“Love Hampton Inn!” 4 of 5 stars

Shop and Drop
Ranked #56 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Love Hampton Inn!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here twice during our vacation. It quiet and the beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately, the second round, the air conditioner didn't work very well & it was rather stuffy. The breakfast selection was fairly diverse. Overall, we were satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
R B, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm excited to see that you love Hampton Inn. So do I! I would love to hear from you further in regards to your experience in the room. I would love to know which room that is so that I can have it checked out. Besides that, it looks like everything else went well and I'm glad to see that. Thank you for staying with us and the time you have taken to complete the survey.

Your Friends in Miami,

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family booked here using my points. It was the best points deal around the airport. It is on the opposite side of the airport terminal so it takes about 20 minutes to get back and forth. When you consider loading and unloading the shuttle comes about once an hour. The first night we came in March 29th we waited quite awhile and I called the desk a couple times. I was not happy! Of However the manager on duty was very apologetic and went out of his way to try to make it right. We returned to this hotel a week later April 6 and had great experience the shuttle picked us up within 15 minutes. Our driver made great dinner recommendations. The next morning the shuttle was full and we feared we'd miss our flight. Once again the manager went out of his way and made it right for us and ensured we got to the airport on time. The facility is your typical Hampton but it was nice. We'd stay there again. Thanks for the great customer service and putting the customer first!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Matt and Deb,

I was delighted to see your review and I appreciate the time you have taken to do it. Your feedback directly to me on your first trip make me aware of the shuttle wait times and I sprung right into action in regards to making changes to improve this...I'm pleased that you got to see that on your second time around. I'm also happy to see that we got you onto your flight in time, I know you were worried. Thank you very much for being a loyal Hilton Honors member and I'm glad to see those points came to great use. Well, hopefully on your next trip to Miami we will see you again.

Your Friends in Miami

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel needs improvement, bad service employees did not reach out to help me with a lot of bags I had. room smelled weird and room needs major remodeling found a roach on my room and could not have the room change, front desk service was horrible the front desk lady I think her name was India Guerrero was so in a rush just to check me in after making me wait so much at the airport to be picked up I was really mad and wanted to take a cab but the only good service was the van shuttle driver he was a young man that I had no intend to talk to he was super nice talked to me about he had come to Miami for school from NJ coming from a nearby town in NJ as well and him being by himself in Florida at age 22 with no family here and how he is still trying to help out his mom from here and pay his rent to get by until he graduates from school that's amazing I was so greatful of how our talk went that by the time I got to the hotel I was calm and had forgot about how much it took to be picked up and tip him cause he knew how to deal with the situation and always smile and apologize for the inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Mr. Frank6854,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review. Your experience and feedback really does mean a lot to us. Our ultimate goal is to be sure that each guest is provided with an experience that exceeds the standards of Friendly Service, Comfortable Surroundings, and Clean Rooms. Based on your review, it seems we did not strive to meet those goals during your stay and for this I greatly apologize. I will use this review as part of training to improve the service with our front desk staff and the communication between the front desk and the shuttle so that no one else has to have this experience. I will speak with the staff that worked that day as well as commend the shuttle driver; I know that your comments will mean a lot to him. Again, I apologize for the experience you had and I will be working with the team to make improvements. If you are ever in Miami again, I would like to make it up to you by delivering to you that service that you expect. You can also always contact me personally and I will be glad to assist.

Your friends in Miami

rodney.bennett2@hilton.com
Shenzhen, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

But there is a lot need to be improve, like the bathroom shower water pressure, ventilation system in the bath room should be working, and the service of the breakfast need to be really improved, after 9:45 there is no more supply at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
R B, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you a lot for your review. Thanks to your feedback I am now aware of the issues that you mentioned and I have looked into them and made all necessary changes. Other than what you reported, I am glad to see that you liked your stay with us. Hope you enjoyed your time in Miami and hopefully we will be accommodating you on your next trip. Again, thank you for the review.

Your Friends at Hampton,

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel has free shutter service to the airport. When we arrive at the airport we contacted the hotel and the shutter bus was at the airport in 15 mins. I save over $60.00 just going back and forth to the airport. The breakfast was very good. Different each day. And the suite I was in on the 6th floor was huge. What more can you ask for. Way way under $200.00

Room Tip: go for the suite. very large
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to complete this review. Your feedback is very valuable to us. You say "The Best", and I definitely agree!!! My staff tries their best to make sure that each guest is provided with the friendliest services and clean rooms. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel such as the breakfast and the shuttle. If you have any future lodging need in Miami, we will be glad to host you again. Thank you for completing this review.

Your friends at Hampton,

Campinas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Check how clear the floor of your room is. I got 2 rooms with very dirty floors, got my foot black after 3min walking bare foot at my room.
Also make sure to mention the 100% Hampton Guarantee if you didn't like something during your stay.
"
We guarantee "Friendly service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment & your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton.™"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
St. Lucia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hotel only sends a shuttle to Miami Airport once an hour - so if you miss it, good luck. The hotel was full and extremely noisy on Friday night until after 4 AM - at least on the 6th Floor. On the positive side, it is a typical Hampton Inn and is clean. The breakfast is good; however, it gets really crowded as the 10 AM closing of the breakfast nears. Suggest eating early to have a peaceful meal. There are nice restaurants in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
R B, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for alerting us to the noise issues you encountered and I'm so sorry for any discomfort. With that weekend being one of the two busiest weekends of the year, the hotel was in fact sold out and full of leisure travelers. We have additional staff deployed in heavy traffic areas so we can ensure comfort and safety but also always encourage guests to alert our front desk if they experience any issues. I've shared your comments with our team so we can be more diligent in addressing this concern. We'll also be reviewing current transportation schedules and looking into additional time offerings. We hope you will come back for your next business trip for a much more relaxed stay.

Your Friends in Miami,

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!