“Good and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, United States
“Good and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My fly from MIA to NYC was cancel and reschedule for the next day, so I chose This Hampton Inn in Coral Gables,because the great location, close to South Beach, Coconut Grove, Downtown Miami. The staff is friendly, and the room are perfect. Excellent option!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
thank you!

we are so happy that you gave us an opportunity after your flight to NY was canceled!
Yes, we are very much located in the heart of Dadeland - (Shopping district of Miami)
and we have a complementy shuttle that can take you to the airport just in time for your flight!
i want to thank you for taking the time to send your review and we hope to see you return soon!Safe Travels!

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a great experience in this hotel. We couldn't have asked for anyone to be more helpful and friendly! Everything was great from the roomto the hot tub , to the complimentary breakfast, to the shuttle! Our family would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you!!!

LOVE your review!

This is great! - It is very gratifying to hear our best guest like you speak so highly of our team members and service - this is awesome! I am going to share your comments with the team in this week's manager's meeting -
We want to invite you back!
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is new and shiny but nothing stands out as special. The hotel is hard to find and is hidden from all major highways. It can only be accessed by one small road. The rooms are comfortable and quite. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns as a Hilton Diamond member but have never seen a worse complimentary breakfast. There are better places to stay while in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you!

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel - I am glad that you recognized the Hotel as "new and shiny" - ! this is great! - Also, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our brekfast bar! this is not good - I am sure that it was very busy during the Holiday festivities, Although this amount of people during the holidays is the norm, I do not expect to see this again for I would like to envite you back!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Location of Hampton Inn, Miami Dadeland is near huge Malls, Target, Ross etc
Metro rail links to people mover. There is easy access to south beach by public transportation. Inexpensive bus from stop on metro (Government Centre)

Staff was excellent, especially Antonio and Alphonso

Shuttles arranged to airport and malls complimentary
Umbrellas provided when it’s raining without asking
Large buffet breakfast (complimentary)

Overall experience – Excellent

Rating -

Room Tip: Rooms was clean, sunny, overall ,good
Green Features: Local plants in garden Linen reuse programme Leftover materials (e.g. food) donated or re-used Energy-efficient lightbulbs Towel reuse programme Non-toxic pest control
Love it!

thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I love that you think our hotel's staff are professional and attentive! this is what we want to hear every time! Clean rooms and great breakfast! this is great!
I want to thank you for your comments and want to invite you back !
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

"Older" Hampton Inn - located close to major shopping, highways, A1A. Fully booked over New Years week. Rooms and hallways in need of a reno (carpets worn, room decor aging, etc.) but clean nevertheless. New lobby/common area. Very busy but standard Hampton Inn breakfast that the staff worked diligently to keep stocked and clean. (Saw the porter empty the large garbage can a few times one morning just in my 1/2 hour down at breakfast.) Seating can be a challenge at breakfast but people are generally accommodating and there's a small outdoor patio too. Standard sized outdoor pool also that was well-maintained and had nice seating/lounging around its perimeter. However, what really sets this hotel apart was the staff. From Pedro at the front desk who couldn't be friendlier or have a more "how can I help?" attitude to the housekeepers (who smiled, greeted you and seemed to always be working so hard) - the employees at this property really were stellar. Every time we walked in and out of the hotel (this was my father, my sisters, my girls and me - in three separate rooms), we were greeted in some way and it really was refreshing. When I had a question about the invoice, it was handled without fanfare and with great professionalism. Although again, it's not luxury and really could use an update, I'd stay at this hotel again.

WOW! thank you!
I love how you and your family felt after staying with us! You are very kind to point out the different services that we manage at our hotel, from the nice pool to our great breakfast buffet, and the most important thing,,, our staff! Your recogniziton to our service is second to none!
I sincerely love your review and I will share it with thewhole team in this week's manager's meeting, I hope that you can come back and enjoy this hotel again!
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed from Christmas through New Years. Full capacity at the Hotel. Everything was wonderful. Only problems were lack of towels on some days and people took luggage carts to their rooms and kept them. Has to be a better way maybe a sign out to have carts stay downstairs. But the staff from the front desk- Breakfast people-housekeepers WONDERFUL. Remember you by name and made you feel at home ESPECIALLY during the Holiday.

Thank you!

How wonderful of you to send us a review of our hotel's services after spenidng the holidays with us, this is great! Your review tells me that our team members did everything they could to make your stay pleasant ! I am sorry to hear about the shortage in towels and the missing lauggage carts! Your feedback is very helpful as it will prompt us new ideas on what to do to avoid this from happeneing again, your suggestion to keep a "log" where those carts have been taken is superb! thank you!!! I hope to see you again and shake your hand!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The first night was awful. The mattress springs poked my ribs and the bathroom fan wasn't working. Halfway through the night I got another blanket out and slept on top of it. Fortunately the manager changed my room upon my complaint and gave me a free night at check out. We stayed 5 nights. I felt awful for the next guest who got that room! Too bad the housekeeping staff doesn't check on these things on a routine basis. The A/C blower was too loud for me. It was bearable if you only set it on blow, not A/C. After the change in room, the stay was fine. But still, it was a bad start to our vacation. Also, they really need to add some entrance signs as the street leading up to the driveway has some unusual twists and turns to it. At least management stood by their 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Room Tip: The first room we had on the 2nd floor was unacceptable. The mattress was a torture chamber. Fifth...
Thank you!!!

I really appreciate your taking the time to write about the experiences surrounding your most recent visit to our hotel - I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with directions, and I am sorry to hear that the mattress of the first room was not what you expected to see, Your feedback has allowed me to take action and correct these deficiencies. I have sent an email to the Highway Patrol offices in Miami in hopes to speak with someone about this issue - Regarding the mattress; I have instructed my maintenance engineer to replace it right away,
I am very pleased to hear that the staff invoked the 100% satisfaction policy on your bill and adjusted the night charges, this is what we stand for, Your loyalty is our greatest reward, we want you to be Extremely Satisfied, every time you stay with us, Should you need to speak to me in the future, do not hesitate to call me directly on my cell phone to 305-726-3473

I want to invite you back, thank you for your time and Safe Travels

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!