“Superb service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Kitchener, Canada
“Superb service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel staff were incredibly helpful, and the hotel amenities are superior. There are large water coolers filled with ice & citrus on the main floor, free wifi, well-stocked and plentiful breakfast with some hot items, and they have a take-away snack bag filled with water, granola bar, muffin and apple. The shuttle service alone is priceless - quick and efficient, and given the traffic in Miami, that is no small thing. I recommend this hotel highly, and have done so to our travel agent as well!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
R B, Manager at Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you soooo much for taking the time out of your day to produce such a positive and constructive review. I will share this with my staff for sure. I take pride in the fact that we lead a friendly, stellar team here that tries their best to please our guest. It is reviews like these that keep them motivated to do their best....especially when it comes from a guest. I'm glad to see that you like the amenities of the hotel such as the free citrus water, breakfast to-go bags and the free airport shuttle. Again, thank you very much for the time you have taken to complete this survey and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

Your Friends in Miami,

Rodney G. Bennett
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn Miami Airport West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The first thing I noticed was the happy and friendly staff. I came late at night, and they set me up with place the delivered meals, since all the local restaurants adjacent to the hotel were closed.
In the lobby, there are 2 water coolers filled with lemons and oranges, very refreshing.
The newly remodeled lobby and breakfast area is very nice. There was a home made banana cake in the assortment for breakfast. My stay was very quiet, except for the occasional jet noise.
I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a nice hotel and reasonable for the Miami area. I was working in Miami Beach so it was some commute to get back and forth and was sometimes up to 50 min. Traffic was a little more than i anticipated. The biggest boats show in the world was going on and i was involved in it. could explain the traffic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travel often and when I accidentally leave something behind it never is normally never seen again. Not at this hotel. The staff went above and beyond by finding the items and helping me get them back.

I thought most of the people staying at the hotel during the week-end we were there will ill mannered but the hotel staff dealt with them without any noticeable complaint. I highly recommend this hotel not because it is any better than other Hampton Inns but because the hotel staff there are just great!

Room Tip: Everything was great except for one night that we stayed in the handicapped room. Room was ok but t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A GREAT hotel with top-notch amenities and VERY comfortable beds. We were extremely pleased and came back to stay again later. Shuttle service to the airport was prompt and courteous and fully met our needs. Fantastic breakfast included.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A few minutes from the airport this hotel was ideal for us and also had underground parking. The breakfast was excellent and had a large selection to choose from. Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms were quite small but clean. There wasn’t much to see or do around the hotel other than a few recognised food chains and a Wallgreen’s so we were glad we had a car to be able to drive to other attractions like Miami Beach which was only a few minutes’ drive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After a week-long cruise, we stayed here for one night before heading home.
The beds were comfortable! And there is a free shuttle to/from the airport which was superb.
The staff was VERY accommodating; we arrived off the ship and were tired but they did their best to get rooms ready for us quickly. They even sent a shuttle to another nearby Hampton property to retrieve a lost car seat!
I cannot comment on the restaurant as we didn't have breakfast there; our flight left too early.
No gated/locked parking if that is a concern and you are driving.
This is an older hotel. The shower curtain's plastic insert was torn. Some of the carpets have seen better days. A bit run-down looking. But the staff is kind and helpful.
One thing that will make this hotel very hard for me to consider again; the scents. For some unknown reason, housekeeping sprays a very strong smelling spray very frequently. So strong that it brought tears to my eyes and made me cough in the short walk from the front desk to the elevators. My friend who has scent reactions had to scoot up the back stairs! But she didn't completely avoid it. They sprayed that stuff all night long, about hourly. We told the staff and I hope they bring it up with management. I have never stayed in a hotel that was that strongly scented. No clue why it's done. But I do hope they ease up on it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Miami-Airport West? Share your experiences!