“Hotel review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

You added Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Petersburg, United States
“Hotel review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Terrific stay at hotel. The location and cleanliness of the hotel and the staff were terrific. I would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed for three days and the hotel was very comfortable, room stayed clean, and staff was terrific.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
The entire staff at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/ Coral Gables wants to thank you for your outstanding review and rating of our property and we hope that you stay with us next time you’re in town.

Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel is tucked right off of a main road, the location in convenient and surprisingly quite considering the proximity to the main road. The people are what stand out though, the staff is above and beyond. They are without a doubt the friendliest staff I have dealt with and I travel about twice a month for work. You are less then 2 miles from the water so the atmosphere is phenomenal. The hotel is a little older, but everything is superbly maintained. I will definitely stay there the next time I am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your fantastic review regarding your stay at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service to all of our guests and your review proves that we are doing just that!! We look forward to welcoming you back next time your in Miami.

Palo Alto, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Complimentary food/drinks on wednesdays and thursdays is really good although a little insufficient. The only aspect that I didnt like was that doors made a lot of noise every time they close "alone" as if the mechanical system didnt make them close slowly and that make you wake up sometimes when other guests closed them. Other than that, the hotel is great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My five night stay at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove was fine and in many ways what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. The hotel exterior and grounds appear neat and well maintained. The pool, workout room, business center and lounge/breakfast area appeared clean and well cared for. The staff members with whom I interacted were all pleasant and polite and appeared to genuinely care about my experience.

My second floor room was clean and comfortable, though there were more signs of wear here. The surfaces appeared clean and the sheets and duvet appeared and smelled clean (also indicated by the sticky-note on the headboard). My room was equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator, which is always convenient. The only miss I noticed was an obvious colored stain on the carpet that also extended to the bed skirt. To be fair this could have happened recently but nonetheless, it was there. The bathroom was very clean and the daily cleanings showed attention to detail on the routine surfaces. My pet peeve is the air intake in the bathroom. While it wasn't as dirty as others I've seen it should be an item for more regular vacuuming. Housekeeping, look up.

Off the soapbox - I really did enjoy my stay. The outdoor pool was great for an evening swim an the Manager's receptions were a nice touch. While there's not too much within reasonable walking distance, the hotel is less than a mile from the Coconut Walk shopping area. I would definitely return to the Hampton Inn - Coconut Grove.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear AB_Orlando,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We appreciate you noting the many pluses such as the hamptonality of our team members, the cleanliness of the rooms as well as the maintenance of our public areas and surroundings. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Manager to make sure any issues with the vents in the bathrooms is addressed inmediately.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stay one night and then they charge me another is was a mistake of the hotel I did not trust of the hotel. For give my credit they spent five days to give me the money back. There was a bad experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Asiol,

We apologize for the billing discrepancy you encountered and we're glad we were able to help remedy the situation. We're working with our front office team to review our policies and will keep your comments in mind. We hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,

TALLAHASSEE, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

All of the hotel staff were incredibly nice and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and quick. I travelled for business and the location was perfect. I would definitely book this hotel again when travelling for work to Miami. The parking above the garage was limited, and I would have preferred not to park in the garage underneath, but overall that wasn't a big deal.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Sarishni P,

The entire staff at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables wants to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your feedback and will be sure to share your comments with our team. We strive to provide outstanding service and appreciate your comments. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Miami.

Lincoln, NE, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Staying at the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove near the Metro to downtown. The physical plant, the building, rooms and features are all good, and while not quite first rate, they have squeezed alot into a small space.
Wanted to talk a little about the staff. I was meant at the desk by some young people ( at my age, everyone is young ) and they were knowledgeable and very personable. I was checking in by myself, and my partner was to meet me the next day. We asked for a quite room away from the elevator, ice machine and on the rear of the building. That is just what we got. Thank you!!

A complimentary breakfast was over seen by a young lady, Janet J. Susane ( think that is correct )
Not only was the food resturant quality, but Janet was everywhere at once; helping people carry food to their tables, making sure nothing was missing from the serving trays and asking how the food was. I am not used to the waffle machines, and she kindly and patiently showed me not only how they worked, but made sure my waffle had any and all the toppings I wanted. She saved me the embarrassment of trying put add bacon into the waffle while it cooked. And she did so in an informative and humous way. She never said " No, no you must not do it that way." She used the positive approach and said " it will work much better to do it this way, so you get your bacon and your waffle."

She is a real gem, and never scolded or berated me for not knowing how to do a simple thing like cook a waffle. Her attitude and positive attitude was most welcome and something in short supply at other places I have stayed. I would hope that you have some sort of recognition plan so people like Janet can be rewarded in some meaningful and positive way.

Traveling around, I have found most building to always be the same. The BIG difference is the people, the staff. If they are good, positive and long term employees they are the icing on a good cake. The make the whole experience worth repeating.

So keep up the good work, keep and reward your people, like Janet, and you will have a winning combination. Anyone can offer you clean sheets and a bed, but few places have someone like Janet to make you smile and help start your day in a good and positive way.

ken mason

Room Tip: Far enough away that the Metro can't be heard. Parking can be limited, and as a result the sp...