“Very nice getaway - no problems at all” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Buffalo, NY
“Very nice getaway - no problems at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at a 2 bedroom villa as a pre-cruise getaway. The grounds are impeccable, the pool is clean, hot tub is hot and the room was really nice. We had plenty of room for 6 people. Balcony was large and breezy, which us where we ended up spending most of our time. They had a free hot dog/hamburg lunch poolside when we arrived, which was nice. Shopping is close by, as is the highway. I would highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I traveled with two friends and since there are two bedrooms and a pull out in the living room in every unit everyone had their own sleeping space. The master bedroom's bathroom is huge. There is a large soaking tub actually in the master bedroom which may sound odd but it works. The beds, for my taste, are too soft but I prefer a hard bed. Ample amount of pillows, and a patio that overlooks the resort's pond and golf course.

The price is just out-of-this-world amazing. We stayed for 5 days and paid a total of about $750 -- an average of $150 per night for a two-bedroom condo.

The people who work there are extremely pleasant and though we ran into some cleaning staff members who did not speak Engligh it wasn't too difficult to get our requests across.

The only knock is the location. There are some resturants but no attractions in the area. However, if you like Cuban coffee there is a gas station near by that makes the best. Also, local Cuban nationals hang out and eat there, making me think that their coffee and wide array of food is at least semi authentic.

Parking is not a problem, you just need a pass. There parking area is secured with a security booth that was manned every time we came in or left.

The hotel is also close to Miami's airport and though it is on the landing route with the patio door closed you do not hear the planes.

Any time I go to Miami, I am staying at this hotel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Trinidad Caribbean
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

First use of my vacation exchange, stayed in the main bldg 4 2nd floor,quiet rooms quiet area, helicopter landed in the lot just outside the room one morning and it sounded like a vacum cleaner, didnt realize it was a helicopter at first.(heli was a one off occurence)
all amenities you need, especially if you are new to the country and don't know your way around. Pre arrival survey was sent,you can have groceries in your room before you rrive. great list of property activities,shuttle next door to the doral golf resort.Close to the shopping areas and close enough to the sites like seaquarium,zoo,jungle island etc. A former reviewer complained about exorbitant prices in the on site convenience store...NOT TRUE many items were marginally more expensive than what I saw in the supermarkets, the convenience store is great for personal care products, snacks, ice cream, microwaveable meals, bread,milk, breakfast items, wine etc.
Most Staff were extremely helpful and enthusiastic especially the ladies, the guys would be helpful but pale in comparison to the ladies and in some cases you get the feeling they just cant help because they just don't know much. I saw the concierge once for the week i was there but that one time he was very helpful but he was never at hisdesk and phoning was a waste.
Rooms had been recently renovated, not bad but the contractors owe somebody change. Certain areas were also textured walls that were very dusty and had black stuff either mold or dust, hence my downgrade on cleanliness, we found baby food and hair clips from previous guests and it was obvious the sofa bed wasnt moved for cleaning nor were the pots scrubbed well.
Don't get me wrong, great facilities, all the tableware and cookware you need including, corkscrew, tongs knives,spatulas, baking trays etc. microwave, toaster,blender, range, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, enough coffee tea and laundry detergent to get you started, comfortable beds, three large flat screen lcd tvs, dvd player in livingroom.....tvs are brand new and kinks still present so they go on and off at oddtimes and sometimes program guide and stations change colour for no reason....ghosts in the machine??
Comfortable beds, tub to fit you and some friends.Warm salt water vs chlorine pool, very hot spa/jacuzzi near pool.

Great place for families or couples.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

We were overwhelmed at every turn. The golf was perfect, the bar area and music were a nice treat, the room was clean and comfortable, and the pools were outstanding. The highest plaudits however are for the staff off the hotel and golf course. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable, everyone! I would stay there again, and will definitely recommend to all others. I hope to get back soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. The resort is well-maintained and secure. The views from the upper floor villas are fantastic! They overlook the lake and fountain and the Doral Golf Course. The units are spacious with all the amenities needed. There were many activities throughout the week for all ages. We didn't take advantage of many, but we did enjoy the Fourth of July barbecue by the pool.

The service was great, especially at the front desk at check in. We arrived early, and even though we expressed a desire via an e-mail survey sent out by the Concierge prior to our visit for Building 7 and a high floor unit, that one wasn't quite ready yet. However, the front desk clerk was very accommodating in offering a similar unit in Building 5, which was a perfect place for us, as it's near the pool but not right overlooking the pool and lobby/arrival area. Some previous posts mentioned outdated or older furnishings, but we didn't experience that. The clerk explained that Building 4 has been remodeled, and the other buildings are newer. In any case, I appreciated the fact that we got an e-mail asking for our preferences on not just the building and unit, but also for any activities they could help with during our stay. This is the first time I remember getting a pre-arrival survey. In my opinion, after many exchanges to many areas and different resorts, Marriott always offers a higher quality stay and service.

We had a rental car during the week and found it necessary to get to the Miami beaches, the Keys (nice trip for two days!), and restaurants and shopping. There are several large malls nearby. It was nice to be away from the city traffic in a quiet area. However, there are many planes that fly right over the resort due to the nearby Miami Airport. This did not bother us at all.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, was that the thermostats in the units were set to a minimum temperature that was just not cool enough for me at night for comfortable sleeping. I slept anyway because there are overhead paddle fans in each bedroom. It was a very hot, humid week, not atypical at this time of year, so again, this is just a minor issue.

All in all, our family of four had a great time here. My teenage son also really liked the fitness center, as it was larger and better equipped than most resorts.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

If you are looking for a great weekend get-a-way i recommend the "Golf Weekend Package" at Doral and include a special 80 minute massage because we should all know what it feels like to be in heaven.
First, being a golfer I have always wanted to play the "Blue Monster" reknowned for the challenging holes and deep rough. and the "White Shark" Greg Normans design for it's rtight fairways.
My wife and I played the White Shark on Saturday and were treated to a very nice round. Good holes, good length, challenging par 3's and not a lot of trouble on the sides. It kept a good pace of play.
Saturday afternoon we hit the Spa. Historically we are not "SPA" people, but I have become a convert. The faciity was beautiful. Marriott has put a lot of money into the building and the quality level was A+++++. SInce I am a SPA neophyte the routine was foreigh to me, but I caught on quickly. I recommend getting to your massage at least 45 minutes to an hour early. I hit the whirlpool first, got all warmed up and then jumped into the 40 degree cold icy plunge. Yikes! Got my attention but also was invigorating. I then went into the "Steam Bath, the dry heat Sauna and then they had an amazing Kohler shower with 7 sprayer heads coming from the top and 2 sides. Wiuth the sound of classical music playing a happily stood there relaxing all my muscles. It was then time for my massage which found a new level of relaxation. Don't skimp...go for the 80 minte massage or longer.
Also try trhe anti-oxident drink which was rejuvinating.
Both Friday and Saturday nights we ate at their first class restaurant called Mesazul. The view of the Blue Monster 18th hole, the sunset plus great food combined to make it a perfect evening.
On Sunday morning we teed off at 8:30 on the Blue MOnster which immediatly showed us why it's called a monster. If you are in the rough it has a tendancy to gobble up your ball. Now I know why the pros have such a hard time. If you are a golder, you don't want to miss playing this classic course. It will test all aspects of your game for length, creativity and the par 3's, 2 at over 210 are real challenges. I shot an 84 and was grateful that it wasn't more.
The service was excellent. From the arrival, to the pro shop to the spa the employees were welcoming, cheerful, eager to please and friendly.
Yes I will be going back because I like being treated the same way I'm treated at my own golf club.
Give it a try... you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I own a timeshare at this property, had never used it before.
The unit was great, very spacious and clean and had everything we needed (kitchen with everything, washer/dryer, plenty of sleeping room, dining room, dvd, flat screens in every room)
The concierge, David Kuczynski accommodated us in a lower floor unit with a sliding door that opened up to the lake, it was great!
The facilities were very nice and all the staff was very attentive, specially Ramón who always greeted us in the morning by the BBQ
An awesome shuttle service (the guys were great!) that took us to El Doral where you can use their amazing pools, walk around, eat at the restaurants, shop, go to the Spa and play lots of Golf!
Great vacation!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Villas at Doral? Share your experiences!