“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

You added Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nuremberg, Germany
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Excellent hotel, great location and perfect service; perfect for business travel; walking distance to Coconut Grove's places of interest; comfortable parking and easy to ge to by car and public transportation

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Markus S,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad to know you found us to be of great value with a convenient location and great service. We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to South Florida.

Cordially,

Miguel Velasquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a wonderful stay here. I travel often... each stay I always seem to call front desk for something or another... Not here!! Staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. Large rooms were super clean and modern. We never had to call for housekeeping as we always had fresh towels and toiletries daily. We were next to elevators and it was very quiet. These should be obvious hotel obligations but coming from someone who travels often, you’d be surprised how these are often most complained about. I have absolutely no complaints here. Oh and the breakfast was GREAT! Food area was always stocked and clean. Pool is small but clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here over and over when we go to Miami. We don’t like to stay in the boutique hotels at South Beach nor in the busy Downtown Miami area so this was perfect... only a 15 minute drive to South Beach or 5 minutes to Coco Walk. The thing I liked least... the elevators were slow but I guess that adds to a quiet environment so I'll take it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear SulySuly,

Thank you for posting your comments and ratings of you recent stay with us at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. I am glad to know we met and in some instances surppassed your expectations of service. Thank you for noting the hamptonality of our team members, who took care of you. Thank you for also noting the cleanliness and comfort of our hotel, which is something we strive to provide each of our guests.
Come back to see us soon, as you know we are only minutes away from South Beach and many other leisure destinations in Miami.
We love having you here!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am a Diamond VIP and they gave me my choice of drink and snack. There are a few fast food options within a block of the hotel which is great. The light-rail is across the street and in 10 minutes you are downtown for $2. If you drive it would take about 25 minutes during the morning rush. They have cookies in the evening and I think they have wine and cheese 2 times a week in the evening. It was a nice hotel I would come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your loyalty to our Hampton and Hilton brands, and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to know we recognised you as a HHonors member upon arrival and that we offered you a welcome ammenity. As you mentioned our hotel is coveniently located just steps away from the local rail system, which provides easy access to downtown Miami, Miami International Airport, and Dadeland Mall especially during morning and afternoon hours. As you mentioned we do offer a complimentary Manager's reception on Tuesdays and Wednesday please stop by next time you are staying with us.

See you soon!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. It was conveniently located near Coral Gables, major tourist attractions, the airport, and Miami Beach.
We really liked this hotel. It was extremely clean. The staff was very polite, informed, and helpful.
We had a standard king room. It more than met our requirements and the entire hotel had recently been renovated. The room was very quiet.
The hotel offers an exercise room (basic but adequate), pool, business center, free parking (in Miami!!!), and free breakfast.
The first night we were there they offered snacks, beer, and wine in the dining area.
We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Carlosm1951,

Thank you for posting your ratings and comments regarding your recent stay with. It is a pleasure to read that you and your wife had a great stay and that you found our hotel to be clean. Thank you also for noting the profesionalism of our team members in the reception area, and that you got to enjoy the free ammenities we offer including parking, which makes us unique in Coconut Grove.

Please come back to see us soon!

Cordially,

General Manager.
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I wanted to redeem our Hilton Honors points for a free night for the first leg of our Miami - Key West - Miami babymoon. We compared this hotel to a Hilton in downtown Miami and a Doubletree in Miami Beach, but decided that this hotel had the best value because it offered free breakfast, free wifi and free parking.

We often stay at Hampton Inns because of our Hilton Honors membership. This hotel was pretty much in line with what we expected. It was clean, and the decor was towards the higher end of what we've seen from other Hampton Inns. Our room was a good size and had a refridgerator and microwave. The bathroom was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash.

We were there on a Wednesday night. There was a manager reception in the early evening. There were free snacks, beer, wine and soda. The hotel also had a free breakfast that was pretty much what you'd expect from a mid-level chain's free breakfast -- make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt. They also had fruit salad. Breakfast was well-stocked even though we were there close to the 10 am cutoff.

We did not have a chance to use the pool because it was raining when we got to Miami. The pool area was small but clean and nicely decorated. Despite its size and view of the parking lot, it looked appealing.

The parking situation was pretty terrible. The lot was very narrow and it was difficult to back out, even though we only had a compact car. This is not a lot that can safely accomodate a lot of SUVs. I would not be surprised if there are frequent complaints about cars getting bumped.

The hotel's location was okay. As I mentioned above, it was raining when we got to Miami. We were really hungry after our flight and wanted to grab lunch, but didn't feel like going out in the rain. We went across the street to Pollo Tropical, which was really good. We also picked up some basics from the gas station convenient store across the street. From the hotel, it was relatively easy to get to Miami Beach. It was also close to the Vizcaya House and Gardens, a good rainy day activity. There is a train station a few blocks away, but the train does not go anywhere of interest except maybe the airport (but I'm not sure).

The service was average until the end. At first I was not impressed, but not put off either. When I made the reservation, I made a note in the comments section indicating that my husband and I were there for our babymoon. When we checked out, they gave us a snack basket with a card. It was just the free snack basket that they give out to Hilton Gold and Platinum members, but I still thought that this was a sweet gesture. It was also really nice of them to give us the basket with a baby-themed card. Really a nice way to end our stay.

Dear melhojo,

Thank you for staying with us during such a special occasion and for taking the time to post your ratings and comments. I am extremely happy to know we met your expectations of our brand regarding cleanliness, comfort, and ambience. I am also delighted to know that you find us to be of more value than other Hilton properties in the area. When it comes to parking, the upper deck can be a little tight for the bigger cars, but we also offer a more spacious covered garage. I am sorry if you were not made aware. Thank you for noting the easy access to Miami Beach and the leisure venues in the area, and for mentioning the hamptonality of our team members, who noticed you were celebrating such an important moment.

Come back to see us again!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well, for those regular tourists who go to Miami, Coconut Grove is not the very first option. But if you don't mind renting a car and understands how to use a GPS, this might be the place to stay.
Why? Because then your in the middle of the great parts of the miami area.
Close to Coral Gables, Miracle Mile, Dadeland Mall, The Falls and other big shopping spots.

Coconut itself have its share of restaurants, places to walk, and lots of green stuff. There you feel more like a regular guy and not the tourist guy. Definitely, Miami Beach, crowded and noisy crowd, overpriced Lattes and tuned up cars are not my vision of getaway.

Hampton Inn: it went trough some remodelling and feel like it. King Beds are comfy, adequate rooms, free wifi, grab and go breakfast bags and some hot meals in the morning. OK, not gourmet stuff but they are free. And best of all, no vallet parking to be added to your bill- a hefty 30 bucks a day elsewhere.

Service is nice, they even put my FEDEX package inside my room before i return.

Cons: no dry passage from the parking lot , small pool (who cares) and no room service (ordered pizza).

Summary: I am going back with my kids next time. Need to say more?

Room Tip: Go for the king size bed suites .
Dear FamilyGuyWithTwins,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate your recognition of the area and the hotel, which as you mentioned offers easy access to a multitude of leisure activities and venues, as well as to business districts in Miami, Coral Gables and South Miami. I am glad you got to enjoy some of the free ammenities we offer our guests such as free WIFI, Free hot breakfast, and free parking, which is unique in the entire Coconut Grove area.

Come back to see us soon with your kids!

With Pleasure,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I knew what to expect from the Hampton Brand. No surprises. No disappointments. The key thing I look for when deciding on a hotel is whether there is a charge for parking. This is critical in Florida where a car is a necessity. Not so much in cities that have adequate public transportation. So I appreciate the fact that this hotel did not charge for parking. In fact, I previously stayed at the Brickell Hampton Inn on a couple of occasions prior to this stay. I would have stayed there this visit but for the fact that they have started charging for parking. Thumbs up to Hampton-Coconut Grove for not charging for parking

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear dino4897,

Thank you for posting your comments and ratings regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad we met the expectations you have of our brand. Thank you for noting that unlike all properties in Coconut Grove/Coral Gables and most in Miami, we continue to offer more value for your dollars keeping the cost of parking complimentary. In addition our hotel grants easy access to the cities of South Miami, Cora Gables, Downtown Miami, Miami Beach and Key Biscayne.

We hope to see you soon again,

Miguel Velasquez

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables? Share your experiences!