“Clean and typical of a US hotel/Inn, very expensive.......could improve.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Hong Kong
“Clean and typical of a US hotel/Inn, very expensive.......could improve.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a 27 hour flight trip from HK to Miami and checked in about 6pm on a weekday to spend 4 nights. I was told that the hotel was full and they only had 1 room for me. I was given the key to a room, although clean was the size of a shoebox and was costing me USD 249 per night!. Being tired i didnt question this until the next morning. I checked my doumentation and I had booked and pre-paid for 4 nights a "Kingbed study suite" which this room was definately not! On questioning this with the receptionist I was told that they only provide the room that has been ordered and booked. The discussion got quite heated and it was obvious they were not going to change my room. I asked what room they had given me and they said a King Standard and when i showed them my booking confirmation of a "King study suite" they reluctantly backed down and provided the room i ordered. No refund was offered or given on the one night in the shoebox.
The rooms were clean and breakfast was typical American......self service, bagels, eggs and hash browns etc however, you have to eat everything with plastic cutlery and drink in take away apper cups. At USD 249 per night this was very expensive for what it is. Free shuttle bus was convenient.

Room Tip: Higher floor room away from traffic noise is useful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and help assist us in making things better for future guests. Friendly service and well trained staff are critical in ensuring all guests have a comfortable and seamless experience. We appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention so we could have the opportunity to address this with our front office. I would like to personally apologize for your experience and ask that you contact me so I can help make things right.

Kind regards,

1,384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very good location near Miami International and the Dolphin Expressway. We drove in the night before a cruise and was a very easy drive from the Florida Turnpike. Convenient to Walgreens, CVS and Publix which are located almost adjacent. Parking was very secure and could not be entered except either through motel or through gated car entrances. Room floors can only be accessed by using room key in elevator. I was concerned that we would hear airport noise as we were located on a high floor facing the airport but did effect us at all. Breakfast area was busy but kept stocked as needed. Will return again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I appreciate your positive comments about your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to see that our location was convenient for your drive down to Miami before your cruise, and to pick up last minute necesities at the pharmacy and supermarket. Although we are close to the airport, luckily you cannot hear any airport noise in our guestrooms due to our high-impact hurricane-proof windows throughout the entire hotel.

We love our cruisers here in the Magic City and we hope to see you back again with us soon!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Free shuttle to the airport which was extremely convenient.
They serve a beautiful hot breakfast in the breakfast room that included waffles, eggs, omlettes, pancakes, ham, sausages, juices, coffee, tea, yogourt, cereals, milk, danishes, fresh fruit, and more. We had two mornings there and the breakfast varied from one day to the next but it was delicious BOTH days!
When American Airlines lost my toddler's car seat, Hampton Inn at Blue Lagoon offered to hold it until we returned from our week-long cruise.
Gated/locked parking for guests; the 2nd level parking lot entrance leads into the breakfast area near the elevators which was convenient after shopping.
Located across the street from a TD Bank, Burlington, CVS, gas station, Walgreen's, Publix, etc. And very close to the highway for airport access.
Not many restaurants nearby, however, I can vouch for the Italian spot right across the street. What amazing food they have!
Superbowl Sunday: they laid out chips, soft drinks, munchies, etc. in the breakfast area and tuned the big screen to the game for those who happened to be in the hotel rather than home.
Modern amenities such as wifi for guests.
The bathrooms were spotless and impeccably kept! I cannot say enough about that.
Mattresses on our two queen sized beds were a touch soft for my liking but they will appeal to most people.
Overall, we spent a couple of nights here before our cruise departed from the Port of Miami and we had a lovely time here. We tried to get a room here after our cruise, but they were booked. Highly recommended and incredibly understanding and helpful staff.
Overall, this hotel was wonderful and I'll be keeping it in mind if I ever get back to the area.

Room Tip: Laundry located on three floors; ask to be near them if you want to access it easily. Second level...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your detailed review of your experience with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed all our amenities we have to offer, as well as taking advantage of our location with all our convenient stores/restaurants in the immediate area. We appreciate your intentions of staying with us again on your way back from your trip. Hopefully we will see you back in Miami soon!

westchester, new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews and location to the airport. The location is good, but that is the best comment I can make. My husband and I slept with our clothes on, since the bed was not that inviting. The walls and ceilings are paper thin, so we could hear everything above and to the side of our room all night long! There is a Starbuck's across the street, but slim pickings for dinner.Couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for the convenience but regret that we could not offer you the pleasant experience you expected. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and I'm reviewing your feedback with our staff so we can address the noise and housekeeping concerns and prevent future issues. We hope that you give us a second chance for a much better stay and please feel free to contact us if you have any more comments.

Warm regards,

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Hampton Blue Lagoon a number of times pre and post cruising. The hotel is quiet and comfortable. They can arrange for a shuttle to the cruise port and offer a free shuttle to and from the airport which is just 15 mins away. There is a CVS, Walgreens and a Publix right across the street where you can stock up on any last minute cruise snacks or soft drinks. Not to mention a great Cuban restaurant and Chinese restaurant across the street too. (great Cuban sandwiches, we get one everytime we go)

They have a nice continental breakfast that is better than average, lots of fresh fruit, eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt. Very good and hearty.

They also have a little snack shop and a couple of computers you can use to print out your boarding passes. Free wifi is also included.

There is a nice pool and hot tub. No views or anything like that, but clean comfortable and very convenient!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The rooms were updated and very nice. The hotel providing the shuttle to the port as well as the one from the airport was very convenient for us. We did have a hard time finding a restaurant nearby that was open late nearby.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your pre-cruise stay at our property. I am happy to see you like our new updated look, and that you were able to take advantage of our convenient shuttles to the Port and Airport. I encourage you to let us know next time you are having difficulty with restaurant choices, our friendly front desk staff will gladly help.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Oronoco, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great location, free shuttle from or to the airport. Easy walking distance to the mall and food places. Very friendly staff and nice accomodations. My family loves it here. We have been here 3 times and will make it our hotel for any Miami visits.

Room Tip: overlooking the water
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!