“Good food...uneven service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Hall

City Hall
2004 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33137-5012 (Wynwood - Edgewater)
786-507-4102
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
City Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 3,650 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: Steven Haas' new restaurant in Miami. Wow! The food was terrific. Each person in our party of 4 had a dish better than the next. I'd love to share the news!!!
Maitland
“Good food...uneven service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night. We were rushed to get our order in because the kitchen was closing. I think we sat down about 9:30pm. The restaurant decor is very hip. A very nice atmosphere. Food was good and I will go back to try more menu items. Our server while he was pleasant and friendly...we had to keep hunting him down. Overall happy with the dinner...it's a little pricey so service should be improved. Not yo mention there was only one other couple in the place so there was no reason for the slow service. I will try it again.

Visited October 2013

Miami, Florida, United States
“Slow Service and Some Bombs on the Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went with my husband and friends on Saturday night and we all ate from the Miami Spice menu. The restaurant was only about 40 to 50% full downstairs (never went upstairs). Despite the emptiness of the restaurant, our server was SLOW, and he seemed a little clueless about the menu and wine pairing advertised. The martini menu was creative, and offered several non-vodka options that were good. Watch out for the Special Master, it is actually quite spicy.

We all ate from the Miami Spice menu, and I got to taste most of what was ordered. Overall, most of the food was very good, with the exception of (of course) my "pan seared mahi." It was supposed to be pan-seared, but what I got was a dry, tough piece of unappetizing fish that I couldn't finish. Hy hubby's "famous fried chicken" was outstanding: crispy, moist meat and not greasy. My baked eggplant appetizer was also delicious, as was the corn chowder and the chocolate-chip croissant bread pudding. The ho-hum marscapone carrot cake was nothing to write home about. The title sounded more appetizing than it actually was. While I would go back, I would definitely stay away from the fish (inedible) and carrot cake (not worth the calories).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner. The churrasco was fantastic - no chimichurri needed. The bread pudding was out of this world too. Our server was very attentive, and overall the experience was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“gospel brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

my husband and i don't like to go to brunches but my girlfriend said We wouldn't be sorry so we went

the music is fantastic,nothing to do with religion
they have it every Sunday
food was outstanding
tuna tartare mouthwatering
spaghetti farfalle style with shrimp amazing
for desert we tried the banana pie, apple crumble with vanilla ice cream
and berries cheesecake
everything delicious

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Excellent food, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is no place to park, only valet. Although had reservations, waited 10 minutes at the bar. Sloppy looking bartender ignored us and the rest of the bar. Waited 20 minutes for bread when we got there, and 20 minutes for 2 coffees and slice of cheesecake for dessert. Food and decor was great, but service/management was horrible. Our server Derrick was very nice and professional but seemed to always be stuck in the weeds. 1 manger was dancing and took his jacket off to eat and drink with a table. Other manager never went around to check in on the customers. After telling our server our concerns, we were forced to tip 20%. Other servers were just standing around looking lost. Tables around us looked annoyed too. For a "southern" styled restaurant they serve rock-hard biscuits.

• Visited August 2013