“My go to residence in Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% off for AAA members
Ranked #17 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“My go to residence in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First found out about this hotel on trip advisor and spent time here with family in December 2010. I have returned here several times since then. Staff are generally friendly, however, I must single out Pedro who is always friendly and efficient. This hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from Target, Best buy, Sports Authority, Bed bath and beyond. Dadeland Mall is about 5 minutes walk and Ross, DSW and 24 hour CVS are also less than 10 minutes walk. Good Location for shopaholics!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear reviewer -

Thank you for your visit, We love having you here! I am in receipt of your great feedback regarding your experience in our hotel – I am sorry that our renovations caused you some irritation! We are almost done! I am also concerned that you thought that the design on the walls of the bathroom is “dirt” – It is not and I can understand your perception! But please know that it is just the design and not actual stains, I am very grateful to hear your say that the customer service was fantastic – this is great!
I hope that you can give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future!
Carlos & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Carlsbad, CA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a miserable stay here, most of which was due to renovations in progress but I have a sense that any issue would be addressed with the same cavalier attitude. Hotels better start being honest about this construction activity ahead of time or a law will be passed. I had planned a 6 night stay but had to leave after 4 due to noise, unavailable seating breakfast in crowded small meeting room that could not accommodate all guests, and not a single basic amenity request could be met.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Macedo –

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me. We really appreciate your feedback and please know we do value your business!

I have applied the 100% Guarantee Policy to your account – The 100% Guarantee policy requires that I credit you back for the points that were unused, and credit you back for the last night paid (points or credit). At our discretion, I have included an offer of a future complimentary one-night stay at this hotel or any other Hampton branded hotel you may choose to visit in your future travels.

In addition, and in a gesture of courtesy to you, I am purchasing 30,000 points that will be credited to your HH account for being a very loyal Hampton Inn Guest.

I would appreciate your observations regarding your interactions with our Associates and the cleanliness of your guestroom. Please drop me a line so I may initiate the necessary actions to address your concerns and restore your trust in our hotel.

Again, we apologize for the temporary “mess” associated with the renovation of our hotel’s lobby and breakfast area. We have attempted to minimize the inconveniences to our guests during this renovation and I apologize for the inconveniences to you. We believe you will be most impressed with our new lobby and breakfast area when you return!

I look forward to meeting you personally and shaking your hand during your next visit to our hotel. Please call me and I will personally make your reservation for you! We hope you will continue to utilize the outstanding accommodations at Hampton Inns to host your overnight visits!

Thank you again!

Best Regards,

Carlos Colloca
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was really pleased with the friendly and helpful staff. Even though several of the people I interacted with spoke very little English, and I speak no Spanish, we managed to communicate. Front desk staff speak English, of course, and everyone was very helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much!!!!

"Great Staff and accommodation" ,,,, Love the tittle you chose!

One of my favorite things in my job is to read our guest comments because they help us “tune up” our service!!!! I love that you recognized the staff the way you have.. A friend told me long ago "it is not so much what they say it is how they act" fine example to your comments about the staff communicating with you - this is great! Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you!
We’d love to see you soon!

Safe Travels!
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Miami for my wife's old neighborhood crew, we wanted to stay close to the Hood, but also close to Dadeland Mall. This Hampton is everything we needed, granted the lobby area is under construction, only to get better. This includes the breakfast area, which was moved to the conference room, still HOT, fresh, and plentiful !! The Hampton beds are the best in the business, super comfy, super fresh linens. The nightlight of our stay, was the staff, Pedro Ortiz, at the desk is the Bomb, very nice, doing whatever needed to help the guests experience the Hampton Way !!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you!!!

I am delighted to read your comments about your recent visit to our Hampton Hotel in Miami -
We really appreciate your taking the time to write to us and tell us how you felt during our stay -
I am going to share your comments with the entire team especially with Pedro! You are right! He is a "class-act" and I am thrilled to have him in our team -
We hope that your travels bring you down to Miami very soon! You'll be pleased with the renovations!!!
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here based on the reviews. Definitely worth every cent spent. The staff is excellent. Free airport shuttle pickup was within 30 minutes. Area felt safe. CVS, Dadeland Mall (shuttle transport provided) Ross and DSW Warehouse within walking distance. Perfect location for the purpose of my trip. Bus station is a 5 minute walk away. WILL RECOMMEND

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a one night stay here visiting relatives. Room was quiet, comfortable and very well laid out for the price. Did not care for the free breakfast but free is always good anyway.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you! You chose a great tittle!!! We appreciate your taking the time to share your Hotel stay experience on Tripadvisor.com , "the room was quiet and well laid out" thank you for those comments!!! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We are currently 50% done with our first Hotel renovations and we would like to invite you back to when your travels bring you back to Miami Dadeland !!! Safe Travels!!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We arrived at Miami on a very busy weekend and most hotels were fully booked. This hotel offers good value for money, with big and clean rooms. The Downside is that we had to get in the car for every meal. There is no restaurant in the hotel and the location is not easy to access without a car. The breakfast was nice but very chaotic, every morning we had to stand in a line to get a table, and ended up joining other people. The pool is nice but it was too windy to enjoy it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Fan -

We really enjoy it when we all gather and sit around our conference room every Monday morning to read the comments and feedback from our guests - We love that you took the time to write to us!, and we feel rewarded when we hear you say "good value for money" this is great! Be sure to give us another opportunity in the near future and we’ll be looking forward to serving you again, Thank you & Safe Travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!