“My favorite Miami hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 NW 57th Ave (Red Rd), Miami, FL 33126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #9 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Lombard, Illinois
“My favorite Miami hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We travel to Miami quite frequently to visit our daughter who is a student at University of Miami. This is the first time we have stayed at this hotel, but definately our choice of hotels when we come back to Miami. The staff was warm and welcoming. Especially Jeffrey, the manager, who knew us by name and would stop to chat with us. The beds were very comfortable and we got a great nights sleep. The shower was amazing - plenty of water pressure and plenty of hot water. The pool and hot tub area was clean and well taken care of. And it is open all night long so we were able to enjoy the hot tub even if we got back to the hotel late after a long day out. Location was perfect - convenient to the airport, as well as UM. We will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your review and 5-point ratings about your recent booking at our hotel. I am pleased you were able to enjoy our Cloud 9 Hampton beds and premium WaterPik showerheads that are standard in all of our guestrooms. I am also happy to see that our Guest Services Manager, Jeffrey, and the rest of the team were able to make you feel welcome during your stay.

During any future trips to visit the University of Miami, I welcome you to call the hotel directly when booking your reservation. We have negotiated rates set up for the local universities, including the U!

Thank you for your loyalty and you are continually welcome to stay any time.

Christian J. Riofrio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Wyoming, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I've stayed at this property twice - once in 12/2011 and again in 2/12 - both times were wonderful and both times were overnight before a cruise. There is a free shuttle from Miami International Airport - we only waited about 15 minutes for the shuttle. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was wonderful. The first time, we were early and they stored our bags and recommended some food options. Giardino's across the street was great - large portions, reasonable prices, GREAT food! When we got back, our room was ready. The pool and hot tub were great both times. Breakfast the next morning had many choices, including some hot choices - eggs, bacon, waffles, oatmeal. A real bonus for the stay to have breakfast included. We signed up when we checked in to get the early shuttle to the Port of Miami - I think it was $10.00 each - very reasonable. You get dropped off right by your building to get on the ships. When I went back in 2/12, they remembered me!! Alex was expecially helpful :)

Dear Monica,

Thank you very much for reviewing both of your stays at our property. It pleases me to see that we were able to accomodate your needs so well during your visit to Miami for both cruise trips. We appreciate your continued loyalty and welcomeyou back again soon!

Bayport, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I travel all over north America and I gotta say this is by far the best Hilton Property I have ever stayed at. It matters very little to me whether or not my room is fancy or if there is a beautiful pool or lounge area(which this place has) but what really matters is service. I hope that the entire Hilton organization sees how Alexandra and Kristen view customer service and adopt it worldwide. I work in the field of Repuation Management and I have consulted automotive industry professionals how valuable your Repuation is and how important customer service is in every customer interaction,I will be using Alexandra and Kristen as examples of who to emulate.

A Proud Diamond Member

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to one of their suites you will be very pleased...it's like an apartme...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Micah03,

Wow, I am pleased to see such positive comments coming from one of our Prefferred Hilton Diamond Members! I am happy to see that, even as a 3-star hotel we were able to deliver 5-star service. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Kristen and Alexandra. Please know that you are welcome back to stay with us any time.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed here for one night prior to an early AM flight. For the price, I was expecting a much nicer hotel. The carpet in the room was very old appearing and in bad need of a replace. We had to call for sheets for the pullout, even though I made it clear at check-in that we would be needing to use the pull out. The maid who brought us the sheets told me she couldn't speak any english when I asked her to bring 2 pillows for the extra bed, as there were none in the room. (I got my point across in broken spanish and hand signals, and she did bring back pillows.) If I had realized the overall quality of this hotel in advance, I would have gladly paid up an extra $50 to stay in a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you RAB394, for taking the time to write this review of your stay at our hotel. I would like to acknowledge your experience in communicating with the housekeeping staff. I have passed your comments on to our Executive Housekeeper and will be working closely with our room attendants to train them even when language is a barrier.

In addition, our management team is working with ownership for plans on a major renovation project in the Sumer 2012. Plans to update the carpet, tile, guest bathrooms, and lobby are in the works. I welcome you to visit us again once the renovations are complete and I promise you will see and feel a difference.

Astoria, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My favorite hotel of the Hilton Family is the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport. Great location, rooms, service and staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
mimi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I usually stay at the hampton, because of the free parking and internet service...the location is excellent too. Tonight when I checked in something new is happening, the managers reception. Wow the chicken salad was amazing, the wine was excellent, and I topped it off with a slice of carrot cake. Yum! No need to leave the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a gold or diamond member the upgraded rooms are much more relaxing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, David G, for your positive review and ratings of the property, and thank you for noticing our new Manager's Reception. It is a new addition to our list of amenities, occurring every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5pm-7pm. You can be sure to find an array of finger-foods and wine, perfect for winding down after your work day. I am happy to see you enjoyed it and I look forward to meeting you in person during your next visit to the hotel.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hotel needs upgrading (carpets, bathrooms, etc.). However, the personnel were extremely nice. The breakfast was good for a hotel chain. Room was comfortable and quiet to be so closed to the Miami airport.

Room Tip: One of the best things of this hotel is that it is closed to a shopping with three or four great res...
Dear Kim,

Thank you for choosing to review your recent stay at our property. I appreciate your positive feedback about our customer service staff and the quality of the complimentary breakfast. Currently, management is working closely with ownership towards a renovation project scheduled for the Summer of 2012. Included on our list of upgrades are both lobby floors, carpet and tile, guest bathrooms, and more. I welcome you to stay with us again after these renovations are complete next time you are planning a trip to Miami.