“Still A Great Mid-Range Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

10% off for AAA members
Ranked #19 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Still A Great Mid-Range Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our third stay at this hotel and our room once more lived up to the excellent standard set on prior visits. Facing the back side resulted in a super quiet room away from traffic and other external noise. We were very satisfied with our room as the a/c worked perfectly, the television was good quality, the room was very clean, and comfortable. The only factor knocking this down to a rating of "4" was the major renovation underway in the lobby. The front desk had been removed and check-in was at a temporary desk set amidst the renovations which made the process very slow and disorganized. As a result of the renovations, breakfast was offered in a very small conference room and guests were seated almost elbow to elbow. However, it is worth noting that this was in late May 2013 so the renovations should be complete by the time readers visit. I am confident the hotel will again earn a "5" from me whenever we return.

Room Tip: Request the back side away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you!

We really do value your feedback! Please accept our apologies for the temporary mess associated with the renovations of our lobby, We are humbled by your observation, and You are right! Renovations are NOW done! We want to invite you back , Same great friendly service, but in more modern sophisticated ambiance !!!
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review!
please come back soon!

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location convenient to Miami airport, dadeland mall, south beach, etc!

Stayed here while searching for a summer rental in the Florida keys.

Hotel was under renovation or remodeling but it was peaceful, clean and quiet.

Breakfast in the mornings was great, food hot and plenty of options.

Hotel staff was wonderful and went out of their way to accommodate special requests.

• Stayed June 2013
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you!!!

I am so very pleased that you are happy with our renovations and that you did not experience any inconvenience - this is great! I am so happy to read that you thought our staff are wonderful and the place is peaceful & clean , this is great!

I will share your comments with my team in this week's manager's meeting!

we hope that you can return once we've completed the renovations, we know you are going to love the final product!

Safe Travels!
Castle Pines, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I wish I had known this hotel was undergoing a remodel. I would have chosen another property. The air conditioning was shut off in the hallways. The carpet was being replaced in the lobby and first floor hallway. Nice work out room with free weights. I did not use the pool or business center. The internet worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer -

Thank you!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We really appreciate your feedback and please know we do value your business!

It's great that you thought that our newly upgraded Gym was to your liking! and that you tried the Hotel's complimentary wireless high speed internet access service and worked great - this is fantastic!

We apologize for the temporary “mess” associated with the renovation of our hotel’s lobby and breakfast area. We have attempted to minimize the inconveniences to our guests during this renovation and I apologize for the inconveniences to you. We believe you will be most impressed with our new lobby and breakfast area when you return!

I look forward to meeting you personally and shaking your hand during your next visit to our hotel. Please call me and I will personally make your reservation for you! We hope you will continue to utilize the outstanding accommodations at Hampton Inns to host your overnight visits!
Safe Travels!!
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our room had a chemical smell that we thought would dissipate but it was covering a mildew smell so we had to change rooms. There was no fuss and we immediately got a new room and the rest of the stay was comfortable. The lobby was unders renovation and the breakfast was served in the meeting room. The food this time was ok but it was better last year when I stayed here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you!!!
We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you ! ]Your comments will allow me to personally inspect and correct all the deficiencies you found in your room - Please allow me to assure your that this will not be the case ever and we would really appreciate another opportunity to serve you with our compliments, we want to earn back your trust. Thank you for your kind comments about the service you were provided when you had to change rooms - We realize that while we are renovating , we understand that our efforts to keep inconveniences down will not be enough to achieve your 100% satisfaction; and we thank you for your patience while we continue with our upgrade - I know you will enjoy our hotel after renovations are over!!!
We wish you safe travels!
WASHINGTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and would most likely stay there again. My only complaint was that there was a dead cockroach in my bathroom when i first checked in so it makes me wonder if the room had been cleaned before i checked in. However, I did not mention it to the staff, and I'm sure they probably would have moved me to another room if I had. The staff were incredibly nice and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you!
We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us -
Your feedback helps us in our ongoing team member training in an effort to achieve the highest level of service our guest deserve , after all, our goal is to work for your loyalty and trust- I will share your comments with the entire Housekeeping staff this week and we will be looking forward to hosting your next trip to Miami Dadeland -
Safe Travels!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was on business trip for 2 days and expected Hampton In to be nice experience. The bathroom shower didn't work and it only had cold water. I had to take cold shower and rush to my meetings. I didn't repot this since they would transfer me to another room and I didn't have time for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your post! We really appreciate your time in sharing the circumstances surrounding your last stay with us - We are thankful to you for providing this feedback - it helps us become a better hotel - We acted upon our 100% satisfaction guarantee policy and refunded your credit card - In this hotel, if you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay! Thank you for visiting us and I extend a warm invitation back to our hotel! I will personally make sure your stay is a memorable one!
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is located within easy access to major expressways; yet, surprisingly in a quite setting regardless of time of the year. Relatively near (by car) restaurants in Sunset Street offer a wide selection of choices and quality. The rooms are very clean and the hotel personnel extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast is adequate and could benefit offering a later closing time. The rooms sound insulation is good, however, the only blotch is the noise produced by the room air condition unit. In winter one can scape it but not in the Miami heat and humidity of Summer. The free parking and room wi-fi are added assets. We have stayed several times and the above patterns remain constant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Tripavisor contributor -

We received your comments regarding your past stay! let me thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of our rooms and the service from the staff - this is great! thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we hope that your travels bring you back to Miami soon!

safe travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!