“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

You added Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #57 of 113 Hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are certainly nothing special, but the staff and the pool area were both nice. Our room was not cleaned between our first and second night, and we didn't have body lotion in the room (supposedly they sent it up...we're still waiting). It didn't feel worth $200/night, but it was a serviceable hotel.

Stayed January 2013
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay, I will be sharing your comments with our team to ensure we get our guest requests to them quickly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

From check in to check out we dealt with an amazing staff. I dealt with Laura in the groups department because we had about 15 rooms blocked out for a wedding party. The hotel was a short walk from all the fun bars and restaurants which was why we thought to go there. The property was beautiful and well maintained. we upgraded to a suite which was incredible and the view was even better than the room. Also saw some regular rooms, which were really nice as well. Being a loud an obnoxious group of friends, I thought for sure we were going to hear from our neighbors or hotel staff, but it appears they have thick walls and enough sense to put the wedding party far from other guests. Thanks Marriott, you continue to hold high standards and I will be back.

Room Tip: Get bay view rooms, too beautiful not to
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I will be sharing your comments with our team. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Up on arrival we were greet by the friendly bell staff. The front desk staff was ok we did not have to wait for our room which was good. The room was nice and clean we had a nice view.There parking service was ok .The only was they did not have microwave in the room we had to go to the lobby to warm my baby food up.The lobby area was nice an clean. Quite and nice also walking distance to the town not alot of site seen but it was ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, although we do have a full service restaurant and lounge directly off the lobby overlooking the pool. I appologize if we didnt make you aware of them upon your check-in, I'll be sure to share this with the team.

Mass.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Nothing special. clean room on 14th floor. No resaurant, just snack bar. No lounge either. Parking by valet only unless you park on the street. Parking is $24.40 per night. There are other hotels closer to Coconut Grove section.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our comments seriously and I'll certainly report your concerns on slow drains to our engineering team to have it repaired as needed. The hotel offers a selection of room types, and is located directly across the street from the Bay and outdoor entertainment/dinning. We will share your comments with our front desk team and housekeeping team to ensure we exceed our guest’s expectations

Again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

ME: Have higher status and more frequently stay at Hilton. Have Silver Status with Marriott and stayed here as part of a business meeting where I did not choose the location. I grabbed a SuperShuttle easily from the airport and was dropped off out front in less than 20 minutes.

Good
- Lobby is stylish and modern
- Bed/ pillows were comfortable
- Hot shower available every day with good water pressure
- Nice large flat screen HDTV
- In room coffeemaker
- Free Wifi in the property that is pretty fast
- Nice Whole Foods type grocery store across the street

Be Aware
- No mention or acknowledgement of my (yes, I know lowest level) Silver Status
- No newspapers delivered to room
- No delivery of bill to room
- SMALLEST domestic room I have ever stayed in. My pictures will be attached and literally I had to stand on top of stuff to not be IN the pictures.
- LOUDEST air conditioner I have experienced in some time. It was cold, so that is valuable but it seriously sounded like a commercial air compressor. I had to turn it off every night or I could not sleep, so it got a little warm at night.
- Thin Walls, so I heard loud plumbing noises anytime my neighbors used the restroom/ sink / shower.
- Shower drained VERY slow, so I was standing in a lake by the time I was finished
- No lights for entering the room. I suppose this is common for older hotels, but it is really irritating to have to fumble around in the dark trying to get all the way across the room and stick my hand into some lamp before getting light.
- Inconsistent toiletry / beauty products. On my first day, I had soap and shampoo only. On the second day, I received conditioner, and on the third day, I also received lotion. I guess maybe this was a game for those who like surprises?
- Finally, kind of a weak location. I spent 4 days in Florida (for business, granted) and never saw the water. My room faced a giant concrete building and none of my views saw the water...even my walking to restaurants (15 minutes away) didn't pass water. Even if you happen to get a water facing room, it looks at the bay and not a beach.

Bottom line - I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we take all our guest comments seriously.
We're glad we were able to upgrade you and you enjoyed a clean quiet room, your other concerns will be reviewed with our team to ensure we deliver the best stay possible

Thanks again for your feedback
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel often for business. This was my first trip to Miami and I stayed at this hotel due to the safe area and availability. My stay lasted from Monday to Friday. I arrived to a full hotel with the average age around 20. Apparently it was winter training for many college sports teams - not what a business traveler wants to see. The front staff over the course of the week were not warm - no Marriott charm. I asked for a refrigerator many times and never saw one. The fitness center was not great - one of the three treadmills had a working TV. The Bistro is the same as all other Courtyards- good news. The rooms are very quirky. The parking prices are outrageous.

On a positive note, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My room was quiet as I fought hard for the coveted platinum top floor.

Let's just say I'll try the other Marriott brands in Miami.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks again for your feedback
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is very nice and is well located on Bayshore in Coconut Grove. The amenities are quite good and the rooms are very comfortable. All that said, what really makes this place is the staff. Some friends and I stayed for a number of days and throughout our stay we had a number of requests. The staff was incredibly accommodating, handling all of our requests with the utmost courtesy. Whenever we needed something, the staff was all over in short order. Miguel and Milvia, in particular, were extremely helpful. All around it was a great stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
, Thank you for your comments and feedback, we’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality

Best

Been to Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!