“Miami Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Shop and Drop
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Miami Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Fortunately there was free shuttle to/from Miami Airport. I was able to sleep well and relax. Location was great since there was Japanese Restaurant located right across the street. Internet Service was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for only one night, 7/12-7/13. The staff is nice, the rooms are very clean. My room was on the fourth floor with a king size bed and it was very quiet. They have water jugs in the lobby flavored with different kinds of fruit. Being a coffee drinker, I was happy that there was 24 hour coffee service in the lobby. The complementary breakfast is nice with alot to choose from. There is a tv room and a computer area. It's in a very busy area so I would not stay there for a vacation. There is a CVS across the street and a Taco Bell right next door. The price was affordable and would recommend this hotel for a quick stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Savannah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful and the facility is clean and neat. Smoking at the entrance and in some rooms is a negative. Complimentary breakfast is below other Hampton Inns, at which I have stayed. Overall an excellent value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stay Report from 7/14-7/15

Location: The hotel is on the west side of MIA (obviously) about a block west of the Palmetto Expressway (FL-826). This puts it about 4 miles or so from MIA at least the way I went (on the freeway). The neighborhood it's in is pretty seedy: a bunch of gas stations and fast food places and also Miami's premier swingers club (I Googled the name of the building with the purple neon I could see from my room). Planes also land over it.

Hotel: The hotel is an older Hampton but it's in good repair. It's a 6 story building with a large lobby area that has a TV room that was quite inviting. There's two computers in the lobby with printers, 24 hour coffee and water and a pantry selling snacks. Off the lobby is a meeting room, small fitness center and medium sized outdoor pool.

Check In: Handled quickly and I was told because I was Gold I could chose two drinks and any snack from the pantry. Far better than the usual options for Golds/Diamonds. I also confirmed my room was a suite and was told "yes with a pullout couch" (more on that later).

Room: When I'd booked the room I selected one that said "One Bedroom Suite" which has a picture of an area with a couch. As you can see by the above picture, I did not get a couch. It was just me, but I like to stretch out on the couch to relax. I didn't bring it up with the agent but I wasn't thrilled.

The room also had some signs of wear (the desk was scuffed and there was a ring in the bathtub which also didn't drain well). Oh and no outlets by the bed either. Other than that things were fine: the bathroom was large and there was a real closet. The bed was comfortable and Wifi worked.

Breakfast/Other: I will give credit where it's due to the agent working that night. I was waiting for people to be done using the computers in the lobby so I could print my boarding pass and she let me come around the front desk and use her computer.

Breakfast was standard: Muffins, breads, bagels, fruit, cereal, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Plus hot options of oatmeal, Western omelets and sausage patties. No hot sauce though.

My Rate was $81 which you can't beat, plus there was free parking. It's good for a night at MIA and I'd be back if the price was right again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Houston-Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I love Hampton and this one deserves my comment. i love the location, Very near to Miami Airport, quiet, comfortable, excelent breakfast with Hot omelets, bacon, fruíts Very fresh, coffee robust and regular ( as always Hampton has available for us), teas, diferent breadas, juízes, etc, etc, etc. The staffs is Very kind, internet pretty good, TV chancela ...I loved this one even more because it has many restaurants just few sites away. My husband and I loved The Japonese. I would love to be back and highly recommend!,

Room Tip: There are many restaurants nearby just few sites away: Italian(was cled Sunday night)" Japonese...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a late flight arrival on 7/05. I called the hotel around midnight & their shuttle was sent for us. Not only was the driver on time, but he stopped at McDonalds for us! Alain, Erica, Jorge are great! Even allowed early checkin from our cruise on 7/13. Clean rooms, no odors!w/shuttles to the port.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnMiamiWest, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear ClyCalderon,
It is a pleasure to know that you find our property an excellent place to stay. We appreciate your feedback and thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on you next visit to Miami!

Best Regards,
Erika Diaz
Willemstad, Curaçao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel, it feels like home... friendly staff. Clean rooms. It is nearby the airport and some big shopping malls. With the security you feel save! Nice view of the planes landing just near by. I just love to stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr.Abner,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to award us with your review. It is our goal to be your home away from home, and I'm really happy that you enjoy your time at the property. We do appreciate your comments as you may know that it is the best training tool. We hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the area!

Erika Diaz

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!