“Nice welcome” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 129 Hotels in Miami
interior bc
“Nice welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We got the last available suite on November 10th and I must say the front end staff are a treasure. We were treated so well and it was just a nice welcome to Miami. Our suite was nice, secure parking, buffet breakfast and great attitude all throughout the hotel, so thank you for such a nice positive experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnMiamiWest, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello Tracy! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about the hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am very happy to hear that you found the hotel to be nice ! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida!

Erika Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here a couple nights during the food and wine show. normally we would stay down on the beach, but the food and wine festival made all the prices go up (but all the rooms were booked anyway). anyway the hampton was fine, the have the breakfast buffet, so you save on that. everything was fine, we knew what to expect, the Hampton isn't a luxury place by any means, but it fit our needs. It was still only a short ride down to the beach.
I would reccomend this hotel if you have a short layover, miss a flight, or just need a place to stay in a pinch. I would not got here for a vacation, its just not set up like that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had the worst check-in experience with this hotel. I pre-paid this room, showed up at 9:00 p.m. and still had to wait 2 extra hours to have the wrong room ready. Yes, the wrong room, I booked a king bed room and I was given a double-bed /handicapped accessible room with a broken bathroom.

Arlington, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked my trip at this hotel a few months ago. Now I work as a flight attendant as well as part time front desk employee for Embassy Suites, therefor I had a very discounted rate per day for my stay. We were intending on checking in around 3-4pm on November 7th... However because we were flying standby we weren't able to get on a plane until about 7pm, causing us to not get to the hotel and check in until about 1am November 8th. Completely exhausted and just ready to hit the bed, we arrive and the first thing that we are told..."mam I apologize but your reservation has been canceled." I was livid! "Why didn't I receive any type of notification, why was I sent a conformation email this morning showing my reservation, how can you just cancel a reservation without speaking to the person who reserved it?!!??"
According to the employee, she was told by her manager that I was contacted earlier that day. That absolutely did not happen, I had absolutely no missed phone calls as well as no voicemails. I understand that somebody may have called while I was on the plane... But that wasn't until 7pm when the reservation was canceled earlier in the morning. Also no matter what, a voicemail should have been left. Because if I knew I wouldn't have a room, and that I would be sleeping on the floor in the lobby then I definitely wouldn't have come.
Because of the busy events going on in Miami at the time ABSOLUTELY NO HOTEL IN MIAMI OR WITHIN THE 30 mile radius had any rooms available!! NONE!!! So after eventually getting the reservation cancelation mistake worked out, still there was no room I could sleep in or any other hotel they could send me to. We were offered a roll away bed eventually and after sleeping for about an hour on the lobby couch, we were moved to the meeting room to sleep on a floppy rollaway bed, and the floor...(because there were 3 of us.)
Finally by about 5am we there was a room available that we were able to move into. Also the manager Indira would be arriving about 7am... So I would be able to discuss all of these problems with her. I honestly felt like we should have been compensated in some way for all of our problems. Well when talking to the manager Indira she was "so sorry, and we will not be charging you for last night, but that is all we can do for you."
GIVING ME LAST NIGHT FOR FREE!!?? WOW! THANK YOU! We only slept on the floor and couches because of YOUR MISTAKE! HOW GENEROUS OF YOU NOT TO MAKE US PAY FOR THE NIGHT!!
That was absolutely the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. And because of all these issues and the fact that Indira was obviously not going to be helping us out in any way I really wanted to stay at a different hotel. I was actually very disappointed that there were absolutely no rooms in the area available. However we did end up staying for that reason alone.

Now, the good parts about the stay... The front desk employees at this location are fabulous!! George, Ines, Marisella, Virginia, and the overnight employee Kareem.... Those five people are the only reason that my stay ended up not being a completely terrible time. They were so helpful, so courteous, and they obviously know the meaning of customer service. They definitely deserve some sort of recognition for their hard work.
Their manager Indira could take a few lessons from them. With my 10 years in customer service experience.... The customer is always right, and you do whatever you can to make a bad customer experience better. That doesn't mean allow them to sleep on the floor and then act as if it was my fault the reservation was canceled and didn't receive a call.

Thank You.

Room Tip: Be sure to keep in mind that unlike every other hotel in the world, this hotel will be charging your...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Yardley, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We selected this hotel for it's park, fly and stay option, as we had a very early morning flight. Our room was adequate, although the ceiling was moldy or very dirty. Would not stay at this particular Hampton Inn again.

Bedford Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night for leisure purposes. The check-in process was very fast and I was assigned a room on the 6th floor and, being a HH member was offered a free snack item. The room was very quiet. WiFi worked well. Breakfast service was the usual Hampton Inn selection and the dining area is fresh and updated with a variety of seating options. Overall and excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Drogheda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel is actually quite a long way from the airport and I had to wait over 45 minutes for the shuttle (not what you want after a Transatlantic flight).. Unfortunately this meant that any eating places within walking distance of the hotel were closed by the time I arrived. Other than that, it does everything you would expect a Hampton Inn to do (comfortable rooms, free internet, and basic free breakfast). I would stay again - but not if I needed a shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!