“Confortable and clean, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #71 of 129 Hotels in Miami
home
“Confortable and clean, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Walking distance to restaurants and shops, across the street from the park and the bay beyond. Nice rooms, reasonable rate by Miami standards. Like the nearby Residence Inn on Tigertail. an excellent Marriott choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I'll be sharing them with our teams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Buenos Aires
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a long flight, my first contact was a valet informing me of a $25 daily fee for valet parking, driving the point by saying that there are no self parking or street parking alternatives ... unless you want to walk several blocks to Coconut Grove.

At check in I tried to protest this, hoping for a discount or at least some sympathy, but was quickly cut off "you booked through Expedia" ... somehow that appears to be a sin.

When I tried to ask why this was a problem, but was cut off mid-sentence "I dont make the rules", I insisted that she represented Marriott. She denied this, and suggested I took the matter up with "Mr. Marriott", befuddled I pointed out that her name tag had the name Marriott on it, She wished me a nice day in the most passive-agressive way imaginable and turned her back ...

The bell boy sheepishly looked at me and shrugged his shoulders, I guess he was trying to say that this happens every day...

Rooms are small and bathrooms old.

WiFi was not working, they insisted it was. I used my phone and cut my stay short. Could not get out of there fast enough.

My advice: STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments, this behavior is not typical here and I'll be researching this further with the team. It does appear that there was some miscommunication and I apologize for that, there is self-parking across the street from the hotel and Coconut Grove, a trendy area known for its sidewalk cafe's and outdoor entertainment is a short walk from the hotel. I will be discussing your concerns further with our teams and take corrective action as needed

thanks again
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Wonderful valets at the door who set the tone for this family visit. Nice room with balcony, bay view too, and they moved my brother and family to a larger room with no fuss and only an extra a $10 per day. The Starbucks in the lobby and the small market plus coffee and a fridge in the room made snacks and drinks and light meals easy. Pool is lovely with plenty of towels provided. Could do with a water cooler perhaps ?
Fresh Market opposite provided an easy place to get sun screen and helpful service. Found 2 walking distance restaurants too.
Ask for bay view rooms as high up as possible.
Could have done with a room to change in for a late flight after checkout.
Great trip.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view as high up as possible for view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we're happy you enjoyed your stay and I'll be sharing your comments with our teams
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was originally going to give this hotel 2 circles, but by the time we checked out I was happier with it. If you look at my other reviews that I've posted, you can see I generally rate things very well. However that is probably because I do my research before I book anything. This time around we were using points so I was limited to Marriott.

The lobby is fine, but when we went up to the room I was immediately disappointed. First we switched rooms due to a lot of noise coming from an adjoining room. The second room was much quieter, but very, very dated. The furniture was rather beat up looking. The room and bathroom were clean, so we stayed. The second night I did notice stains on the sheets and spent the night trying to avoid them.

The room was small, the deadbolt on the door was difficult to retract, there was no full length mirror, and no fan in the bathroom. On the plus side, the bathroom tiles looked new, the blackout drapes worked very well and the clock was easy to read at night.

The pool was very nice, but the towels were too small to use as pool towels. They didn't really cover the lounge chairs. Breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and helpful.

We had no trouble with the air conditioning, but I spoke to someone in the elevator who was rather frustrated by the very noisy a/c in his room.

In summary whether you stay here or not depends on what you are looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, I'll be sharing your comments with our team. We take all our comments and consistently work on insuring we exceed our guest’s experience. We went through a full renovation recently and I'll insure to inspect all our rooms to correct any miss used furniture. We replaced our entire bedding package this past quarter and I'll insure that we discard any linen that is not up to standards.

Thanks again for your feedback
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's hotel has a great location to Coco walk, shopping, downtown and Bayside. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. We had a king size bed, which was comfortable. the shower was awesome!! the only negative is The room is small, but we weren't in the room much, so we didn't mind. Great to have a 24 hour snack area. We played tennis two days, and a nice pool. We were in town for three days for a wedding in Coconut Grove.
We stayed three nights. It's best to park on the street and pay the meter. Overnight parking is 24.50/ night.

Room Tip: Best to be on a lower level to avoid having to go up high in elevator. We were 18th floor and it too...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we take all our feedback in consideration on making improvements to exceed our guest expectations.

We hope to see you back soon
Sunrise, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a lovely overnight stay at the Courtyard Marriott this April. Needed a nice place to stay as we were in Coconut Grove for a wedding. The Marriott was ideally located in the Grove and the price was right for the higher end of comfort we sought. They were able to accommodate our request for the earlier check-in we needed to change clothes and get to the wedding on time. Check-in and check-out was quick and professional. Our room was bright, clean and well-appointed. The bathroom was nice and clean with plenty of room for my stuff. In the morning I called down to the front desk for additional bath towels as we had showered the night before. The towels were brought up right away. They only have valet parking, which we used at night, but found a free street spot right out front for when we checked in and just stayed long enough to change for the wedding. Our over all experience was very pleasant with no problems. I enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay, we take all our feedback in to consideration as we strive for the best customer satisfaction.

We hope to see you back real soon
Vacaville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great Location....hotel is a remodeled Doubletree hotel. I had a King Bed room and it was small...Bathroom was small...shower was very tiny. Almost cruise ship tiny. You are going to pay for Valet service...you do not have a choice to self park...at 25.00 a day. Across the street from the Marina and Fresh Market and great grocery store. Walking distance to Coconut Grove. The pool area is probably the best part of the property. There is a Marriott Residence Inn 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: The King bed room might be small...check to see if you can see the room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments serious and strive to improve from them. If I may, there is self parking that can be used either along the street of the hotel or across the street in the municipal parking lot.

Thanks again

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!