Like others have said, this hotel is in a great location. 15 minutes walk to the Grove and all it has to offer. Very clean with great amenities such as free parking, extensive free breakfast, free coffee and tea and free wifi.
I saw another review saying the wifi isn't fast. However, that is untrue. The down speed is about 1.62 and up is about 0.72 at peak hours. This is fast enough to watch you tube, surf the web and even watch Netflix. Trust me when I say that it is better than many hotels.
The reason for only 4 stars were two things. One within hotel control and one the hotel had no control over. The first thing was I received several packages during my stay. No one called my room to say they arrived and they had some difficultly tracking them down when I did inquire (they do have a good system, I just had a moment of panic when they couldn't immediately find the packages). But the front desk staff is very courteous and helpful, so I am unsure if the lack of call was due to my DND sign on the door or just a policy.
Next, beware of the noise if you stay on the street side of the hotel. You can plainly hear the traffic, train and construction that is going on. It didn't bother me, but if you aren't from the city it might be difficult to deal with. I recommend rooming on the parking side if you aren't used to city noise.
One other thing to note is that the A/C unit is digital and difficult to adjust to your particular preference. I prefer the white noise of the fan running to block the sounds you get in a hotel, but this is not an option. Also, often the unit would sometimes just kick on even if I had the wall unit off.
One other recommendation for the hotel would be to have a 'suite shop' like the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell. That would be so helpful if you get up in the middle of the night for a craving, or just want a cold beer for a night cap and don't want to get fully 'dressed' to go to the shop. However, the gas station across the street sells everything, so that would just be a convenient amenity as it is not really a necessity.
There was a fridge and microwave in my room and a spacious bathroom. I don't think any of the rooms do have a bathtub if that is your thing. Also, the bed and pillows are very comfortable.
As a business traveler, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel value in Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. Located directly across from MetroRail station, walking distance of Coconut Grove and minutes from Coral Gables, downtown business districts. Our 135 deluxe guestrooms are spacious, comfortable, our amenities include Free High-Speed internet access, Free "On The House" Hot Breakfast, Free local calls, business center, 37" LCD TV's w/extended cable, free in-room movies, voice mail, pool/whirlpool, fitness center, meeting rooms, microwaves/refrigerators also available in some rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Coral Gables
- Hampton Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Hampton Inn