My three-night stay at the Hampton Inn was fine. It's right off the main road, Dixie Highway, which is US Route 1. You can see the Hampton Inn sign from Rt. 1, which is good because the traffic in Miami/Coral Gables is unbelievable. I am not a particularly nervous driver, but driving in greater Miami is quite a challenge for a visitor. I was visiting Univ. of Miami which is about 10 - 15 minutes away.
The main things I liked about this Hampton Inn were: 1) it was quiet; I never heard any noise from outside and barely heard inside noise, no traffic sounds, no footsteps in the hall, no conversations taking place outside my door, no plumbing sounds from adjoining rooms; 2) breakfast was pretty good, I was there for 3 nights and while I left too early the final morning to get breakfast at the hotel, the other two mornings I had a decent meal -- coffee, juice, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, scrambled eggs one morning and an omelet the other morning. There were lots of bread/muffin/bagel choices, cereals, a bowl of fruit, etc., standard breakfast fare. I felt like it was a good deal; 3) free parking on-site, which is a huge plus. The Inn has a 2-level parking area. The above-ground spaces were full when I arrived, but I always found a spot in the underground lot, and I was in and out several times; 4) friendly staff, the person on duty the night before I left was so helpful in pulling out a map to show me exactly how to get to the Miami airport, which is close. I'd flown into Ft. Lauderdale and had not yet been to MIA; 5) a comfortable bed, very comfortable, with a beautiful fresh duvet cover; 5) my toilet was flushing on its own every hour or so, and when I told the front desk about it, it was fixed right away, with a note left near the sink giving the time of the repair; 6) I had to leave about 5 a.m. to catch a flight on my last day there and I think I startled the night security guard. But he, too, was so friendly and helpful. At that time of night the parking lot was full to overflowing, but he helped me to wiggle my car around all the parked cars to get up and out the driveway.
Only two quibbles and they are minor: I couldn't get the Internet to work very well, but it wasn't a major issue for me. Either my phone wasn't linking to the wi-fi or I wasn't doing something right. The other small complaint is that the hotel's TV channel selections do not include PBS.
It seems like a very well-run hotel serving business travelers, parents of U. Miami students, and tourists all in a courteous and professional manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel value in Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. Located directly across from MetroRail station, walking distance of Coconut Grove and minutes from Coral Gables, downtown business districts. Our 135 deluxe guestrooms are spacious, comfortable, our amenities include Free High-Speed internet access, Free "On The House" Hot Breakfast, Free local calls, FREE parking, business center, 32" LCD TV's w/extended cable, free in-room movies, voice mail, pool/whirlpool, fitness center, meeting rooms, microwaves/refrigerators also available in some rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Coral Gables
- Hampton Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Hampton Inn