all our amenities we have to offer, as well as taking advantage of our location with all our convenient stores/restaurants in the immediate area. We appreciate your intentions of staying with us again on your way back from your trip. Hopefully we will see you back in Miami soon!

westchester, new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews and location to the airport. The location is good, but that is the best comment I can make. My husband and I slept with our clothes on, since the bed was not that inviting. The walls and ceilings are paper thin, so we could hear everything above and to the side of our room all night long! There is a Starbuck's across the street, but slim pickings for dinner.Couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for the convenience but regret that we could not offer you the pleasant experience you expected. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and I'm reviewing your feedback with our staff so we can address the noise and housekeeping concerns and prevent future issues. We hope that you give us a second chance for a much better stay and please feel free to contact us if you have any more comments.

Warm regards,

Christian J. Riofrio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!