“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Planning to meet up with my boyfriend in Miami after he finished a meeting that took place at the Courtyard Coconut Grove, I had no reason to look elsewhere to book the one-night that I needed since he was already there. I had a gut feeling to keep an eye on the prices though, and I was glad I did- 2 nights before check-in my AAA rate dropped $30, so I cancelled and re-booked under that rate utilizing their generous cancellation policy. Upon arrival, we realized there were plenty of open parking meters and since I arrived in the evening and had planned to leave around 9am, the meters were more cost effective than valet. It seemed like a pretty safe area so we didn't have any issue with the car being on the street. The area did turn out to be very nice, with an open park across the street that looked out into the bay and the marina. It seemed to be a family/pet friendly area and we enjoyed walking around a bit. When I checked-in, the staff was very courteous and I overheard them helping someone in front of me who did not have a reservation- and they immediately were able to find him a room. They held my boyfriend's luggage at the front desk all day before I was able to check into the new room, and because he had already been there for 3 nights, I was pre-warned about the slow elevators (as can be noted from many other reviews). If you're on a schedule, I understand why that is frustrating- luckily I wasn't. Our room was nice, it was clean and had everything we expected- although it was on the small side. Some rooms offer balconies, ours did not, and we were on a high floor as well. I wasn't there long enough to really take advantage of what the hotel offered, but I was incredibly excited to see Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom! I called the front desk to ask if it would be possible to get more and they offered to bring it up- but since we were leaving for dinner, I swung by the desk on our way back... tea tree lotion! The only surprise that I had was that there wasn't a vent or fan in the bathroom to turn on while the shower was on. For the purposes of this trip, staying longer in Coconut Grove didn't make sense, but if I find myself in that area again- I'd have no reason not to return or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the review. We do our best to ensure each stay is a great experience and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in The Grove.

Also, thank you for the great feedback on the Staff. We're proud of the effort we give to take care of each guest and I'm glad your experience was so positive.

Regarding the elevators, I'm happy to report that all three will be replaced this year. It's a large project but we're looking forward to it.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the Grove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights and was really surprised by so many bad experiences : location is quite bad as it is far from everything and getting a taxi is a problem (waiting time up to 30 minutes). The elevators are completely out of their mind : you have to wait long time before getting one and when you finally have one, it decides to go up instead of going down as requested.
Breakfast is at "The Bistro" that is not more than a Starbucks coffee : 12 USD for a capuccino, a bottled orange juice and a yoghurt..... But I have to say that the staff is very nice but they really struggle to make you feel fine in this environment. Sure that I will not stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry your experience was what you expected. And I do appreciate your positive feedback on the hotel staff. They are working hard to ensure your experience is a great one.

Regarding the Bistro, in fact it does offer a full range of food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, ranging from eggs cooked to order with home fries, bacon and toast and a variety of breakfast sandwich options, to a variety of sandwiches, ribs, delicious salads and my favorites, the flatbreads. I'll share the feedback with my staff so that we all do a better job of updating our guests on their dining options at the Bistro.

Also, I understand that we are not "beach-adjacent", however, we are proud to be located in the Heart of Coconut Grove, a lovely area with may options for dining and entertainment.

I hope you do give us another chance to improve on your first experience.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

There is a small open air mall not to far from the hotel there is food and shopping. Across the street near the marina there is food and there is a nice park across the street the location is very nice. The cafe on the first floor serves nice food and a large variety. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will ensure I share it with the the staff. Here at the Courtyard Coconut Grove we strive to ensure each guest has an outstanding experience.

We hope you had a great visit and come back to visit us in the Grove soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is located in a somewhat residential section of Coconut Grove. I stayed in a room on the 14th floor facing the rear of the hotel. The overall footprint of the building is small, but I did not hear one bit of noise.

I was upgraded to a double suite and the room was quite large. The bathroom, however, was not. There was one small sink with virtually not counter space. Other than that, the room was fine - I did not spend much time there.

The staff was very professional and friendly. Like many hotels in Miami, there is only valet parking and that can get expensive at $24 per day.

I chose this location because it was practically half the cost of hotels in South Beach, but still within a short drive. Also, the Coco Walk shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the experience. I'll also share the feedback with my staff, as they take great pride in delivering an excellent experience and I'm happy you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you again!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice hotel, bay view rooms are very nice. Due to the design of the hotel some rooms are quite small, ask for a larger one.

Excellent location for access to marinas and waterfront restaurants. Close to parks and a nice jogging trail. Friendly staff, especially the hardworking valet staff.

I didn't like the limited hours of the cafe. Both times I stopped by for a meal (late morning, early afternoon) the "kitchen closed" sign was out. Perhaps there is a business reason for maintaining limited kitchen hours, but then the hotel isn't " full service" during those hours.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Good Afternoon:

Thank you for your recent feedback. We appreciate your compliment to our staff and we agree, we're in a great location!

I have also shared your feedback regarding hours for Bistro service. We do shut down to reset for the next meal period and then in the afternoon from 1pm-5pm, however, the next time you're hear, feel free to ask at the Front Desk. Often we can get you coffee and other beverages and sometimes even whip up a food.

Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Many of the Marriott Courtyards have been revamped and are really nice stays but this Courtyard experience was an absolute nightmare!!! First off, the heat/air-conditioning in my room didn't work properly and by that I mean, it didn't matter what temperature I set the thermostat to, it was about 67 degrees in my room at all times. Secondly, the TV in my room has major issues, all the HD channels would start pixilating and scrambling a few minutes into watching them. I called for service and someone came up, did a bunch of things but ultimately didn't fix either the non-stop cold air or the tv. He told me that by the time I returned from work the next day, both would be fixed ... neither were fixed. Also, there was only 1 lady working the breakfast area both days and the wait to order a simple egg sandwich was unbearable. When I checked out, I notified the desk person of he problems and she said that her manager was not there but that he'd provide me with extra points for my unpleasant stay, she took down my phone number and said he'd call. Two weeks have passed and no one has called. This finally inspired me to get on trip advisor so I can let others know of my terrible experience ... and I'm glad I did!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Good Afternoon:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As a hotel, we strive to ensure each guest has an outstanding experience and we didn't achieve that for you, so I apologize.

Regarding your issues, I have reviewed the engineering problems with my chief engineer so that he can address with his staff. We want you to be as comfortable as possible and to be able to enjoy all hotel amenities, so I'm sorry you experienced these ssues.

I am the manager that typically responds to guest inquiries and unfortunately didn't receive a message regarding your issues, so I apologize for the delay.

Please get in touch the next time you return to the Grove and I will personally look in to an upgrade.

Have a pleasant day.
holland patent, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Not a luxury hotel, but nice accommodation. decent restaurant and bar, very handy market across the street and a 5 minute walk to the Cocowalk area of restaurants and shops. extremely friendly staff, gorgeous view from the 20th floor. nice pool with shaded private areas for us snow birds. prompt valet service for taxis, etc. Generally a really nice upmarket area to stay in. would highly recommend this place. downside, it had little tiny ants in the bathroom.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a refrigerator. get a room on a higher floor facing the water.