“be aware” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Warsaw
“be aware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Hotel is nice and clean. At first sight it looks perfect, but you need to know that this hotel has no room service room service It seems strange to me at this price.
Hotel reception stuff is not friendly or nice. If you have anything else then regular checkin/checkout - don't bother asking. No help what-so-ever.
Rooms are very nice. Clean, new, great condition.
Location is also nice.
I would rather not stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are in the process of replacing our elevators one at a time, which may occassionally cause a delay. We do hope you will be able to visit us in the Grove again so we can create a more positive experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

the hotel is very basic, rooms are still better but the toilets are very small.
Elevators are the biggest disappointment, as you have wait each time for 10-12 mins to move within the hotel.

the only advantage is the distance from the airport and the nearby area where you can find good restaurants.

over all the stay was very average including food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are currently upgrading our elevators, which can resut in a delay from time to time. We hope you will be able to come back to visit us soon so you can see the improvements the hotel has made!
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed at this Marriott over Father's Day and our visit had a great beginning - when we checked in and Sergio and Manny offered us an upgrade to a very spacious room with a fantastic view of Biscayne Bay and the picturesque Grove marinas. Our room featured a bath with double vanity and bidet. There was a wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, safe, ironing board, iron and other ammenities. The terrace with two chairs provided a pretty view to enjoy an apertif and the views. Beds were comfortable, pillows, too. Towels white and fluffy. The hotel is in an excellent location - just across the street from Scotty's - an inexpensive waterfront bar and casual restaurant. Also across the street is a great Fresh Market with great coffee and scones. There is a Starbucks in the hotel lobby for breakfast, and a bar. The hotel lobby offers a self-service type of "convenience store" with some food stuffs, wines and travel necessities you may have forgotten. You can walk into the historic downtown area of Cocoanut Grove. Beyond that, I feel you need a car to get around town. You are an easy drive into beautiful Coral Gables, the Downtown Miami business district and it'l lively bar/restaurant scene and Miami Beach. I Iook forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experiences. When we have availability, we enjoy upgrading our guests so they can really experience what the hotel has to offer! We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Coconut Grove and hope you are able to return soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here on business and enjoyed my stay. Had a large room that was well appointed. The place was clean and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Had a great view from my balcony and this place is just across the street from the water. There are restaurants that are within easy walking distance. Worth looking into for a room that has good value and still close enough to go downtown Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back soon!
Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was an old apartment or condo building that was converted into a hotel. The room I had was on the 9th floor and consisted of a narrow entryway, a small closet, a smaller bathroom, and a bedroom. The view was of a parking deck and a parking deck. There was a small balcony that overlooked the ally where the dumpster was located. The pool was good as was the outdoor seating area. Unfortunately, the pool towels were kept in the outdoor eating area instead of the pool area. Also the water was very heavily chlorinated so you need to wear swimming goggles or close your eyes. Parking is another issue. You can park on the street for about $6 per day, but good luck finding any. The hotel charges $24 per day for valet parking. The Ritz-Carlton is just down the street so if you can get a good rate stay there; not here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Unfortunately, street parking is controlled by the city and costs $1.50 per hour. I will share your comments with the team regarding the pool. We hope to see you back in the Grove soon.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My daughter and I recently went on a cruise out of Miami. We stayed at the Marriot Courtyard in Coconut Grove the day before our cruise left. I have stayed at other Marriot hotels and have never had any problems with any of their locations before. The one positive was that I got a good rate through AAA, but it still wasn't inexpensive. I couldn't believe how small the room was # 1...we didn't even have room to open up our suitcases...annoying, but we could deal with this. My biggest problem was the dirty, stained bottom sheet I found on the bed when I was turning down the bed that evening. I called room service and asked if someone from housekeeping could bring clean sheets. To my surprise, they brought up clean sheets alright...they handed them to me at the door and left. My daughter helped me make the bed with the clean King sheets the valet guy brought up...we had 2 double beds in our room!..I doubt I will be staying at this particular hotel again..Not a great way to begin a vacation

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We recently replaced out entire bedding package and I will ensure we discard any linen that is not up to standards. We hope you will be able to visit us again in the future so we can better meet your expectations and provide a wonderful experience.

Thank you.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night at the end of a weeks vacation and wish we could have stayed here longer. Upon check in we were offered an upgrade to a bay view room at no charge for being a Silver Elite Marriott Rewards member; the room was not quite ready but the valet held our bags while we waited. The room was fairly large and had a nice balcony overlooking Biscayne Bay and the marina. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to Coconut Grove area which has plenty to do. Parking is valet only but I found the service to be very prompt and courteous. I will certainly make this hotel a part of my plans the next time I visit Miami

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your exeriences. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back in the Grove very soon!

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!