“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakton, Virginia
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great location for anything in Miami. Close to highway yet far enough away that you can't hear it. Safe location. If you want a good dinner location, Bernies around the corner is very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Howard R,

Thank you for the high ratings and the review of our hotel. I am glad to know you got to enjoy "Berries", which is a popular spot for locals as well as tourist. Our central location just off of US HWY 1 offers easy access to nearby malls, restaurants, night entertainment and attractions.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

the hotel is wonderful. great customer service and very clean facilities. I would recommend this place to anybody that wants to enjoy the miami location without being in the big city gridlock. awesome place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear onetyme,

We are extremely happy to know you found our services to be at the top of the chart along with our cleanliness. The recommendation to othres is great and truly appreciated, but do not make it a one time visit.

Comeback soon! We love having you here!

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice end of I95 sleep-over spot before hitting The Keys. Nice shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mark R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel location. As you mentioned we are centrally located just off US HWY 1 with easy access to shopping centers, restaurants, financial centers and Crandon Park Beach. Stay an extra day or two next time so you get to enjoy more of Miami.

Looking forward to hosting you again!

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I don't give many excellent ratings but this property well deserves it. This is probably the best Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. This hotel offers a level of amenities and service one would associate more with a higher-priced chain such as Embassy Suites.
It's well-located in Coconut Grove, just off U.S. 1 a couple of miles south of where I-95 ends (or starts). It appears to be an older property, but recently renovated, and beautifully so.
The room was spacious and clean, with an excellent bathroom. We even had a very good view of downtown Miami as a bonus.
The complimentary breakfast included waffles and mini-omelets.
It has free ground-level and underground parking (for cruisers leaving their cars).
All personnel we encountered were courteous and helpful. We even left with complimentary bottled water.
This will definitely be our choice for future Miami visits. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Our 6th (top) floor room was very quiet. Room 614 had a nice city view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear RoswellDad,

Thank you for such a great review, we are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and we certainly welcome the praise of comparing our services to a full service brand. As you noted our location just off of US1 is great with easy access to Downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, Coral Gables and South Miami. Thank you also for noticing our recent renovations, which keep our spacious rooms up to par.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Convenient location and reasonable price with breakfast included. The hotel is not new but it is very clean and comfortable. Parking was no problem and staff are great. Overall we had a great stay and we recommend it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jessica B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you had a great stay and that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient. We really appreciate your recommendation to others.

Comeback soon! We love having you here!

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights (meant to be 7 but more on that later).

The hotel was pretty easy to locate, even at 10pm after a long flight from the UK. There was a small car park which seemed to fit everyone in nicely, and there is an additional underground parking area if it is full. I was checked in quickly into room on the 5th floor, which came with a refridgerator and microwave. Staff at check-in were friendly enough.

Breakfast at the hotel is complimentary and is the standard Hampton Inn food - cereals, yogurts, fruit, hot selection, waffles etc. It was a nice seating area - always busy but always possible to find a seat. I liked being able to take an extra yogurt back to my room and some fruit to take out with me.

The room was comfortable - the bed was heavenly, soft and perfect for a good sleep, with an assortment of pillows. Good size desk, and a huge TV. The TV was great but for a red line that went the whole height of the screen no matter what channel I had it on.

Hotel was opposite the metro - I didn't use it as I had a car with me, but I imagine it might be useful. Also a gas station and a diner right opposite. Everything else a 5 minute drive (pharmacy, post office, etc).

I was approached during breakfast to ask how my stay was, which I thought was a nice touch.

The only thing I found strange was their complete ambivalence to my checking-out 3 days early. At no point was I asked why I was leaving (and if I ran a hotel I'd be concerned if guests were leaving early), instead all I was greeted with was 'well, you've prepaid so you won't get a refund'. Nice. Considering I was leaving because I had picked up an infection through mosquito bites and was taking an early flight back to the UK for medical treatment, I felt this uninterested attitude made me feel even more miserable.

Last time I was in this region, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Hallandale Beach. I think given the choice I would stay there for future visits too. Nothing wrong with this Hampton, but I felt a little more valued at the other one.

Room Tip: The rooms with a fridge/microwave are best, and I think these are on the upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear loxias27,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We are really sorry to find out you had to shorten your trip due to a medical reason. We apologize for the ambivalent attitude of our guest service staff at time of check out, I have shared your comments with them to make sure we improve our services.
We are glad you did get to enjoy the days you were able to stay, and that you took advantage of our breakfast and our hotel accommodations.

We look forward to hosting you again!

PI, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is the second stay in 6 months at the Hampton in Coconut Grove. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. We have always checked in quite late with no hassle. Rooms are updated and clean. It's a convenient location and the rates are reasonable. Staff is very cordial and helpful. Breakfast can be a bit crowded and staff isn't extremely attentive to restocking hot trays, but all in all breakfast is included and good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Debbie P,

Thank you so much for staying with us again, and giving us the vote of confidence to come back whenever you are in the area. We strive to provide a clean, and safe hotel at a reasonable price as you have stated, and rejoice each and every time we accomplish it. I will share your comments with our staff to continue to improve our services.

Come back soon........... We love Having you here!

Miguel Velasquez

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables? Share your experiences!