“Excellent. Clean Great Staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

You added Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #12 of 115 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ohio
“Excellent. Clean Great Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

We arrived in Miami on February 5th and every hotel we went to in Miami was over $200.00. and Parking additional. Other hotels was scary. We asked some police officers If they could recommend a hotel. They mentioned this hotel. We were so glad they did. It was safe, Clean, The room was wonderful. Parking included. Great staff ,they even had wine and some food for their guests as a courtesy. Great free breakfast also. We went peak time of year. It was 141.00 per night But well worth it. We would HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you have to stay in Miami and want to feel safe.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

I recently stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn off US1 in Coconut Grove. The hotel was better than anticipated and gave a very good value for the hotel room rate. The staff at the front desk was always friendly and attentive. There was a very ample breakfast each morning and beverages all day. My room and the whole hotel looked and smelled very clean and I never saw one bug, which is alot to say for Miami!!! Also, although it's listed as Coconut Grove, it's not an area for walking around and you would need a car to go to CocoWalk.
I have to say that the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, and if it wasn't for the noisy compressor on an old system air conditioning unit in the room I would have had a wonderful sleep. Always prepared, I had ear plugs with me and had to use them every night. This was the only negative in my visit and I would definately stay there again.

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

The evening milk and cookies were so good after a long day of travel. Also enjoyed having snacks in my room. Breakfast was fabulous - fresh cut grapefruit, pineapple and oranges. No generic cereals or breads found on these premises! Saved time and money not having to go out for breakfast or snacks. The room was great - clean and comfortable. Front desk staff attentive to all my needs. Will stay here again.

Stayed December 2008
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Nice clean and pleant hotel. Location was great for conecting to highways and beach. Clean rooms, friendly staff and decent complimentary breakfast.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

I was charged for a stay at this hotel, and I didn't stay. What is worse, is that when I called the hotel after seeing the charge on my credit card they asked me if I had a cancellation number and declined to reverse the charge to my credit card when I said I did not.

Let me explain.

I booked a room here for one night to arrive on November 10. I had my meeting pushed back a couple of days so I changed the reservation to November 12 instead. When I arrived at the hotel on the 12th it was about 50/50 as to whether my meeting would be canceled or not, so rather than check in I decided to work in the lobby.

I received a call that my meeting was canceled so I packed up my laptop and headed for the airport. On my way out the door I stopped at the front desk and told the clerk that I would not need my room and would not be checking in. I got on a plane and returned home.

A couple of weeks later while doing my company expenses I noticed that I had been charged for the room on my Amex bill. There had been a couple of times in the past when I had forgotten to cancel my room by mistake at other hotels when business plans had changed last minute and in every case I was able to call the hotel, apologize, and have the charge reversed even though I had forgotten. In this case I called the hotel and spoke to the Front Desk Manager and explained what had happened. The Manager asked me if I had a cancellation number and refused to reverse the charge without one.

When I called the Hilton family Guest Services Line they looked up the activity on this stay and said that not only had the front desk clerk not canceled my reservation, she checked me into my room at 4:15 PM, about the same time I left for the airport.

I have a call into the General Manager of the hotel and I hope the issue will be resolved in a satisfactory manner. I am a Hilton Diamond Preferred member (I travel too much and I try to stay at Hilton family properties when I do) and as a last resort the Guest Services Agent has promised me that I will get a credit on my Amex account if the hotel will not reverse the charge.

My concern is that response I received from Ingrid the front desk manager is indicative of a bigger customer service problem with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

Booked 3 nights here and was not disappointed. There is free parking, the upper deck is outside and the lower deck is completely secure gated

There is 24hr security throughout the hotel and the grounds, a security guard patrols the whole site

The reception staff were very friendly and gave us a map of the local area and let us leave our suitcases in a secure room for the day

They have complimentary coffee, hot choc, tea 24hrs, then throughout the day and evening there are lots of free snacks, beer, cookies, corn dogs etc. The breakfast is free and is OK too

There is a business center where you can access the internet for free

Its not a 5* hotel but its fine, only 15mins drive from Miami international and its one of very few hotels in Miami that has free parking

Would I stay here again, most definitely

• Liked — Complimentary drinks and snacks
  • Disliked — Cant think of anything negative
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HOWE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

A litle bit pricy. Front desk people took time to let us know where to spend the evening. Secured garage. Nice room. Clean. Quiet. Good breakfast (not too many tables). Good location, close to Miami.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)