“It was fine -- and quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Va.
“It was fine -- and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My three-night stay at the Hampton Inn was fine. It's right off the main road, Dixie Highway, which is US Route 1. You can see the Hampton Inn sign from Rt. 1, which is good because the traffic in Miami/Coral Gables is unbelievable. I am not a particularly nervous driver, but driving in greater Miami is quite a challenge for a visitor. I was visiting Univ. of Miami which is about 10 - 15 minutes away.

The main things I liked about this Hampton Inn were: 1) it was quiet; I never heard any noise from outside and barely heard inside noise, no traffic sounds, no footsteps in the hall, no conversations taking place outside my door, no plumbing sounds from adjoining rooms; 2) breakfast was pretty good, I was there for 3 nights and while I left too early the final morning to get breakfast at the hotel, the other two mornings I had a decent meal -- coffee, juice, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, scrambled eggs one morning and an omelet the other morning. There were lots of bread/muffin/bagel choices, cereals, a bowl of fruit, etc., standard breakfast fare. I felt like it was a good deal; 3) free parking on-site, which is a huge plus. The Inn has a 2-level parking area. The above-ground spaces were full when I arrived, but I always found a spot in the underground lot, and I was in and out several times; 4) friendly staff, the person on duty the night before I left was so helpful in pulling out a map to show me exactly how to get to the Miami airport, which is close. I'd flown into Ft. Lauderdale and had not yet been to MIA; 5) a comfortable bed, very comfortable, with a beautiful fresh duvet cover; 5) my toilet was flushing on its own every hour or so, and when I told the front desk about it, it was fixed right away, with a note left near the sink giving the time of the repair; 6) I had to leave about 5 a.m. to catch a flight on my last day there and I think I startled the night security guard. But he, too, was so friendly and helpful. At that time of night the parking lot was full to overflowing, but he helped me to wiggle my car around all the parked cars to get up and out the driveway.

Only two quibbles and they are minor: I couldn't get the Internet to work very well, but it wasn't a major issue for me. Either my phone wasn't linking to the wi-fi or I wasn't doing something right. The other small complaint is that the hotel's TV channel selections do not include PBS.

It seems like a very well-run hotel serving business travelers, parents of U. Miami students, and tourists all in a courteous and professional manner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear rrsrichmond,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and awesome ratings of your recent stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be quiet and comfortable, and that you got to enjoy the value added services and amenities we offer such as the free breakfast and complimentary parking. We also appreciate you mentioning the friendly service disposition of our team members. I am surprised that you were not able to link to our WIFI,which has been working very efficiently since we upgraded it earlier in the year. I will make sure I follow up with AT&T to make sure everything is fine.

Come back to visit us again We love having you here!

731 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've stayed here before for my Doctors visit. I have always enjoyed my stay at his Hampton Inn. Beds very comfy. Staff-great! John at the front desk was so cheerful and pleasant every time we spoke. Always had a smile. A lot of choices with free breakfast. Close distance to good restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member ,

Thank you so much for your great comments and ratings. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit. We are very appreciative of your comments regarding John, who like you mentioned is always pleasant.

Come back to see us soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a very pleasant stay in Coconut Grove. We got a great night's sleep and can recommend Hampton Inn. The pool is just OK and in the shade for a lot of the day. The carpet could have been cleaner but the staff was conscientious. We liked that the comforter is covered by a duvet that is washed fresh for each guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the great ratings and your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your recommendation. Our pool located on the west end of our property remains under the building shade for most of the morning, but you can still get that great tan during the afternoon hours. I will forward your comments regarding the carpet to our Housekeeping Manager to make sure they are spotless as expected.

Thanks again,

Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

we have stayed here numerous times when we've come to Coral Gables to visit our kids. The price is great, the hotel is conveniently located and the rooms are super clean. My only complaint is that the shower never got hot enough. Other than that I could not say a bad word.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear suburbanmommy,

THANK YOU! We truly love to have loyal customers like you and try our hardest to provide you with a clean room, comfortable and safe surroundings, and great friendly service. I am sorry to hear about the water temperature if you are so kind to inboxme your information to follow up with that room, I will make sure we look into it.
We look forward to your next visit.

Cordially,

Swannanoa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My sister and I were in Miami for a family party and this hotel was a perfect location. The morning buffet breakfast had a huge selection of high quality products including delicious fresh fruit. The room was comfortable & clean with nice firm beds and we could regulate the air-con to suit ourselves. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Deena A

Thank you so much for your ratings and comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you noting the cleanliness of our hotel, the comfort of our beds, and the quality of the breakfast buffet. Thank you for your loyalty and really hope to see you here next time you visit South Florida.

Ann Arbor MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our four nights here were a true pleasure. We wanted to be near Coral Gables so this was perfect. It is just a block off US1, yet we never heard traffic noise in our room. This hotel has clearly been renovated in the last year or so, and the layout and decor were clones of the Bayside Hilton we stayed at in San Diego recently. Parking, breakfast, and wireless internet were all included in the base rate and all of those things were great: Breakfast was plentiful with cereals, yogurts, juices, coffees, pastries, breads, waffles, a different egg/meat/potatoes combination each day. A coffee bar is available all day in the lobby, and one cup coffee makers and coffee are provided in rooms. The wireless internet worked flawlessly and parking was always available. The hotel was run so smoothly we never had to ask for anything at the desk. A really minor complaint--using a laundry service that adds a little fabric softener to the towels would be an improvement. We LOVED the fact that they provide recycling bins in rooms as well as the option to use towels for more than one day to save energy and resources.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear a2tourist,

Thank you for the outstanding reviews and ratings of your recent stay with us. We are glad your stay was perfect and most importantly that you found us to be of incredible value. Thank you for your comment regarding the softener, which we use, but may need some calibration of the disposal unit. I will make sure our Housekeeping Manager takes a look to make sure it is properly adjusted.
We hope to host you once again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The stay at the Coconut Grove Hampton Inn was very relaxing, and the only negative thing about the stay would be the absence of the BBC on the television. I found the 3 for 2 nights ad on the internet confusing and wish that they would clarify the conditions for this deal. Otherwise, the stay was excellent, and I have no complaints about the service, cleanliness, or staff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us bout your recent stay with us. We are glad you had a relaxed problem free stay with us and certainly thank you for the great ratings you provided us with. We apologize the "stay three pay for two" package was not clear, we will work with our marketing department to make sure all details are included with the promotion. It basically allows you to save up to 25% of your stay on weekends compared to booking the daily rate.
Comeback to see us soon!

Cordially,

Miguel Velasquez

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables? Share your experiences!