My family stayed at this Hampton after returning from a cruise. We were supposed to be there for one night and fly back the next day, but our flight was cancelled resulting in our stayiing for two nights. The first night we had a standard room, which was nice. The second night we moved to a one bedroom suite, which was spectacular. Had I known ahead of time that we were going to be here for two days, I would likely have reserved something close to, or on, the beach, as this is truly an airport hotel. However, we found our stay to be very nice and would definitely come back here if we were going on another cruise. The hotel provides excellent FREE shuttle services to and from the airport, every half hour. I had to use this several times while trying to negotiate our return home with US Airways (that is a HORRENDOUS story), and the shuttle drivers were super and timely. The hotel itself was VERY clean and well kept. Fresh cookies and coffee and tea were available and the free breakfast was great (make-your-own waffles, cereals, eggs, sausage, hash browns, yogurts and granola, fresh fruit, juice, milk, coffee, tea...and I know I'm missing some things). The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The hotel has a small business center with three computers and a printer available. There is also a modest pool and jacuzzi. We spent a fair bit of time sitting outside by the pool where I was able to access the free wifi with no difficulty. We also used the workout facilities which were nice (treadmill, weght machines, step machines, etc.) There are convenience stores (CVS and Walgreens) at the same intersection as the hotel, and a Publix grocery store right across the street. There are also several restaurants in the same area (Wendy's, Subway, a chinese restaurant). The hotel also has laundry facilities on every other floor with washers and dryers that work on quarters, and they sell small packages of laundry soap in the small convenience shop off of the hotel lobby. All-in-all this was an A+ place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport hotel is located at the Waterford Corporate Park - Blue Lagoon complex, the perfect location for those visiting Miami for business or pleasure: Located just 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Doral. The Port of Miami is just a few miles from our door. Close to the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Dadeland Mall & Aventura Mall and the South Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn