“Good hotel but not much around it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Vancouver, Canada
“Good hotel but not much around it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We only spent one night here and although the hotel itself was nice, there really wasn't much around the area within walking distance.

The staff were unbelievably helpful! We arrived after our cruise and were allowed to check in early and were upgraded from a room to a suite which was much appreciated :) The room was spacious beyond belief which is great with kids. The staff also helped us figure out local transit and were just all around helpful. Loved the staff there!

The pool was beautiful!! The kids were in it for HOURS. The only downfall at the time we were there was that the building next door was being refurbished so it was quite loud, but that didn't stop the kids! A good bar for the adults would be nice though ;)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thanks so much for the great feedback. I'm happy the staff was able to deliver a great experience for you and the family. The construction next door has definitely been an issue but I'm told the noisy part is over now. We look forward to your return to the Grove!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Loved this place! We got our stay with a free night from the Marriott credit card. Great level 4 reward hotel. We were upgraded to a suite without asking and had the most amazing view and balcony. Super service- very helpful and accommodating and even let us swim in the pool after it was closed (I think they knew we would be quiet).

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback and I'm glad the you had such a great experience. The staff works hard to deliver great service and I'm glad we achieved that for you!
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location, and I felt completely safe walking around at night. Expensive for what it is. No whirlpool. Free internet. Parking is $24 a night, but bell hoops were friendly.client good restaurants, especially Montys For seafood and happy wine for tapas and wine.

• Stayed March 2014
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Good Day and thank you for your comment. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at our Hotel and enjoyed the area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,
Thomas Langone
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent two nights here with my wife, we both loved it and because I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member they gave us an upgrade to a super lovely sweet suite. The room was excellent ( I should have taken pictures), it had two balconies, the staff really treated us well. They person who checked us into our rooms was outstanding, professional and was really on point, the valet people were nice no long waits for the car. The hotel is very close to great places to eat, perfect spot if you want to get off the beaten path of south beach yet close enough that if you want to drop by south beach that you can still have your fun. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: get the suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely comments regarding your recent stay. We take great pride in delivering excellent service to our guests and I'm so proud of the team for doing such a great job.

Thank you for being a Rewards Member also. We value and appreciate the loyalty!

We look forward to seeing you again in the Grove!
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I spent there one night when I missed my other flight. It is nice hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are spacious. My room consisted of an anteroom and bedroom where were two huge beds, table and tv.In anteroom there was a couch and entrance to bathroom. Room was equipped with iron, ironing board, hairdryer and TV. It is close to the airport by a taxi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We're working hard to ensure each guest has an outstanding experience. Hopefully, you can come back and visit us again soon here in the Grove.
Boston area, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Coconut Grove for a couple of nights. I came a day early for a one-day meeting to avoid a Northeastern snow storm. So, I spent the first day working at the hotel. The staff was generally accommodating.

However, they were cleaning the carpets that week and I discovered that after going to the gym, the hall carpet on my floor was being cleaned and the carpet in my room was wet (and despite the memo sent to guests) remained wet for over 24 hours. Didn't love the smell.

Moreover, there was a failure of the internet in this period. I couldn't always get on and didn't stay connected. At one point they told me that the problem was fixed. Then, it turned out it wasn't. The manager told me that they were dumping their provider iBahn, but that didn't help me. As someone who was there to work, lack of internet is a problem.

There is a restaurant/bar that serves Starbucks and a limited array of offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are places to eat, though there is always loud music playing. Plus, a group from a company was staying and you'd have a couple of busfuls of people walk through from the pool to the lobby. The staff was generally cheerful and the gym was pretty good. But, based upon this experience, I will try elsewhere when I next visit my client.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for your feedback. We did experience internet issues previously and I'm happy to report that we completed our infrastructure upgrade and now have all new 5G points throughout the hotel. Additionally, this month we are going live with a full 100mb of bandwidth, versus the 20mb we had previously.

I also wanted to apologize for the carpet issue. We definitely had issues with wet carpets. Hopefully you'll return again and give us a chance to improve upon your experience.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Quiet area, older building but updated.
It is located in a somewhat residential street in Coconut Grove.
Located across the street from the water & marina so you have The Chart House (upscale $$$) or Scotty's Landing ($ casual) available to eat within walking distance.
There is also a fancy "high price" supermarket across the street.
A casual 10 minute scenic walk to Coco Walk the outdoor pedestrian Mall and Movie theater for more food or entertainment options.
Consider checking hotel bill, for some reason the valet seem to double bill cars by accident...Oddly it has happened more than once to me and each time no apology has been offered by the front desk after it was presented for correction.

Room Tip: Ask fir room with water view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. We're working hard to ensure billing issues will be avoided and I'll pass along your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to your return to the Grove.

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!