“Great Staff and location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 130 hotels in Miami
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great Staff and location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you can deal with the usual Miami traffic mayhem then this hotel is worth the stay. It is very close to the start of I95 and close to the Port of Miami. The hotel is off the main road so rooms are very quite. they have some exterior construction going on but no impact to your stay. Staff are great with the usual excellent breakfast choice. Parking is at the rear and down the ramp if the upper lot is full. but pretty tight if you have a truck (Pic showing my white Chevy truck). The room is of the usual high standard and real comfy bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear edodowd,

Thank you for your great comments and ratings of our hotel. As you mentioned our hotel is relatively quiet despite the proximity to US HWY1, granting easy access to Coral Gable, South Miami, downtown Miami and South Beach. Thank you for noting the hamptonality of our team members, who are always ready to provide you with friendly service. I apologize for the tight parking spaces for large vehicles on the upperdeck. We look forward to your next visit.

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport, which was ideal. I can also see how it would be very convenient for cruise ship transfers. In writing this review, I do appreciate that building work was being done on the hotel and that the rooms had already been upgraded, but I could not rate it as highly as the other Hampton Inn we stayed in Florida, during our recent vacation.

The rooms are certainly spacious and have been well decorated but there are some teething issues eg. we had to get the engineer out quite late to sort out our toilet cistern which flushed continuously, and the bathroom door did not lock. The pool area is pleasant, albeit a little noisy from the road and the spa pool is nowhere near as good as many we have used. The loungers around the pool are high quality and very comfortable. Parking is also free.

The least good aspect was the breakfast arrangements. The breakfast was free, with paper plates and plastic cutlery, and there was plenty of fresh fruit. However, there was far too little space for guests to sit for breakfast and on the Sunday, queues formed or people ended up taking breakfast back to their rooms. There were quite a few comments made about this. I hope that the planned improvements include an extension of this area.

Locally, we went to the Fairchild Tropical Gardens which were quite dear ($25 per adult) but were a lovely oasis in the city.

Dear chantillylace_10,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Miami, I do apologize for any inconveniences our ongoing renovation caused you, specially during breakfast hours. We hope you can visit us again once our renovation project is over to enjoy our services in a way you deserve.

Cordially,

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is very convenient. It's a block from both US Highway 1 and the Coconut Grove station on the Metrorail. It's about a ten minute ride to downtown on the Metrorail. Despite the heavy traffic on HIghway 1, our room was very quiet. We didn't hear any traffic noise or any noise from adjoining rooms.

Our room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed on the sixth floor, and we had a very nice skyline view from our room. The mini fridge and the microwave were nice amenities. The fridge even includes a separate freezer.

The service was great as well. Everyone from the front desk staff, to the breakfast attendants, to the housekeepers were very friendly and helpful.

We only had one complaint of any consequence. The pool isn't heated, and it can get cold in the afternoon shade and in the evening.

Dear wfoodog,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your ratings and review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you found the hotel to be quiet despite our proximity to US1. and that you found us to be conveniently located to access downtown. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms. Thank you for noting our team members' hamptonality and service disposition. Unfortunately our pool is not heated at this time, but will bring it up to the attention of our ownership group to see if we can add a heater in the near future.

Please comeback to see us again!

Kind regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stopped here to spend the night as to stay on Sunday in South Beach made our trip too expensive.

Excellent hotel. New. Clean. Big rooms and bathroom. Great bed - we had a kingsize.

Staff were helpful when we wanted to know if the Venetian Pool was open or not (it was Columbus Day) - they called ahead to check for us.

Nothing bad about it. Enjoy!

Dear PCardiff82,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you noting the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, along with the hamptonality of our team members. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Regards,

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent hotel, this hotel I will stay at again when in Miami. Stayed here for cruise out of Miami for two day's. Worth the money. Breakfast was good, parking is secure gated downstairs can only enter with room key. The BED WAS AWSOME could sleep in them all day long.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Marcus S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your oustanding reviews and ratings of your recent stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy the free breakfast, and complimentary parking along with the comfort of our heavenly beds. Check out our cruise packages which include trasportation from our hotel for up to two people next time you aretaking a cruise out of Miami.

Looking forward to your next visit.

With pleasure,

Richmond, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My three-night stay at the Hampton Inn was fine. It's right off the main road, Dixie Highway, which is US Route 1. You can see the Hampton Inn sign from Rt. 1, which is good because the traffic in Miami/Coral Gables is unbelievable. I am not a particularly nervous driver, but driving in greater Miami is quite a challenge for a visitor. I was visiting Univ. of Miami which is about 10 - 15 minutes away.

The main things I liked about this Hampton Inn were: 1) it was quiet; I never heard any noise from outside and barely heard inside noise, no traffic sounds, no footsteps in the hall, no conversations taking place outside my door, no plumbing sounds from adjoining rooms; 2) breakfast was pretty good, I was there for 3 nights and while I left too early the final morning to get breakfast at the hotel, the other two mornings I had a decent meal -- coffee, juice, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, scrambled eggs one morning and an omelet the other morning. There were lots of bread/muffin/bagel choices, cereals, a bowl of fruit, etc., standard breakfast fare. I felt like it was a good deal; 3) free parking on-site, which is a huge plus. The Inn has a 2-level parking area. The above-ground spaces were full when I arrived, but I always found a spot in the underground lot, and I was in and out several times; 4) friendly staff, the person on duty the night before I left was so helpful in pulling out a map to show me exactly how to get to the Miami airport, which is close. I'd flown into Ft. Lauderdale and had not yet been to MIA; 5) a comfortable bed, very comfortable, with a beautiful fresh duvet cover; 5) my toilet was flushing on its own every hour or so, and when I told the front desk about it, it was fixed right away, with a note left near the sink giving the time of the repair; 6) I had to leave about 5 a.m. to catch a flight on my last day there and I think I startled the night security guard. But he, too, was so friendly and helpful. At that time of night the parking lot was full to overflowing, but he helped me to wiggle my car around all the parked cars to get up and out the driveway.

Only two quibbles and they are minor: I couldn't get the Internet to work very well, but it wasn't a major issue for me. Either my phone wasn't linking to the wi-fi or I wasn't doing something right. The other small complaint is that the hotel's TV channel selections do not include PBS.

It seems like a very well-run hotel serving business travelers, parents of U. Miami students, and tourists all in a courteous and professional manner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear rrsrichmond,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and awesome ratings of your recent stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be quiet and comfortable, and that you got to enjoy the value added services and amenities we offer such as the free breakfast and complimentary parking. We also appreciate you mentioning the friendly service disposition of our team members. I am surprised that you were not able to link to our WIFI,which has been working very efficiently since we upgraded it earlier in the year. I will make sure I follow up with AT&T to make sure everything is fine.

Come back to visit us again We love having you here!

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've stayed here before for my Doctors visit. I have always enjoyed my stay at his Hampton Inn. Beds very comfy. Staff-great! John at the front desk was so cheerful and pleasant every time we spoke. Always had a smile. A lot of choices with free breakfast. Close distance to good restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member ,

Thank you so much for your great comments and ratings. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit. We are very appreciative of your comments regarding John, who like you mentioned is always pleasant.

Come back to see us soon!

Miguel Velasquez

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables? Share your experiences!