We stayed here last year on a free night and it was perfect for that reason. We stayed here again this year as part of a long weekend and again used a free night stay. They upgraded my partner and I to a suite which was nice and large with great views from the 17th floor. It was great considering it was free. Here are my pros and cons:
Location in the grove and easy walking distance to the main area for bars and restaurants. Across the street is a high end grocery store if you want to stock up on food and drinks.
The pool is nicely maintained and the cafe off the pool offers some ok food. Day staff are very friendly but the overnight staff are not. (after 11pm). Public areas are well maintained and nice.
Rooms are run down and need a refurbishment. The mattress was so so and the bathroom small. The elevator was not working (one of two) and so getting up and down off the floor was painful. We were there over a weekend and no service over the weekend from the maintainence staff for elevators I guess. Door in the bathroom was peeling at the bottom and needed to be replaced. This courtyard had a great location, nice public areas and terrific day time staff but the room is just very basic and you get what you pay for. SO if you get a good rate, and know you are out except to sleep it is fine. What I did not like was the overnight staff (5am) when I came down asking for information. They were very unfriendly. We asked for a late check out as a result of status and he gave us an hour. The day before the desk agent said no problem we are wide open and just come down in the morning. We went out for the morning came back and the day staff extended our stay until 3pm. As well the overnight desk clerk did not change our key cards so we could get back into the room. So that meant another trip upstairs on a very slow elevator and a long wait to go back downstairs to have the keycard changed. Sloppy customer service by the night agent. I asked for two pool towels as we were going snorkeling (hence the need for the late checkout) and was told you cannot take towels to the beach. I said ok, went outside took two pool towels and went snorkeling. How can you have a hotel close to the water and not expect your guests to need beach towels? These were very basic medium size cheap hotel towels. Come on. Not a good customer service policy.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove Hotel
- Doubletree Coconut Grove
- Doubletree Miami Beach
- Doubletree Miami
- Miami Doubletree
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Break away from business as usual! Introducing the Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove hotel, where the views are spectacular and location perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.