“Nice staff & accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Nice staff & accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times over the past few years. Each time we have been there, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. I cannot say enough about the staff. They are friendly and accommodating. The only negative that I can offer is that parking can be a bit tight at times. If you will be in the Dadeland area, then I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Fan -

Nice review! Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience in our Hotel - We love love love that you are recognizing our staff's service!!! This is our number one motivator! Your feedback helps us become a better hotel! Thank you for your great comments about the beds and the cleanliness, this is great! I am sorry to hear about the tight situation with our parking lot! With the Sony Open in town our hotel was full everyday hence the lack of parking space - We will monitor and find a viable solution to minimize this problem!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Somewhat in need of renovation. Water in sink did not drain. Breakfast good but very crowded with no seating. Location is excellent and staff very friendly. Pool area nice. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I love your tittle to your review!

Thank you for taking the time to write to our guests! We love having you here!
We love the way you describe our hotel's Staff's friendliness and that you would recommend our hotel and visit us again! Great! This is what we love to hear every time form our guests!
I also noticed that you thought our breakfast was crowded and you did not have a place to sit! Sorry about that! You are right! This past week with the Sonny Erickson we were very busy and experienced more than normal surges of guests in our breakfast - !! Safe Travels and come back soon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The location alone is the best reason to stay in this hotel. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and breakfast and parking is free. The internet was spotty, but it is also free. I would have paid $5 a day for reliable internet, but that wasn't an option. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear tripadvisor fan -

We are grateful for your review - we love when our guests take the time to tell the world about how they felt when visiting our hotel in the prestigious Dadeland area -

We love that you recognized the staff to be friendly and that the rooms are clean! Great!

Also, so sorry to hear that Internet was "spotty" throughout your stay...!!! This is not good! We pride ourselves of having 20 megabytes of speed and we believe our HSIA carrier does a superb job - Your comments have made us aware of the need to contact them for a full checkup of our system! thank you that!

We hope you can return soon!

Regards,

Carlos & Staff
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Spent just one night backing from Orlando. The breakfast got eggs and hot dishes over at 09:00AM what frustraded me. I was accomodated in an accessible room what wasn't good with a child of 2 years old, mainly during the shower. Had reserved room with two queen beds but got an accessible room with one king bed. Good location near Dadeland Mall and Coral Gables. Good Cleaness.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Tripadvsiro reviewer -

We are delighted to read your review -thank you for taking the time to write it -
This is one of those tools that we cherish and we take very seriously -
We want you to trust our services and your loyalty is always our greatest rewards -

I will share your comments regarding the room type that was not honored with my team and tomorrow's manager's meeting - we apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your last experience - May I ask you to call me? I will do everything possible to amend this perception

We thank you once again for mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel! this is great!

Come back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great, bilingual staff. Take care of all the little things. A little out of the way, but close to many nice restaurants and a nice mall. Target just across the street and the sell adult beverages late night! Pool is OK but neighboring apartments are close by.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Fan –

Your comments are wonderful!
We love when our guests describe the hotel and the service the way you have done – it motivate us!
You are very kind to point out what is around our hotel and the service provided by the bilingual staff –
We will be looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!
I will share your comments with the team!

Thank you!!!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

After trying repeatedly to reach the front desk on our recent overnight stay, I remarked to my husband, "I wonder what someone would do if they had an emergency?" Even after waiting fifteen minutes and trying again...nothing!
i found, also, that the alarm clocks are almost maddeningly difficult to use!
Our bathroom had a large chip km the tub's finish ...near the drain...a wonderful breeding ground for bacteria, I would imagine.
Additionally, although the room was supposedly a non-smoking one, the sofa had a distinct and lingering smell of old smoke. My asthma flared up...proving that my suspicion was correct.
All in all, despite the fact that I am a loyal Hampton Inn guest...this is one time I would recommend staying at the
Marriott down the road...if I need to visit that area again, you can be sure I will!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor guest –

Thank you for your honest review – we understand that you have a choice of accommodation when you decide to come to the Dadeland area –And we are so thankful that you decided to stay with us – Unfortunately it seems that we did not achieve your complete satisfaction – I am very sorry to hear that you tried to call the desk and nothing happened – I was doing a research on this and it turns out that our Guest Service Agent was helping 4 senior guests check-in into our hotel for a long stay and they had a total of 12 bags with them – our Team member helped them settle into their room and helped them while our Driver was picking up more guests at the airport – definitely not the best way to keep things under control because we could not talk to you when you required assistance, and this is disappointing! However, your comment will help me put things in perspective to the team and we will find a way to avoid having similar challenges in the future – I will share your comments in this week’s manager’s meeting!
May I ask you to call me? I would like to discuss ways I can retain your loyalty – I am going to personally make sure you’ll love staying here again!
Brookfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stay at this hotel whenever we visit South Miami mainly because it is close to family. It is also close to Dadeland and shopping. Rooms are comfortable and reasonably priced for the area. Beds are exceptional. Service is very good. Also has an outdoor pool and a workout room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer -

We are so please to hear that you had a great stay with us! And that you come to this hotel mainly due to family - this is great! We love family and our guests that stay with us are considered family - Your loyalty is our greatest reward! Please come back and visit us soon!
Your Home away from Home!

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!