“Always about YOU” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

You added Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pennsylvania
“Always about YOU”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I and another couple drove up from the Keys. We had a reservation for a sunset cruise and chose to stay overnight. Being a Hilton Honors Gold member, I try to stay at Hilton hotels. While there were a number of hotels closer to the sunset cruise, we booked at the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove. We were NOT disappointed. The hotel is located right off Rt 1 in quiet neighborhood. At check in, John and Ligia could not have been more accommodating. They were extremely helpful in directing us to several restaurants within walking distance. They welcomed us with genuine smiles and conversation when we returned from dining and the cruise. Felt like we had been there a number of times before. Room very clean and in perfect shape with mini fridge and microwave. Free parking and awesome complimentary breakfast. Staff were awesome from the security man to the hotel manager. All were extremely welcoming and greeted each of us anytime they saw us. Also, arrived on Wednesday and manager has complimentary welcome reception with great appetizers and drinks. Will definitely return and recommend to others. I know our friends were equally impressed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear mariePennsylvania,

Thank you so much for your awesome review and feedback. I am extremely glad that we were able to impress you with our hamptonality and level of service. We look forward to hosting you again. Thank you for the recommendations.
Comeback Soon!

With pleasure,

Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was a wonderful Hampton Inn. Started at checkin, and there was two great desk clerks working, and they were so gracious and helpful. They gave me just the perfect room, and then fixed me up with directions to all the places I needed to go. They printed out mapquests and train schedules for me without me even asking. Nice touch.

Room in perfect shape and everything worked great and looked clean. Nice fridge with a big freezer.

Very quiet at night.

Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel. I am glad that our team member's display of hamptonality elicited such a praise for our staff. I look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Like others have said, this hotel is in a great location. 15 minutes walk to the Grove and all it has to offer. Very clean with great amenities such as free parking, extensive free breakfast, free coffee and tea and free wifi.

I saw another review saying the wifi isn't fast. However, that is untrue. The down speed is about 1.62 and up is about 0.72 at peak hours. This is fast enough to watch you tube, surf the web and even watch Netflix. Trust me when I say that it is better than many hotels.

The reason for only 4 stars were two things. One within hotel control and one the hotel had no control over. The first thing was I received several packages during my stay. No one called my room to say they arrived and they had some difficultly tracking them down when I did inquire (they do have a good system, I just had a moment of panic when they couldn't immediately find the packages). But the front desk staff is very courteous and helpful, so I am unsure if the lack of call was due to my DND sign on the door or just a policy.

Next, beware of the noise if you stay on the street side of the hotel. You can plainly hear the traffic, train and construction that is going on. It didn't bother me, but if you aren't from the city it might be difficult to deal with. I recommend rooming on the parking side if you aren't used to city noise.

One other thing to note is that the A/C unit is digital and difficult to adjust to your particular preference. I prefer the white noise of the fan running to block the sounds you get in a hotel, but this is not an option. Also, often the unit would sometimes just kick on even if I had the wall unit off.

One other recommendation for the hotel would be to have a 'suite shop' like the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell. That would be so helpful if you get up in the middle of the night for a craving, or just want a cold beer for a night cap and don't want to get fully 'dressed' to go to the shop. However, the gas station across the street sells everything, so that would just be a convenient amenity as it is not really a necessity.

There was a fridge and microwave in my room and a spacious bathroom. I don't think any of the rooms do have a bathtub if that is your thing. Also, the bed and pillows are very comfortable.

As a business traveler, I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
The Hampton team would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your review about our property from your stay back in April 2014. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you the next time you’re in town.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you stay at this hotel and plan to use your computer...don't plan to be happy with the internet speed. It was brutally slow during my stay and had huge lags when checking email or browsing the web (I actually was on Tripadvisor and the load times were long). Forget about streaming video, Netflix or Youtube will keep stopping to buffer.

The fitness room was more of a fitness closet. One treadmill, one seated bike, one crosstrainer, zero remotes for the TV.

And (this may just annoy me) the in-room TVs do not have HDMI hook ups so forget plugging in the laptop or PS3. Come on - for nearly $200 a night we should have newer equipment.

On the good side, the room was as clean as a Hampton typically is and far more quiet. My room (#200) was a good size and I didn't hear any other guests during my stay. Breakfast was better than the Hampton usual - they had Greek yogurt and really fresh oranges.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Go getem tiger,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your ratings and feedback. I am sorry you feel the value for your stay with us was not there when it comes to internet speed and size of our fitness room. I am disappointed to hear you were not able to connect, not even to check email messages. Currently we offer a complimentary WIFI access of 2 Mbps download and 1.0 Mbps upload which should be more than enough. We will be upgrading our circuit to offer additional badwidth for a fee as part of Hampton Hotels initiative. Our fitness room even though small offers the necessary cardio equipmen that you mentioned, along with free weights, medicine balls, and exercise matts and ball for core training. I understand your frustration with the lack of HDMI connection to our flat screen TV's and I promise to keep that in mind when we replace them with a newer commercial model.
I am glad to know you found our hotel to be clean, rooms of good size, and that you enjoyed our hi quality breakfast
Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I'm a little conflicted in writing this review. As a Hampton Inn, the Coconut Grove is nice. The facilites are good, front staff, especially Ligia, are very good, rooms are basic. But for the price of $228/night plus $28 in taxes, at a Hampton Inn, I was expecting a lot more. The carpets were dirty and the rooms and breakfast were nothing special. The LOCATION is very good. Easy walk to the Grove, near Unv. of Miami, near the Miracle Mile and Key Biscayne. Easy to walk to restaurants and good parking at the hotel. All in all, I would say the hotel is good if you find the prices down. We stayed during the Sony Tennis tournament - not knowing the tournment was in town. The hotel was totally sold out and breakfast was jammed every minute.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel away from the street is better. The front looks into the rear of a strip mall...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel served it's purpose. The location is close to food options. Very clean and breakfast was good. Staff very friendly and proficient. The rooms are very "golden girl" but clean. I don't think that the price I paid was worth it $740 for 3 nights but it was a last minute booking and it was blocks away from where I needed to be. If the price point was better, this would be totally worth it.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Mrs. Dalh,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your review regarding your past stay at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you stay with us again next time your in town.

Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed Valentines weekend and again this past week. Quick and friendly check in and easy parking. The room was large, quiet, and comfortable. The Hampton is within walking distance to several good eating spots and also affords easy access to U.S.1 and I-95.

Room Tip: Upstairs is always a "plus" for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear D17mike,

The entire staff at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/ Coral Gables wants to thank you for your outstanding review and rating of our property and we hope that you stay with us next time you’re in town.

Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables? Share your experiences!