“Excellent hotel near to MIA” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Quito, Ecuador
“Excellent hotel near to MIA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We (wife, 10 years old princess and myself) spent one night at this excellent hotel. From the airport shuttle up to the cleaning ladies in the dining room, everything excess my expectations. Even the music in the shuttle had an A+ grade. The receptionists were very kind. The bedroom with its 2 beds was very confortable with nice LCD TV. The AC was very quiet. The bathroom very decent and clean. The breakfast was OK but the staff made it delicious. The complimentary internet fast enough to make phone calls with no problems. The neighborhood seems very friendly. My family and I highly recommend this hotel to stay in Miami next to the airport

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear BostonVisitor,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property and for giving us 5-point scores in all categories! I am pleased that you found our amenities convenient for your needs, and that the service was better than expected. We invite you to stay with us again when your travels bring you and your family to Miami.

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
San Diego, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Not knowing where to stay for one night in Miami, we selected the Hampton Inn and Suites, Miami Airport South, due to the availability of the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We were assigned a suite on the top floor in the corner, with a great view of the airport and surrounding area. The next morning we took advantage of the free breakfast buffet, and then shopped for some last minute items for our cruise at the mall across the street. We then went on to the port via a shuttle that was booked through the hotel. We were very happy with the quality of the service in all aspects of our stay, and the reasonable price we paid. We would highly recommend this property to others

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Redford,

We appreciate your time in writing your thoughts about your experience at our property. It pleases me to see that you took full advantage of the convenient resources around our location, with the Publix shopping center across the street, with the new Burlington Coat Factory store. We appreciate your positive feedback about the complimentary breakfast buffet and our friendly staff members. I hope we meet again should you ever stay in Miami in the future.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Blue Lagoon for a one night layover we had at the end of our vacation in August. We easily got on the airport shuttle, waited only about 20 minutes, and arrived at the hotel without issue (it's very close to the airport). We were greeted very warmly by reception and found the whole staff to be very friendly. My husband even mentioned after we finished checking in and were in our room that he was amazed at how friendly the front desk staff was. After we settled in we were hungry and looking for a place to eat and the front desk recommended a local Cuban restaurant just across the street, Casa Juan. We ended up eating there and really enjoyed their recommendation.

The room we had was clean and basic, which is really all we needed for a one night layover. We were surprised at how quiet the rooms were given the close proximity to the airport, but we didn't hear any airplane noise.

The next morning we had a early flight and found breakfast "to go" bags waiting for us in the lobby, which included an apple, bottle of water, muffin, and a granola bar. I was really grateful that they supplied these for early morning departures. We easily caught the 5:30am shuttle to the airport without issue.

Overall I was really pleased with this hotel and would stay here again without question the next time I have an overnight layover in Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel will probably only be good if you arrive at 11PM and depart at 6AM... As a comfortable bed to catch some shuteye within a reasonable distance from the airport, should be OK.
I booked here to get away from my home being remodeled while I prepared for an important work presentation.
The hotel is located on a busy intersection, surrounded by parking lots, gas stations and Walgreens... Doesn't look like there's anywhere to eat in the vicinity other than a rundown strip mall across a busy avenue.
Knowing this, I requested a High Floor room to at least be able to get some views... Upon arrival I informed the front desk of my HHonors Gold Status and they proceeded to place me in the first room they had available... 4th floor next to the elevators with an awful parking lot view.
As there was no way I would accept that room, I went back to the Front desk and requested a high floor... They told me those rooms were blocked for renovations (even though I saw a couple getting out on the 11th floor when I took the elevator back to get my stuff)
I proceeded to cancel the reservation, and the front desk graciously accepted my cancellation on the spot and did not charge me (I was very worried they would).
Much better places to stay around MIA... The Hilton in Blue Lagoon is much more pleasant and costs about the same. Or the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove, which you can even reach by train now.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ChristianRiofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Ranger,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience while at our hotel. It is true that we were undergoing renovations during the time you wrote this review. We have updated all our guest bathrooms, both lobby areas, and our fitness center to the new Perfect Mix initiative being put forth by the entire Hampton Inn Brand. I am sorry that you did not end up staying with us during your night here in Miami, but I invite you to come try us again to give you that "wow" experience you were looking for, now that our major renovations are complete.

Best regards,

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Blue Lagoon Hampton Inn on the last night of our vacation, August 17 so that we could be close to the airport. The staff at the front desk were wonderful! We had just come from Zoo Miami where we had been caught in a deluge of rain. We were wet and cold(yes, Miami in August.) and they handed us white, fluffy towels to dry off and warm up! They also were very helpful with recommendations for dinner. We ended up going to Good Fortune China restaurant across the street.
I had booked based on the reviews from this site. The staff seems to genuinely like what they are doing and make you feel very welcome.
The room was clean and bed comfortable - what you expect from a Hampton Inn. The breakfast had lots of choices and was very nicely presented. Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Starting with the friendly check-in staff, and the clean and inviting room. The king size bed was clean and comfy. Some amenities were stocked in the bathroom. I appreciated the free Wi-Fi service as well. The breafast was really nice and better then what I see most places in the US. Great selection, and good quality. As with most hotels these days, it seems that small kids use the hallways as a playground. I was already awake when the noise started, but would imagine the noise they created would wake up most people at sleep.
All in all I had a great stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I do recommend the hotel, because it has everything you look forward when you are in town: Great breakfast, nice and clean beds, and the staff (especially the managers team) is always ready to assist you and make your stay even better. They are more flexible than other hotels of Hilton's brand. For instance: I would rather stay at Hampton than Hilton Miami Airport. You also have easy access to pharmacies and supermarket, just steps away from the hotel. Expect to have cookies and coffee during the afternoon. During my last stay (I have stayed there a lot of times), I had the chance to participate in the Manager's Reception: great food and wine. So far I don't where I could find all these amenities at another hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!