“Great sunset views.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #57 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Abbeville, South Carolina
“Great sunset views.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here on my husband's Marriott points and would not usually stay in as an expensive facility/location...but that said, it was lovely and we really enjoyed it. We had a suite on the city side with a great sitting area and balcony. A schematic identifying what areas of Miami were where would be great. The valet guys were great, check-in easy and quick and the room very clean. There was a huge walk in closet which I could not imagine needing yet a small bathroom. Maybe next remodel could address this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay, we do have plans to address some of our smaller bathrooms this year

We hope to see you back soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Eldridge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel's staff provided the single best example of selfless customer service I have exprienced in my 49 years. For starters, we were not even guests of the hotel, but chose to wait for our departing flight in there in my brother's room after getting in from a 4 day cruise. The hotel graciously agreed to check our bags for us so that we could see the neighborhood and get lunch until our shuttle arrived.

About 5 minutes after our arrival, I realized that I had left my briefcase in the back of the cab that brought us. None of us remembered the name of the cab company so we called the Port of Miami and the cruise line just in case it was found and returned. I had little hope of seeing it again, and figured that my iPad, Bluetooth keyboard, Bose headphones and some important business papers were gone for good.

When we informed the bell staff of the situation, they took over. They worked with us to narrow the possible cab companies based on their knowledge of the appearance of their cabs. They then made phone calls to the cab companies and Miami-Dade Police's central transportation office so that a bulletin could be put out to all companies. They took our information so that they could contact us with any news as we traveled back.

Our shuttle arrived to take us to the airport without any further word. When we told our shuttle driver of the situaion, he said, "you'll never see it again...not in this town." But as I turned my phone on after landing in Atlanta, I had a message from Miami-Dade Police that my bag had been found with the contents intact. My only regret is that we couldn't find the name of the cab driver to thank him for his honesty.

Hats off to all at the Courtyard Coconut Grove for their help. I'm a permanent fan, and will find a way to make this hotel a part of a future vacation. The room that my brother had was very nicely appointed with a great view of the bay and Key Biscayne, and I'm looking forward to the return trip. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went

Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Came for 1 night to get away. Was upgraded to a balcony marina view. The check in was great and they were so helpful and friendly. Hotel and room were beautiful and clean with a fabulous view. Great location and the suggestions of where to go to eat and walk around were great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I chose this hotel due to its location. It was a couple blocks from where I had several appointments. I got a great rate and the hotel was exactly what I needed. it is in a very central location with restaurants within walking distance and is just a stone's throw from Coconut Grove. The lobby seems recently renovated and has a great show for breakfast, a little store for snacks and sundries, business centre and a seating area with TV and information screens. I was in room 515 which had a little bit of an unusual layout from what I am accustomed to but it was okay. Perhaps just a little bit tight on space but no big deal. Everything was well kept and clean. Housekeeping staff were great except for the 2nd day when the room was not serviced although I was there until the early afternoon so perhaps they saw it was occupied and didn't return later. Only other minor issue was when I returned to the hotel on Friday night at around 11:45 PM. There was a line of 4 or 5 cars waiting for valet and they only had one person. We had to wait in the car for around 10 or 15 min. for them to take it. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others and would definitely consider staying here again if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we've adjusted our scheduels on the curb for valet to ensure we have the appropriate staffing on board.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ALL ROOMS HAVE A BALCONY, BE IT SMALL OR LARGE ?
Just made a reservation for two rooms, hoping to have them close to each other, staff on phone when confirming, said to call back morning of the day we are arriving and ask.
We previously lived in Miami and now are bringing some friends for 1st time visit to Coconut Grove. Hotel looks to be in a great location for Coconut Grove walking!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello and thanks for asking - Balcony rooms can be guaranteed when making the reservation, there is an additional charge for them, but if not sold out we'll upgrade on a first come first serve basis and no not all of the rooms have a balcony.

Please contact us directly for more information
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is an older Courtyard and needs to have a hard goods renovation. The rooms are extremely small, but other than that it is your standard Courtyard by Marriott. They have the Starbucks coffee and the bistro concept that every Courtyard has now. We experienced an issue with the valet at the hotel and notified the front desk during the night audit around 1:30am. Apparently the front desk agent sent an email to the Assistant General Manager during the night and to our surprise at 6:15am we had an email from the AGM with an apology and stating that they would be in touch on Monday, however other management had been notified.

Upon checkout the Manager on Duty already knew of the issue and was quick to greet us and apologize. She took off the charge for the valet (which we did not ask for) and got us in touch with the valet manager who we filed the report with. I have NEVER had such great service from a 3rd party valet company. They immediately took action and responsibility.

This might not be the newest and nicest hotel in Miami, but the customer service is GREAT! When going back I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, great service is what we pride ourselves with and I'll certainly be using your feedback with our team to continue our efforts

Come back and see us soon!
Lake Ridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family stayed here one weekend in August. The hotel was in a great location in Coconut Grove, across from Monty Trainer's, and looked attractive outside, in the lobby, as well as in the pool area. We encountered two issues during our stay, besides the fact that the hallways on the 2 different floors we saw needed a good scrubbing, and the lobby furniture needed fixing up because they were chipped. The first room we stayed in was small but clean, recently remodeled and looked fine. The problem we had was that every time the air conditioning system turned off or on...it made a loud sound as if someone was closing a door! Needless to say, we could not sleep and we were transferred to a bigger room on another floor. While we were moving out, maintenance came and took care of the problem, but we moved anyway. That room was perfectly fine and we had a good night sleep. The other issue that we encountered was that we had difficulty getting into the rooms with the key card. The cards did not function properly. Now, I have to say this. The last time I had to go downstairs to get the card fixed, the front desk clerk, with a bit of a muted attitude, asked me to go upstairs and try it to see if it worked, and if it did not to come down again. I guess the displeasure showed on my face, because the manager stepped in and said he would go up with me so that in the event the card did not work, he would go down and try to fix it. While I waited for him to put on his suit jacket, I moved over to get something to drink from the lobby store, and he came over and offered to pay for it and to pick drinks for all in my family. I accepted his offer to pay for mine, but declined the drinks for my family; that was not necessary. He explained they were having trouble with the key cards, and that it seemed every time there was some type of weather, it happened. He was very gracious and apologetic, and certainly took charge of the situation. Because of him, my impression of this hotel is a positive one, in spite of the issues, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, I'll share them with our team and be sure to fix the key issue.

Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
Mayfair Hotel & Spa
#55 of 113 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 345 reviews
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!