“Renovated Lobby and outdated Rooms!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #58 of 113 Hotels in Miami
“Renovated Lobby and outdated Rooms!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. We had a typical courtyard experience except for the fact that rooms were outdated and badly needs renovation. Location was great and staffs were very friendly / accommodative.

Room Tip: Street parking was available on the same street if someone doesn't want to pay for valet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we actaully just updated our complete bedding package and we've just completed a rooms renovation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night. They gave me a corner room with large balcony which was nice. The room was very large. Bathroom was large with urinal and toilet, combined shower bath. Didn't care for the urinal and never have I seen one in a hotel room. I didn't know about the location that much, I thought I'd gave it a try and check it out. My gps did not recognize the address of the hotel and I didn't know why, it took me over an hour to find and by the time I got there I was exhausted. I used the valet parking which was around $25.00. I wanted to walk to coco walk but it rained hard that evening so I ended up spending the entire night in the room. My room was very quiet and again large. I don't know if I would stay here again because other then coco walk there's really nothing else there. If your room is facing the front, you might get a marina view. My room was facing the back and all it was just residential view. So my stay wasn't horrible but I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, the urinal you referred to is actually a bidet, which a few of our rooms have, if in the future you would not like this option please let us know .
Thank you again for sharing your feedback
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

fantastic location on Biscayne bay Blvd. Directly across the street from the coconut grove marina. There are several very good places to eat and shop within walking distance. This was the second time I've stayed here and it has been renovated since. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a suite with a balcony and bay view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments, we look forward to your return
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family does a lot of travel in the central and southern state of Florida. We were looking for a hotel that wasn't in the downtown Miami area, but we wanted to be close to the action of Miami. We pulled up to check-in and we were greeted with smiles and welcomes from the staff. Our check in was a very pleasant experience and all of our requests were granted with a smile. The room was VERY clean and roomy. We had a view of Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The pool was absolutely gorgeous. My 12 year old son scraped his toe on a broken tile on a sitting area in the pool. We went inside to get him some ice cream while he cooled off and tended to his toe. We told the front desk, just so they would be aware of it, and they gave us free ice cream. That was a nice touch. (it was just a small little scrape) We opted to use the curbside parking with meters. No big deal at all. The meters take cash or credit cards. You can also pay by phone and never have to step out of the hotel. All of the phone in information is on the sign from the Miami Parking Authority. Across the street is a market that has everything you could ever need during your stay. I did not walk into the hotel doors one time without the door being opened for me and a very courteous, "welcome back." Even as we walked through the lobby the staff would always greet us with a "welcome back." That was a very nice touch that lets visitors to this Hotel know that you are appreciated and welcomed. Even when we bumped into maintenance or housekeeping throughout the hotel we greeted with a kind a word. I never walked past one staff member without receiving a pleasant greeting. Upon entering the Hotel, Eric noticed that I was wearing a Daytona Bike Week shirt, and we had a pleasant conversations about our motorcycles. The lobby of this hotel is very welcoming and contemporary. There are several areas to hand out with friends with LCD television throughout the lobby. We used the internet everyday during our stay and we had zero issues. It worked perfectly. There is no restaurant at this hotel and that was fine by me. I never eat at hotel restaurants because they are always very overpriced. CocoWalk is within walking distance and has several nice restaurants such as Chili's and Cheesecake Factory. There is also a movie theater and lots of shopping at CocoWalk. You can check out the specifics at www.cocowalk.net. There is a Starbucks and a small but nice bar in the lobby. We stayed for 4 days, and our stay here was nothing but positive and pleasant. I read a few of the negative reviews before our stay and was a little concerned. I guess everyone can have a bad experience from time to time, but the negative reviews in no way matched our experience here. I would recommend this hotel, and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I'll ensure we share them with our team
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I think that this was a great property for our needs. We attended a graduation at Univ of Miami in Coral Gables. It was only 10 minutes driving. On the remaining days, the hotel was close enough for us to drive anywhere within 10-15 minutes. We really enjoyed the location. Street parking was actually not that difficult, and cheaper than doing the overnight valet.

The room was decent size and clean. No complaints there. The only grief that I have was that the front desk lady was a little rude (her name was Mirna?). Airline lost my luggage and dropped it off at the hotel per a message that was left on my phone. When I approached the front desk for my luggage the front desk was less than helpful - insisting that it wasn't there and no one showed up, of course they weren't mistaken, blah blah blah. After 15 minutes back and forth, I finally begged enough to have her just check in the back. Of course it was there. NO apologies. Just "Oh, here's your luggage". It wasn't really that big of a deal. Lady was just a bit rude when asking for a simple check. The valet guys were all really helpful, though.

Other than that, stay was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was, I will be following up on your concerns to ensure it doesn’t happen again

Best,
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed for business. Will never stay again:

1. Unreliable internet. The router on our floor stopper working in the evening. They had nobody to repair it till 7AM in the morning
2. Long lines at front desk. And front desk is used for everything - giving and collecting laundry, paying for things bought at the store etc.
3. Long lines at the bistro: Usually only one person to take the order, deliver it etc.
4. Poorly equipped fitness center
5. Poor location from the standpoint of restaurants close by
6. Just one option for calling for food
7. Store full of processed and junk food
8. Limited menu in hotel bistro

Room is OK. Air-conditioning works. Valet service is good.

I am not staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns, I too would have been as frustrated as you were with your stay. Unfortunately things break, the router for the internet went down, the only good news was it was down for less than 24 hours as we had a new router expedited to the property. We do have fiber optics coming into the hotel so our internet is typically very reliable and very fast. I apologize for the inconvenience it caused while you were here. I'm sorry you didn’t have a chance to get out and explore the area, 3 blocks on long the bay is Coconut Grove known for its sidewalk cafes and outdoor entertainment, and across the street on the bay is Monty’s steak and seafood restaurant, an open aired place right on the marina.
Our personal best,
Pawling
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed May 30-June 2. We booked a suite but the layout of the room is strange. The bathroom is teeny. So much so it is difficult for one person to maneuver about. We had a bay front room that wasn't worth the price. The balcony is tiny with a small view of the bay. Oatmeal at Starbucks is wonderful but it doesn't open until 7 am. The assistant manager Addida made our initial room disappointment much better and she went out of her way to help every chance she could. The staff overall is warm, friendly and keep the hotel impeccably clean. Beds were amazing. The room layouts are strange and need revamping. Hotel is a walk away from restaurants in town. The market across from the hotel has great groceries, fresh fruits and yummy top notch take out food.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'll be sure to share your comments with our team

We look forward to your return
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
Mayfair Hotel & Spa
#55 of 113 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 343 reviews
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!