“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 129 hotels in Miami
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Arrived a bit earlier than check inn time, but staff helped us get to our room as we were traveling with a toddler. The property is beautiful and clean, the pool is large and is situated on the outskirts of a lake, no problems for chairs and towels were available poolside. Ate a couple of times from the poolside restaurant and the food was good.
The room was clean and extremely well put together, it felt like a home away from home. The kitchen was equipped with brand new stainless steel appliances and fully stocked with all the necessary utensils and dish cleaning products. They were also replenished daily. The bedroom were large and comfortable and spacious enough for a family of 6.
We will definitely return to this property!

Room Tip: Ask for the main building especially when traveling with young children
Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Villas at Doral, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Villas at Doral! We are happy to hear your family enjoyed their stay with us and hope you will return soon!

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stay every year at this Villa and have alwayse received excellent attention overall and very polite. The location is very safe and has numerous options such as a nice pool and one heated pool plus barbecue areas. Very close to most Malls and highly recommended. Everything very clean.

Room Tip: A Corner High floor room is to our opinion the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have stayed at Marriott timeshares all over the country. This one looked like a typical newly renovated timeshare, but I definitely had a few disappointing things happen.
1. There was construction at a neighboring property that woke us up everyday at 7am. Very loud trucks with backup beeping noises and banging of typical building construction. This was also very loud at the pool at the timeshare and could be seen from room and the pool. When we checked in, we were told we were far from the construction and that it shouldn't bother us at all.
2. We were given a handicapped room that we did not ask for. This make for a less than desirable layout. The bathroom was way too big and this took space away from the master bedroom. I think it was the reason that we had a washer/dryer that was one in the same. A converter. The problem is you could not do 2 loads at the same time and the dryer took more than 2 cycles to dry clothes (at least 2 hours).
3. The air conditioning did not circulate evenly throughout the unit. The master bedroom did not seem to get enough air.
4. The bed configuration in the second bedroom was not typical. There was one queen bed and a sofa bed. We just came from Beachplace in Ft. Lauderdale that had a king bed along with a plush nice queen sofa bed. When we opened up the sofa bed at the Villas at the Doral, we could barely walk around the bed to get to the bathroom or queen bed.
5. The biggest disappointment was that we were only allowed to use one pool and half of it's seating at The Trump Doral. I called before making my reservation and spoke to both the people at Marriott and at The Trump Doral and was told we would have full access to the Trump Doral property. That was why we chose this property. Upon check in I was told that 2 of the 3 pools at The Trump Doral were closed for a private group for more than a week. FYI- for future people booking, this private group has been coming to the Trump Doral for around 6 years. Don't be surprised to find this happens again during future spring breaks/Passover. If you want to research it, the group is part of Eden Tours. The pool that we were allowed to use was beautiful. The setting was just gorgeous and the lounge chairs were extremely comfortable. Though my kids were disappointed not to be able to use the pool with the water slide. They felt even worse about the situation, because when they peaked into the pool area that had the slides, there was not a single person there most of the time.

I also felt that the food/drinks at the restaurant at the Trump Doral pool were not up to the standard that I would expect from this kind of resort. I had a fizzy Bloody Mary one day and a Watermelon Margarita that was so salty and tart that I had to send back. (The waitress later came over and told me she tried the drink and agreed it was terrible. She said the bartender was new.) The 3 tvs at the pool bar did not work at all during our 1/2 week at the property. My salad was drenched in dressing and the food in general was nothing special.

The new BLT steak restaurant at the Trump Doral was excellent. Fabulous service, view and food. If you stay at the Marriott, I highly recommend having dinner there one night. You can't beat the ease of getting there.

Stayed April 2014
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Villas at Doral, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review Alison. We apologize there were multiple issues that took away from your overall experience. Please know, your comments will be shared with the appropriate managers so we may address your concerns accordingly. We hope to truly exceed your expectations on a future stay at Marriott's Villas at Doral and thank you for your review.
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was in town on business while my family enjoyed the pool and the Miami area. The condo was very nice and we could not have asked for a nicer place to stay for what we paid. The check in went great, the cleaning crews were very friendly and always had a smile and the greeting of the day. Now the not so good. Upon checkout I inquired about possible joining the Marriott Owners programs and was told to call the Marketing Executive who would be in later. I called her around the lunch and told her what I was looking to do and would like to come down for another stay in the summer and a owner's tour of the property. She told me she would need a few hours to check on my requested dates and she would call me back when she knew more. Four hours later I had not heard from her so I called her back and she stated she was with a customer and she would call me in 15 minutes. SEVEN days later, still no call back. I have left messages for the property GM everyday this week, four times total, and he still hasn't returned my phone calls. I have to wonder why anyone would invest in ownership in a company that does not care about their potential customers. I called Mr. Cliff Delorey, VP of Marriott Vacations, and left a message for him yesterday and he hasn't called back. For a company build by a family who cared about the customers, I guess those days are over. Five stars for 99.9% of the stay, but a One star for what matters most, customer service.

Room Tip: There is construction going on next to the property so request a room away from this area. Not a bad...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Villas at Doral, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Villas at Doral. While we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we apologize for the challenges when setting up a return visit. At your earliest convenience, please contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384. Thank you again for providing us your feedback.
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Upscale two bedroom apartment, with golf course, pool, access to Trump Doral, and excellent location. Shuttle within 2 miles for easy dining. No airport shuttle, so rental car or taxi is the only problem. Very well decorated.

• Stayed April 2014
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Villas at Doral, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us in Miami Robert! We hope you can visit Marriott's Villas at Doral again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Odd location in a very industrial part of town. The property does show it's age. If not for golf we probably wouldn't come here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The place is very clean and pretty we'll maintained.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Villas at Doral, a well appointed, but quiet resort, just what we needed after our delayed flight from the UK. The apartment was superbly equipped and well maintained. The swimming pool and surrounding grounds were cleaned on a daily basis. The poolside grill offered a limited menu but the quality and flavour of the food were good.

There is building work next door which could be intrusive, but we managed to ignore it.

The staff were all superb, responsive and helpful.

All in all a great resort for up to a week, but for us any longer would start to be too long. Would I return, yes.

Room Tip: We liked the low, ground floor by the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Villas at Doral? Share your experiences!