My husband and I wanted to redeem our Hilton Honors points for a free night for the first leg of our Miami - Key West - Miami babymoon. We compared this hotel to a Hilton in downtown Miami and a Doubletree in Miami Beach, but decided that this hotel had the best value because it offered free breakfast, free wifi and free parking.
We often stay at Hampton Inns because of our Hilton Honors membership. This hotel was pretty much in line with what we expected. It was clean, and the decor was towards the higher end of what we've seen from other Hampton Inns. Our room was a good size and had a refridgerator and microwave. The bathroom was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash.
We were there on a Wednesday night. There was a manager reception in the early evening. There were free snacks, beer, wine and soda. The hotel also had a free breakfast that was pretty much what you'd expect from a mid-level chain's free breakfast -- make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt. They also had fruit salad. Breakfast was well-stocked even though we were there close to the 10 am cutoff.
We did not have a chance to use the pool because it was raining when we got to Miami. The pool area was small but clean and nicely decorated. Despite its size and view of the parking lot, it looked appealing.
The parking situation was pretty terrible. The lot was very narrow and it was difficult to back out, even though we only had a compact car. This is not a lot that can safely accomodate a lot of SUVs. I would not be surprised if there are frequent complaints about cars getting bumped.
The hotel's location was okay. As I mentioned above, it was raining when we got to Miami. We were really hungry after our flight and wanted to grab lunch, but didn't feel like going out in the rain. We went across the street to Pollo Tropical, which was really good. We also picked up some basics from the gas station convenient store across the street. From the hotel, it was relatively easy to get to Miami Beach. It was also close to the Vizcaya House and Gardens, a good rainy day activity. There is a train station a few blocks away, but the train does not go anywhere of interest except maybe the airport (but I'm not sure).
The service was average until the end. At first I was not impressed, but not put off either. When I made the reservation, I made a note in the comments section indicating that my husband and I were there for our babymoon. When we checked out, they gave us a snack basket with a card. It was just the free snack basket that they give out to Hilton Gold and Platinum members, but I still thought that this was a sweet gesture. It was also really nice of them to give us the basket with a baby-themed card. Really a nice way to end our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel value in Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. Located directly across from MetroRail station, walking distance of Coconut Grove and minutes from Coral Gables, downtown business districts. Our 135 deluxe guestrooms are spacious, comfortable, our amenities include Free High-Speed internet access, Free "On The House" Hot Breakfast, Free local calls, FREE parking, business center, 32" LCD TV's w/extended cable, free in-room movies, voice mail, pool/whirlpool, fitness center, meeting rooms, microwaves/refrigerators also available in some rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Coral Gables
- Hampton Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Hampton Inn