“Hotel needs a refresh ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 20% This Summer!
Ranked #56 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Reading, United Kingdom
“Hotel needs a refresh ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Overall disappointed because of the actual room itself (Otherwise hotel is fine).
The hotel is in a good location by the sea, the staff were polite and friendly, no issues with service etc.
The rooms are tired, dated, furniture and fittings are not particularly nice and there was an unpleasant musty smell.
Basically Marriott just need to bite the bullet and invest money to refresh the rooms asap!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Walter A, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Mr. Paul-ps01,
Please accept my sincere apology for your poor experience here at our hotel. My team and I strive to insure every guest leaves satisfied and we fell short with your stay. I appreciate you providing me with this invaluable feedback and appreciate your kind words regarding my team. I will be sure to share your comments with my team members during our daily meetings. I sincerely hope that we may be of service to you in the future and hope we will see you again soon.
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I chose to stay here for one night (13 Dec 2014) as we had just returned to the USA from using a timeshare week in St. Maarten and wanted a nice place in Coconut Grove. This hotel is ideally located in a gorgeous, predominantly residential high-rise neighborhood and is within easy walking distance from several nice restaurants. Our room has a nice balcony facing Bayshore Drive. We loved being able to open the door onto the balcony and enjoy the fresh air on the beautiful afternoon that we were there. Our room is nicely furnished in a vibrant theme. We enjoyed breakfast in the Bistro on the ground floor the next morning. Valet parking is essential since this place is in a compact, crowded area; the attendants with whom we dealt were excellent. Amid so many very expensive hotels in this part of Miami, this hotel is a great choice if you want to stay in a premium location and not spend a fortune. We would most definitely choose to stay here when visiting Miami.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Walter A, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Volcam,
Being located in the heart of Coconut Grove and all that it has to offer it great to see you were able to experience the Grove to the fullest. My team and I are glad to see that you had a very enjoyable stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and my team members, I will be sure to share your comments with all of the team during our daily meetings. We sincerely hope to see you upon your soon return.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to the Miami Open on Key Biscayne. wanted an affordable hotel, with breakfast and close to the Tennis Venue. We could walk to some great restaurants in Coconut Grove, and enjoyed a quick ride to match.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear mrichardm,
My team and I are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the tennis event. I will be sure to share your kind words with my entire team during our daily stand up meetings. Being in the heart of Coconut Grove our location offers a great opportunity to enjoy everything the Grove has to experience. It is nice to see that you were able to experience and enjoy the area. We look forward to your soon return.
Pittsfield, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We needed a place to stay prior to sailing out on a cruise. This hotel was conveniently near the port. We strolled to the local shopping hub and took in some sights. Staff was courteous and professional. Rooms were very comfortable and nicely appointed. We grabbed a quick breakfast downstairs in the morning and wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Walter A, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Riverwood521,
My team and I are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some of wonderful things Coconut Grove has to offer. I appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and my team members and will be sure to share them with my team during our daily stand up meetings. We sincerely hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

Upon our arrival to the hotel, me and my husband were told that we would either have to pay $30 a night to valet our car or park in the street where you pay the city to park. There was hardly any water pressure and the air conditioner didn't work well at all. The cafe was over-priced and the food tasted like it was microwaved. Very disappointed and will not be staying at a Marriott hotel ever again.

Stayed April 2015
Dear Shelby T.
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You for supplying me with this invaluable feedback. Due to the fact that we are located in the heart of the Coconut Grove allowing you to experience everything the Grove has to offer parking is limited. We do offer Valet service and are currently lower then all of our competitors in the local area. We do also offer limited street parking. I sincerely apologize for the air conditioner issue you mentioned and will make my team aware of this. We sincerely hope that when you are in the Miami / Coconut Grove area again we may have the opportunity to be of service to you.
Virgin Gorda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

This was my 1st time ever experiencing a Miami getaway for the very first time. I was very lucky in winning a paid 2 nights getting away at the Marriott in coconut grove. On arrival I was warmly greeted my staff of the hotel. Messiel & her coworker was very helpful and made me feel at home right away. I ask for a true Miami experience as it's my first time and with that being ask I was instantly upgraded 3 rooms up landing at 1412 and the view was an experience.

Overall I'll be back and will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

Thank you Mis.Lembert for your wonderful service and making me feel welcome.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Walter A, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
Dear RealGumption,
Congratulations on winning a two night stay with us and getting to experience everything Miami and Coconut Grove area have to offer. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and one of my team members, I will be sure to share your kind words with her. My team and I are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel and we hope that we will see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

This hotel is very nice, with a modern aspect. The pool is outstanding, and the location is great too. It is only about a 5-10 minute walk to the heart of Coconut Grove, where there are many restaurants and shops. It is across the street from the bay, which is neat to walk around. We booked a "City View" room and were upgraded to a "Bay View" for no extra charge. The rooms were spacious with 2 beds, a bathroom, and a family room with a pullout couch. Service was outstanding, and the lady working at the front desk was very friendly. All in all great value and a great stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Walter A, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
Dear Mr. Grant N.
We are delighted to see that you had a great visit with us and were able to experience everything the Grove has to offer. With all the sunny days we experience here in South Florida it's great that you were able to enjoy the spectacular view from your room, nearby shopping and our infinity pool during your visit with us. We look forward to your soon return.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!