“Hot Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Hot Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great, bilingual staff. Take care of all the little things. A little out of the way, but close to many nice restaurants and a nice mall. Target just across the street and the sell adult beverages late night! Pool is OK but neighboring apartments are close by.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Fan –

Your comments are wonderful!
We love when our guests describe the hotel and the service the way you have done – it motivate us!
You are very kind to point out what is around our hotel and the service provided by the bilingual staff –
We will be looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!
I will share your comments with the team!

Thank you!!!!

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

After trying repeatedly to reach the front desk on our recent overnight stay, I remarked to my husband, "I wonder what someone would do if they had an emergency?" Even after waiting fifteen minutes and trying again...nothing!
i found, also, that the alarm clocks are almost maddeningly difficult to use!
Our bathroom had a large chip km the tub's finish ...near the drain...a wonderful breeding ground for bacteria, I would imagine.
Additionally, although the room was supposedly a non-smoking one, the sofa had a distinct and lingering smell of old smoke. My asthma flared up...proving that my suspicion was correct.
All in all, despite the fact that I am a loyal Hampton Inn guest...this is one time I would recommend staying at the
Marriott down the road...if I need to visit that area again, you can be sure I will!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor guest –

Thank you for your honest review – we understand that you have a choice of accommodation when you decide to come to the Dadeland area –And we are so thankful that you decided to stay with us – Unfortunately it seems that we did not achieve your complete satisfaction – I am very sorry to hear that you tried to call the desk and nothing happened – I was doing a research on this and it turns out that our Guest Service Agent was helping 4 senior guests check-in into our hotel for a long stay and they had a total of 12 bags with them – our Team member helped them settle into their room and helped them while our Driver was picking up more guests at the airport – definitely not the best way to keep things under control because we could not talk to you when you required assistance, and this is disappointing! However, your comment will help me put things in perspective to the team and we will find a way to avoid having similar challenges in the future – I will share your comments in this week’s manager’s meeting!
May I ask you to call me? I would like to discuss ways I can retain your loyalty – I am going to personally make sure you’ll love staying here again!
Brookfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stay at this hotel whenever we visit South Miami mainly because it is close to family. It is also close to Dadeland and shopping. Rooms are comfortable and reasonably priced for the area. Beds are exceptional. Service is very good. Also has an outdoor pool and a workout room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer -

We are so please to hear that you had a great stay with us! And that you come to this hotel mainly due to family - this is great! We love family and our guests that stay with us are considered family - Your loyalty is our greatest reward! Please come back and visit us soon!
Your Home away from Home!
Not applicable
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pre-cruise stay at the Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland

I booked the Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland for a pre-cruise two night stay in order to get some shopping done prior to the cruise. The location is great as it is within walking distance to a Target and to Dadeland Mall. I believe the hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle but we had a rental car (free parking on site at the hotel). Also in close proximity is a Walgreens (to pickup essential cruise toiletries and medication). There is a hotel shuttle to Port of Miami which is $15 per room and was on time. You should book the shuttle at least the day before.
We booked a room with a king bed and a pull out sofa bed which accommodated two adults and two children very comfortably. Check in (after 3pm) was efficient. In the room was a complimentary bottle of water and two chocolates. The room décor is not new, a little dated and could use some upgrading. The bathroom has a shower head which is not adjustable. There is also a coffeemaker in the bathroom and a hairdryer. Amenities include shampoo, conditioner and lotion and there was a sign indicating that you could request forgotten items, like toothpaste, at the front desk.
Breakfast is included in the room rate, which includes breads, muffins, eggs, sausage, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals and make your own waffles. Also useful is the on-the-go bag, which is available from 6:30 to 8am. There is a pool, fitness centre and business centre (which I did not utilize.) Wireless is free also and seemed to work better during the early hours in the morning. Please note that this hotel has no guest laundry facilities.
The front desk staff (both were men) were very helpful and accommodating. At all times the hotel and eating areas were kept clean.
There are lots of places for eating nearby. We had a car but within walking distance is the fast food in Target, an asian café in Dadeland Station and all the eateries in Dadeland Mall. My recommendations would be Burger King (fast food), Captain’s Tavern, Kyojin Japanese Buffet, Cheesecake Factory (Dadeland Mall). I wanted to try Shortys Ribs but did not on this trip.
Overall, the two night stay was comfortable and without complaint. This is an excellent location for persons with limited time to be able to get shopping done and visiting mid-priced restaurants within a close radius for a pre-cruise stay. Excellent value for money.
If you are more interested in exploring Miami then I would recommend one of the Port of Miami hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvsior Fan -

Thank you!!!! on behalf of the staff we would like you know that we are very thankful of having such great guests like you - we are delighted to hear you describe our hotel so well - I am pleased that you chose our hotel for your PRE Port of Miami transfer - This is something we take very seriously and we understand how important it is to be always on time!
we appreciate your taking the time to write about the staff's service and overall Hotel accommodations - We sincerely hope we have the privilege to serving you again in the future -
Safe Travels!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Hampton Inn is an older hotel, but the staff keep it immaculate. Their wifi works great, the free breakfast is a time and money saver.

They also offer shuttle service to the airport and the cruise dock. If you are coming in the night before a cruise and want an excellent place to stay that won't kill your budget, I strongly recommend this hotel.

We'd stay here again if we visit the Miami area and don't require a resort.

I'd also like to give kudo's to their chief night auditor, Christian Rodriguez. He bent over backward to make us feel welcome and wanted.

Room Tip: This hotel sometimes offers discounts to those paying in full 30 days in advance. The hotel does no...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Fan -

We love to hear what our guests have to say about our hotel and staff -

We thank you for taking the time to write your feedback!

I am excited to share that this hotel will undergo a major renovation starting in spring 2013!

I guarantee you will not recognize our hotel when we are finish with it!

I will make sure to congratulate our Chief Night Auditor Christian for his attention to detail and for making you feel welcomed! This is what we do!

Please come back soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got sick from a mold smell in the room. Entire carpet was damp. We should have realized it when the smell of deodorant nearly knocked us out when we opened the room door. Some of the staff super rude. Old man on staff in parking lot interrupted conversation with my wife and lectured us on how to unload two overnight bags from the trunk of my car. No introductions or pleasantries; just orders issued as if we were in the Army. At first I thought he was some hobo off the street or beggar. Staff did not give us the room we reserved. Hotel was noisy. Bathroom not clean. Water pressure weak. Staff nearby walked over us during breakfast. Save yourselves the drama and pick another hotel. Actually Motel 6 would be a step up.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. A Motel 6 would be an improvement.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor reviewer -

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences at our Hampton Hotel is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of all our employees against high service and quality standards. In our mission to be the first choice of the travelers that come to the South Miami area, it is the feedback from our guests that enable us to continually improve and exceed those standards. You can be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed.

We value your patronage – we want you as our guest! Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

In that you were not satisfied with our services – I have refunded your credit card per our uncoditional 100% Satisfaction standard – it is never about the money, it is always about your loyalty!

Carlos Colloca
General Manager -
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Jan 2013 was our 3rd stay at this property. We are Seniors who drive over from FL west coast to see a U of M basketball game. Stay just one night... This Hampton always seems rather full, but that does not lower the quality of service. The rooms are quiet &, super clean, The beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is very nice and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We will continue to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello there Tripavisor loyal! UM basketball fans!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel - I love that you point out that we are "always busy but the quality of service never goes down" this is a wonderful perception , you mentioned that our rooms are "super clean" and staff is "extremely friendly" this is grrrrrreeat!!!! we wish you Safe Travels and come back soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!