“Great Value and Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

10% off for AAA members
Ranked #18 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Value and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Hampton Inn is an older hotel, but the staff keep it immaculate. Their wifi works great, the free breakfast is a time and money saver.

They also offer shuttle service to the airport and the cruise dock. If you are coming in the night before a cruise and want an excellent place to stay that won't kill your budget, I strongly recommend this hotel.

We'd stay here again if we visit the Miami area and don't require a resort.

I'd also like to give kudo's to their chief night auditor, Christian Rodriguez. He bent over backward to make us feel welcome and wanted.

Room Tip: This hotel sometimes offers discounts to those paying in full 30 days in advance. The hotel does no...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Fan -

We love to hear what our guests have to say about our hotel and staff -

We thank you for taking the time to write your feedback!

I am excited to share that this hotel will undergo a major renovation starting in spring 2013!

I guarantee you will not recognize our hotel when we are finish with it!

I will make sure to congratulate our Chief Night Auditor Christian for his attention to detail and for making you feel welcomed! This is what we do!

Please come back soon!

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got sick from a mold smell in the room. Entire carpet was damp. We should have realized it when the smell of deodorant nearly knocked us out when we opened the room door. Some of the staff super rude. Old man on staff in parking lot interrupted conversation with my wife and lectured us on how to unload two overnight bags from the trunk of my car. No introductions or pleasantries; just orders issued as if we were in the Army. At first I thought he was some hobo off the street or beggar. Staff did not give us the room we reserved. Hotel was noisy. Bathroom not clean. Water pressure weak. Staff nearby walked over us during breakfast. Save yourselves the drama and pick another hotel. Actually Motel 6 would be a step up.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. A Motel 6 would be an improvement.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor reviewer -

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences at our Hampton Hotel is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of all our employees against high service and quality standards. In our mission to be the first choice of the travelers that come to the South Miami area, it is the feedback from our guests that enable us to continually improve and exceed those standards. You can be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed.

We value your patronage – we want you as our guest! Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

In that you were not satisfied with our services – I have refunded your credit card per our uncoditional 100% Satisfaction standard – it is never about the money, it is always about your loyalty!

Carlos Colloca
General Manager -
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Jan 2013 was our 3rd stay at this property. We are Seniors who drive over from FL west coast to see a U of M basketball game. Stay just one night... This Hampton always seems rather full, but that does not lower the quality of service. The rooms are quiet &, super clean, The beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is very nice and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We will continue to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello there Tripavisor loyal! UM basketball fans!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel - I love that you point out that we are "always busy but the quality of service never goes down" this is a wonderful perception , you mentioned that our rooms are "super clean" and staff is "extremely friendly" this is grrrrrreeat!!!! we wish you Safe Travels and come back soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Rooms are great, set up with internet and nice tv's. This is the first review I've ever taken the time to write, but the staff performed so much above my expectations that I had to give it an "Excellent"

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

This is the very first time you write a review??? this is absolutely wonderful!
I will share your feedback with my team in this week's manager's meeting!
This is the way we want our guests to feel when they come to our hotel!
We honor your business and we will work hard to earn your loyalty!

Come back soon!
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hampton Inns are always good and the Miami Dadeland is very good. The room was clean, comfortable, and QUIET!! The walls are either soundproof or we had very quiet neighbors. The breakfast was excellent. Good food and plenty of it. All the staff was great--friendly and efficient. We chose the Miami Dadeland because we wanted a top quality hotel with easy access to the major highways because we were going to travel to Key West, South Beach, etc. Two major highways are within 5 minutes away. The Dadeland Mall is an easy walk away but the nice thing about the Mall is that is easy to find, and if you are looking for your hotel, just follow the signs to the Mall. THE HOTEL WAS EXCELLENT. THIS IS TO HELP MY FELLOW TRAVELORS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO PUT IT. Speaking of signs, they are bad in Miami. We rented a car and it was always a challenge to drive in Miami. I expected the signs for the big toll roads to be equal to the Interstate signs. They are not. They often give the road number and not the name. Coming out of the airport rental center there were at least ten cars along the side of the road with their drivers trying to figure out where to go. I almost got lost. I was looking for the "Dolphin Expressway" and that name did not appear on any sign. The number "836" was there but that didn't mean anything to me (or the ten other drivers who were lost). Traffic is BAD in Miami--worse than Los Angeles, Houston, Washington D.C. or New York. I highly recommend buying a portable GPS or renting one from your rental agency. Oh did I forget to tell you that the toll roads in Miami don't accept cash. You have to have a Sunpass (like an E-Z pass) or pay an extra fee to your rental car agency. To their credit, the signs leading you back to the airport rental car center were very easy to follow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
This is a wonderful comment from a wonderful tripadvisor contributor!

I am delighted to read your review! Particularly the part where you tell all your fellow travelers that the "hotel was excellent"

Staff friendly and efficient? this is our key of success! Thank you for recognizing that!

in anticipation of your return, we want you here again!
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We've stayed here a number of times over the years as we live in NJ and my parents live near by. We love the location - near shopping, restaurants and easy to get to South Miami, Coral Gables and even South Beach.

The staff is friendly and the rooms recently had nice upgrades added: new, comfy mattresses, HD flatscreen TVs etc. The rooms are clean and the two things we love: strong water pressure in the shower and easy-to-control room temperature exceeded our expectations!

We recommend this place!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good choices!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you are a loyal guest and that you've been coming for years! This is great!

I love the way you describe our new upgrades! This is fantastic! Water pressure and easy to control temperature exceeded your expectations? We couldn’t be happier!

Thank you for recommending this hotel to other travelers!! !

Please come back soon!
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were 3 families from Finland (12 people), and we stayed 30.12.2012-4.1.2013 in the hotel. We can absolutely recommend this hotel, it was nice, clean, and the staff was just great (and that includes reception, room attendants, "breakfast people", everybody. My son who is 8 yrs old said home that mom, I want you to write to the hotel and tell them that I enjoyed to stay there, and one big reason was the staff :) We had one 8 yrs and one 12 yrs boys with us, and I have to say it was great to see how patient everybody were with these guys!
Great thing was also that you can take a train to downtown, the station is right next to the hotel. Also there is Target and few other shops, and of course a big Dadeland mall only few minutes away.
One tip is that thre are few fridges in the hotel, if you want one, write straight to the hotel, and you might get it. Same thing goes with the roll away beds. If I have to say one negative thing it is the size of the beds...Normally in USA 2 people sleep easily in doublebeds, but not in these ones. These beds were little narrower than normally (or at least I think so!), so we had to ask one roll away bed, even thou we were 2 kids and 2 adults in the room.
Also the gym, pool, lobby, it was nice and clean, and the wi-fi worked well. I would definately stay here again, and I can recommend this place for everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
What a wonderful review!

We did it!

This is the way we want all of our best guests to feel when they come to our hotel!

I love the way you describe our hotel!

i will share your comments with my team in this week's manager's meeting -

Thank you for sharing and please come back soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!