“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #72 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chicago
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location, and I felt completely safe walking around at night. Expensive for what it is. No whirlpool. Free internet. Parking is $24 a night, but bell hoops were friendly.client good restaurants, especially Montys For seafood and happy wine for tapas and wine.

• Stayed March 2014
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Good Day and thank you for your comment. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at our Hotel and enjoyed the area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,
Thomas Langone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent two nights here with my wife, we both loved it and because I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member they gave us an upgrade to a super lovely sweet suite. The room was excellent ( I should have taken pictures), it had two balconies, the staff really treated us well. They person who checked us into our rooms was outstanding, professional and was really on point, the valet people were nice no long waits for the car. The hotel is very close to great places to eat, perfect spot if you want to get off the beaten path of south beach yet close enough that if you want to drop by south beach that you can still have your fun. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: get the suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely comments regarding your recent stay. We take great pride in delivering excellent service to our guests and I'm so proud of the team for doing such a great job.

Thank you for being a Rewards Member also. We value and appreciate the loyalty!

We look forward to seeing you again in the Grove!
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I spent there one night when I missed my other flight. It is nice hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are spacious. My room consisted of an anteroom and bedroom where were two huge beds, table and tv.In anteroom there was a couch and entrance to bathroom. Room was equipped with iron, ironing board, hairdryer and TV. It is close to the airport by a taxi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We're working hard to ensure each guest has an outstanding experience. Hopefully, you can come back and visit us again soon here in the Grove.
Boston area, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Coconut Grove for a couple of nights. I came a day early for a one-day meeting to avoid a Northeastern snow storm. So, I spent the first day working at the hotel. The staff was generally accommodating.

However, they were cleaning the carpets that week and I discovered that after going to the gym, the hall carpet on my floor was being cleaned and the carpet in my room was wet (and despite the memo sent to guests) remained wet for over 24 hours. Didn't love the smell.

Moreover, there was a failure of the internet in this period. I couldn't always get on and didn't stay connected. At one point they told me that the problem was fixed. Then, it turned out it wasn't. The manager told me that they were dumping their provider iBahn, but that didn't help me. As someone who was there to work, lack of internet is a problem.

There is a restaurant/bar that serves Starbucks and a limited array of offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are places to eat, though there is always loud music playing. Plus, a group from a company was staying and you'd have a couple of busfuls of people walk through from the pool to the lobby. The staff was generally cheerful and the gym was pretty good. But, based upon this experience, I will try elsewhere when I next visit my client.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for your feedback. We did experience internet issues previously and I'm happy to report that we completed our infrastructure upgrade and now have all new 5G points throughout the hotel. Additionally, this month we are going live with a full 100mb of bandwidth, versus the 20mb we had previously.

I also wanted to apologize for the carpet issue. We definitely had issues with wet carpets. Hopefully you'll return again and give us a chance to improve upon your experience.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Quiet area, older building but updated.
It is located in a somewhat residential street in Coconut Grove.
Located across the street from the water & marina so you have The Chart House (upscale $$$) or Scotty's Landing ($ casual) available to eat within walking distance.
There is also a fancy "high price" supermarket across the street.
A casual 10 minute scenic walk to Coco Walk the outdoor pedestrian Mall and Movie theater for more food or entertainment options.
Consider checking hotel bill, for some reason the valet seem to double bill cars by accident...Oddly it has happened more than once to me and each time no apology has been offered by the front desk after it was presented for correction.

Room Tip: Ask fir room with water view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. We're working hard to ensure billing issues will be avoided and I'll pass along your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to your return to the Grove.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

As other reviewers have said this is a somewhat tired hotel building , not far from the waterfront and marina but it does not stand out among the crowd .. except .. the service I received from staff member Milvia to find and return to me in Europe some for the papers I had forgotten in my room after a 3 night stay there was amazing . Individuals who care about the customer really make a difference and she ' went the extra mile ' . Other staff were friendly and helpful also . The rooms could do with some attention however .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positve feedback and for your comments regarding Milvia. I know she worked hard to coordinate that and I'll pass along the compliment. We look forward to seeing you in the Grove again!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Planning to meet up with my boyfriend in Miami after he finished a meeting that took place at the Courtyard Coconut Grove, I had no reason to look elsewhere to book the one-night that I needed since he was already there. I had a gut feeling to keep an eye on the prices though, and I was glad I did- 2 nights before check-in my AAA rate dropped $30, so I cancelled and re-booked under that rate utilizing their generous cancellation policy. Upon arrival, we realized there were plenty of open parking meters and since I arrived in the evening and had planned to leave around 9am, the meters were more cost effective than valet. It seemed like a pretty safe area so we didn't have any issue with the car being on the street. The area did turn out to be very nice, with an open park across the street that looked out into the bay and the marina. It seemed to be a family/pet friendly area and we enjoyed walking around a bit. When I checked-in, the staff was very courteous and I overheard them helping someone in front of me who did not have a reservation- and they immediately were able to find him a room. They held my boyfriend's luggage at the front desk all day before I was able to check into the new room, and because he had already been there for 3 nights, I was pre-warned about the slow elevators (as can be noted from many other reviews). If you're on a schedule, I understand why that is frustrating- luckily I wasn't. Our room was nice, it was clean and had everything we expected- although it was on the small side. Some rooms offer balconies, ours did not, and we were on a high floor as well. I wasn't there long enough to really take advantage of what the hotel offered, but I was incredibly excited to see Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom! I called the front desk to ask if it would be possible to get more and they offered to bring it up- but since we were leaving for dinner, I swung by the desk on our way back... tea tree lotion! The only surprise that I had was that there wasn't a vent or fan in the bathroom to turn on while the shower was on. For the purposes of this trip, staying longer in Coconut Grove didn't make sense, but if I find myself in that area again- I'd have no reason not to return or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the review. We do our best to ensure each stay is a great experience and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in The Grove.

Also, thank you for the great feedback on the Staff. We're proud of the effort we give to take care of each guest and I'm glad your experience was so positive.

Regarding the elevators, I'm happy to report that all three will be replaced this year. It's a large project but we're looking forward to it.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the Grove

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!