“Great for sports teams travelling to Miami” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #64 of 130 hotels in Miami
Hyde Park, New York
“Great for sports teams travelling to Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We traveled to Miami for a Thanksgiving Basketball Tournament and this was the host hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was convenient to the University of Miami and the Coconut Grove area has a lot of restaurants and some shopping. It's location is right near the water too, which was an added bonus (but no beach).
Front desk staff were all very professional and helpful with any requests we had. Kudos to the valet guys - they all stepped it up and hustled to get our vans for us (as often as we used them, they deserve a raise!).
The only complaint is that the rooms were small and confined. Not all of them, but some of our players and staff were a little cramped. Otherwise, highly recommend staying there.
Bar is small and has limited hours, but the kitchen has great food!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Good luck in the future with the teams accomplishments.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Starting with the positive, I found the beds comfortable (I like them on the soft-side) and the shower definitely had enough water pressure - pretty sure it would have been illegal in the Northwest!

I was on the forth floor, which is really the second floor, so I liked that I could avoid the elevator, but that meant no view. Room was quiet until the last night - guess we didn't have neighbors the other nights.

Bathroom was very small. The shower was super loud and put out so much water, it couldn't divert it all.

It had the usual signs about saving the earth and hanging towels and even when I put the sign ON the towel, they still changed them. Big pet peeve.

Restaurant was okay, limited menu, and a bit over-priced with very limited hours.

I was in the hotel for a workshop, and the downstairs conference room was ridiculously loud with the washers going all day just on the other side of louvered doors and huge, mirrored columns throughout. Not an ideal setting.

The staff was nice, and the valets were great, especially Isai.

The walk to Coconut Grove isn't bad and there are great places over there. I would especially recommend LuLu's. Would have eaten there every day if I could. Hotel is located across the street from Fresh Market which is pretty good for quick take.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our feedback serioulsy. I'll be sharing your comments with our team and ensure we correct the items you mentioned.

We look forward to your return

Thanks again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are certainly nothing special, but the staff and the pool area were both nice. Our room was not cleaned between our first and second night, and we didn't have body lotion in the room (supposedly they sent it up...we're still waiting). It didn't feel worth $200/night, but it was a serviceable hotel.

Stayed January 2013
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay, I will be sharing your comments with our team to ensure we get our guest requests to them quickly.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

From check in to check out we dealt with an amazing staff. I dealt with Laura in the groups department because we had about 15 rooms blocked out for a wedding party. The hotel was a short walk from all the fun bars and restaurants which was why we thought to go there. The property was beautiful and well maintained. we upgraded to a suite which was incredible and the view was even better than the room. Also saw some regular rooms, which were really nice as well. Being a loud an obnoxious group of friends, I thought for sure we were going to hear from our neighbors or hotel staff, but it appears they have thick walls and enough sense to put the wedding party far from other guests. Thanks Marriott, you continue to hold high standards and I will be back.

Room Tip: Get bay view rooms, too beautiful not to
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I will be sharing your comments with our team. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return

Best
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Up on arrival we were greet by the friendly bell staff. The front desk staff was ok we did not have to wait for our room which was good. The room was nice and clean we had a nice view.There parking service was ok .The only was they did not have microwave in the room we had to go to the lobby to warm my baby food up.The lobby area was nice an clean. Quite and nice also walking distance to the town not alot of site seen but it was ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, although we do have a full service restaurant and lounge directly off the lobby overlooking the pool. I appologize if we didnt make you aware of them upon your check-in, I'll be sure to share this with the team.

Best
Mass.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Nothing special. clean room on 14th floor. No resaurant, just snack bar. No lounge either. Parking by valet only unless you park on the street. Parking is $24.40 per night. There are other hotels closer to Coconut Grove section.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our comments seriously and I'll certainly report your concerns on slow drains to our engineering team to have it repaired as needed. The hotel offers a selection of room types, and is located directly across the street from the Bay and outdoor entertainment/dinning. We will share your comments with our front desk team and housekeeping team to ensure we exceed our guest’s expectations

Again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

ME: Have higher status and more frequently stay at Hilton. Have Silver Status with Marriott and stayed here as part of a business meeting where I did not choose the location. I grabbed a SuperShuttle easily from the airport and was dropped off out front in less than 20 minutes.

Good
- Lobby is stylish and modern
- Bed/ pillows were comfortable
- Hot shower available every day with good water pressure
- Nice large flat screen HDTV
- In room coffeemaker
- Free Wifi in the property that is pretty fast
- Nice Whole Foods type grocery store across the street

Be Aware
- No mention or acknowledgement of my (yes, I know lowest level) Silver Status
- No newspapers delivered to room
- No delivery of bill to room
- SMALLEST domestic room I have ever stayed in. My pictures will be attached and literally I had to stand on top of stuff to not be IN the pictures.
- LOUDEST air conditioner I have experienced in some time. It was cold, so that is valuable but it seriously sounded like a commercial air compressor. I had to turn it off every night or I could not sleep, so it got a little warm at night.
- Thin Walls, so I heard loud plumbing noises anytime my neighbors used the restroom/ sink / shower.
- Shower drained VERY slow, so I was standing in a lake by the time I was finished
- No lights for entering the room. I suppose this is common for older hotels, but it is really irritating to have to fumble around in the dark trying to get all the way across the room and stick my hand into some lamp before getting light.
- Inconsistent toiletry / beauty products. On my first day, I had soap and shampoo only. On the second day, I received conditioner, and on the third day, I also received lotion. I guess maybe this was a game for those who like surprises?
- Finally, kind of a weak location. I spent 4 days in Florida (for business, granted) and never saw the water. My room faced a giant concrete building and none of my views saw the water...even my walking to restaurants (15 minutes away) didn't pass water. Even if you happen to get a water facing room, it looks at the bay and not a beach.

Bottom line - I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we take all our guest comments seriously.
We're glad we were able to upgrade you and you enjoyed a clean quiet room, your other concerns will be reviewed with our team to ensure we deliver the best stay possible

Thanks again for your feedback

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!