“Very nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Louisville
“Very nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Very good hotel, Nice staff, rooms are very clean, free parking, free shuttle, free breakfast.
I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. I can say that this hotel meet all my expectations. The check out was really fast. The air conditioner was not working properly in the room, and they solved the problem immediately putting me in another room with better conditions.
I have not complains about this hotel at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

1,386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel after our 14 night Panama Canal cruise. Wife booked it using Hilton Honors points. Pluses were the staff were very friendly and great in helping me retrieve my lost cell phone from a cab; hotel common areas were nice - the breakfast area was large, the business center was good, the lobby open and inviting. The only real minus was our room - there was a large indentation in one wall, which looked like perhaps someone fell or were thrown into it. Over the bed, there apparently used to be a large picture or pictures that were taken down and the paint used to paint over the holes was no where near the same color as the original paint. We reported it to the staff and they said they'd report it to maintenance. There was no offer to move us to another room.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a superior hotel that is conveniently located just minutes by free shuttle to the airport. We've stayed there a number of times during the past few years, and have noticed an increase in quality over that time, for which the management are to be commended. Our base is Naples, so on the occasion that we fly out of MIA we need a hotel that offers secure parking as well as convenience and quality. This hotel fits the bill, and, not to be overlooked, offers a full breakfast. Highly recommended!

Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on arrival in Miami for a cruise and also again on the night before we flew home. It is very close to the airport and has a free airport shuttle. We paid extra the first night for a shuttle to the cruise port which only took 15 minutes. The hotel is not much to look at on first impression, but is actually nicely decorated and well laid out. The staff were very friendly and quite helpful. Our room was everything we could have wanted. The hotel is being rennovated and our room had brand new carpet. There is an outdoor pool with a nice deck area to lounge around. The view is mostly of the airport, of course. There are restaurants and shops close by and one feature of the hotel we took advantage of was a free shuttle to the "94th aero squadron" restaurant.We also got a 10% discount on our meal courtesy of the hotel. This was an unexpected and nice touch. There is an ATM in the lobby, and also a small shop to by drinks and snacks. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had anything you could want for breakfast. Check out is 12 PM which is nice if you are flying out in the afternoon as we were. All in all I would deffinitely stay at this hotel again when travelling to Miami.

Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

stayed for 2 nights prior to our cruisechecking in on December 20th 2012. My first impression of this hotel was the front desk staff. and what a great impression they make. super friendlyI felt like I could have stayed there all day and chatted what a great group of people. next to the room was nice clean and comfortable. my only complaint is the mattresses both need to be replaced. The breakfast was great hot food cold food fruit yogurt everything that you would expect from Hilton service. Ovrr this hotel is great the only reason they did not get 5 stars across the board is the poor condition of the mattress is in room 412

• Stayed December 2012
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

at the advice of several co-workers, I recently began staying at the HIlton family of properties. I am a platinum member at a competitive hotel chain, so am very used to the way the other company deals with its guests. I was impressed with the security, cleanliness, and friendliness of the staff at the Hampton Inn. I use several kinds of prescription eye drops twice daily that must be refrigerated. Calling into the general "800" number, I was told to tell the front desk at check-in that I needed a small refrigerator in my room. Unfortunately when I arrived there was not one available. Alexandra at the front desk told me they had a refrigerator there I could store the medication in, however; I explained it would be a pain in the neck to come down twice daily (just before inserting contact lenses, and just after taking them out for the night) to use my eye drops. I said I would just put them in a plastic bag on ice in my room. I did mention that my experience with the competitor was that they always (regardless of my rewards level) had a very small fridge they brought to my room when I showed them my prescriptions. I explained that I was trying Hilton properties to make a decision as to whether to switch at the beginning of the year (this happened in December). I was disappointed that Hampton Inn's solution was to offer me the opportunity to store my expensive prescriptions in the front desk refrigerator and would have to think seriously about changing hotel chains. I was serious; I didn't just say this for the benefit of the front desk staff.

when I got to my room and unpacked, the closet safe was broken and the door blocked much of the closet area. I called the front desk to ask that someone come up and fixe it. Apparently Alexandra figure out just how seriously disappointed I was, and that I wasn't just asking for the fridge to store soft drinks (though I asked very nicely for someone to fix the safe). Instead of fixing the safe, she called back to offer to upgrade me to a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen at no charge. I'm not sure that the safe incident had anything to do with it, but I told her she really didn't have to do that and I did't want to get her in trouble. she said they had one available and it wasn't a problem. Alexandra was so sweet. She never got upset, made or flustered even when I got upset earlier at check in. She understood I really did have a special medical situation and went above what she needed to do to find me a solution. she convinced me that Hilton properties really do care, and so did this hotel.

ps...I also loved the hotel. clean, secure, comfortable, everything (except the safe - LOL) worked, friendly people, etc. etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel, and for your positive praises about our Front Desk staff. I will be sure to let Alexandra know of all your kind words. We appreciate your recognition that Hampton Inns and Hilton properties in general are dedicated to serving our guests and making you feel like home. Welcome to the Hilton Family and I look forward to meeting you in person during your next Miami visit.

Christian J. Riofrio
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and utilized the Park and Fly deal. We stayed one night at the hotel and left our car for six nights. The hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous and helpful. The airport shuttle was quick and efficient for both pickup and delivery. Our car was safe in the parking garage and it was a quick trip to the airport. The free breakfast and WiFi is always an added perk from Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The park and fly deal is great. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes.
Dear Marshall,

I appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how about your stay at our property. I am glad to see the Park & Fly package was convenient for your needs. It is always nice to hear that our guests felt at ease when leaving their cars with us in our secure gated on-site parking garage, and being able to use our airport shuttle running every 30 minutes. Thank you also for the 5-point ratings in overall and service. We invite you back to stay with us next time your travel needs bring you to Miami.

Christian J. Riofrio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!