“Excellent hotel, unless you have a wheelchair bound family member” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland

10% off for AAA members
Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Doral, Florida, United States
“Excellent hotel, unless you have a wheelchair bound family member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I loved this place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The drivers were personable and went out of their way. But my 84 year-old mother is wheelchair bound and needs a lift or ramp to board a vehicle. This hotel does not have a wheel chair van with a ramp or lift, so I had to spend additional money to get transportation. Otherwise, everything else was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you!

We appreciate your review! Thank you for your high marks on customer service and cleanliness! we love that! I am so sorry to hear that we did not provide your 84 year old mother with the proper accommodations - You are right - We should have done better! I am disappointed because I was not alerted of this while you were here, I could have just called a VAN with the ramp and keep it here until your check out day - I am looking forward to seeing you in the future and we will never miss the opportunity to serve you just as you expect to be served -

Thank you for taking your time to write to us. I will share your feedback with the staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seminole, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel is damp with a clammy feel and is not a comfortable place to try to sleep. It needs an air conditioning overhaul. Non smoking room smells of smoke. Service is good, but cannot be offset by the poor air quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We're so happy that we had the chance to serve you during your travels to our area. I'm so sorry to hear the air quality wasn't quite up to your expectations and I've asked our maintenance team to check our HVAC system and our housekeeping team is working addressing the unpleasant smoke smell. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you'll come back for a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards,
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our third stay at this hotel and our room once more lived up to the excellent standard set on prior visits. Facing the back side resulted in a super quiet room away from traffic and other external noise. We were very satisfied with our room as the a/c worked perfectly, the television was good quality, the room was very clean, and comfortable. The only factor knocking this down to a rating of "4" was the major renovation underway in the lobby. The front desk had been removed and check-in was at a temporary desk set amidst the renovations which made the process very slow and disorganized. As a result of the renovations, breakfast was offered in a very small conference room and guests were seated almost elbow to elbow. However, it is worth noting that this was in late May 2013 so the renovations should be complete by the time readers visit. I am confident the hotel will again earn a "5" from me whenever we return.

Room Tip: Request the back side away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you!

We really do value your feedback! Please accept our apologies for the temporary mess associated with the renovations of our lobby, We are humbled by your observation, and You are right! Renovations are NOW done! We want to invite you back , Same great friendly service, but in more modern sophisticated ambiance !!!
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review!
please come back soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location convenient to Miami airport, dadeland mall, south beach, etc!

Stayed here while searching for a summer rental in the Florida keys.

Hotel was under renovation or remodeling but it was peaceful, clean and quiet.

Breakfast in the mornings was great, food hot and plenty of options.

Hotel staff was wonderful and went out of their way to accommodate special requests.

• Stayed June 2013
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you!!!

I am so very pleased that you are happy with our renovations and that you did not experience any inconvenience - this is great! I am so happy to read that you thought our staff are wonderful and the place is peaceful & clean , this is great!

I will share your comments with my team in this week's manager's meeting!

we hope that you can return once we've completed the renovations, we know you are going to love the final product!

Safe Travels!
Castle Pines, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I wish I had known this hotel was undergoing a remodel. I would have chosen another property. The air conditioning was shut off in the hallways. The carpet was being replaced in the lobby and first floor hallway. Nice work out room with free weights. I did not use the pool or business center. The internet worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer -

Thank you!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We really appreciate your feedback and please know we do value your business!

It's great that you thought that our newly upgraded Gym was to your liking! and that you tried the Hotel's complimentary wireless high speed internet access service and worked great - this is fantastic!

We apologize for the temporary “mess” associated with the renovation of our hotel’s lobby and breakfast area. We have attempted to minimize the inconveniences to our guests during this renovation and I apologize for the inconveniences to you. We believe you will be most impressed with our new lobby and breakfast area when you return!

I look forward to meeting you personally and shaking your hand during your next visit to our hotel. Please call me and I will personally make your reservation for you! We hope you will continue to utilize the outstanding accommodations at Hampton Inns to host your overnight visits!
Safe Travels!!
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our room had a chemical smell that we thought would dissipate but it was covering a mildew smell so we had to change rooms. There was no fuss and we immediately got a new room and the rest of the stay was comfortable. The lobby was unders renovation and the breakfast was served in the meeting room. The food this time was ok but it was better last year when I stayed here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you!!!
We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you ! ]Your comments will allow me to personally inspect and correct all the deficiencies you found in your room - Please allow me to assure your that this will not be the case ever and we would really appreciate another opportunity to serve you with our compliments, we want to earn back your trust. Thank you for your kind comments about the service you were provided when you had to change rooms - We realize that while we are renovating , we understand that our efforts to keep inconveniences down will not be enough to achieve your 100% satisfaction; and we thank you for your patience while we continue with our upgrade - I know you will enjoy our hotel after renovations are over!!!
We wish you safe travels!
WASHINGTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and would most likely stay there again. My only complaint was that there was a dead cockroach in my bathroom when i first checked in so it makes me wonder if the room had been cleaned before i checked in. However, I did not mention it to the staff, and I'm sure they probably would have moved me to another room if I had. The staff were incredibly nice and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you!
We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us -
Your feedback helps us in our ongoing team member training in an effort to achieve the highest level of service our guest deserve , after all, our goal is to work for your loyalty and trust- I will share your comments with the entire Housekeeping staff this week and we will be looking forward to hosting your next trip to Miami Dadeland -
Safe Travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!