“Great Experience and Easy Access to All Areas” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #29 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Great Experience and Easy Access to All Areas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I have been very pleased with the employees and the rooms. The employees have been pleasant and the rooms very clean. My sister and I stayed here becuase it has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. You can also purchase shuttle service for $11 to the Port of Miami. There is a public transit bus #7 about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel that you can get on for 2 dollars one way. It can take you east to downtown Miami or west to Dolphin Mall. We came in 3 days before our cruise and had lots to do and see. The free wi-fi wasn't great because we kept losing its signal.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night before a cruise and one night upon return of the cruise. There are three hotels sitting on the same property which share one pool. The Courtyard hotel offered a nice sports bar restaurant with decent prices. There is a modern fitness room which is larger than most I have ever seen at a hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The business center and free internet was a bonus. There is a shopping center and fast food restaurants within 20 minutes walking distance. Even though the area is a bit run down and I was a bit concerned for the safety of my family, nobody bothered us when we made this walk. It cost us a flat 24 dollars to get us to the cruise port via taxi. The hotel also offers a private shuttle service to the port for $10 a head.
All in all, it was a good experience for the price. I felt the hotel offered much for the price. One more thing, the rooms they offer don't have a microwave or refrigerator.

• Stayed November 2010
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I'm a frequent patron of Marriott Hotels and gave my rewards number to the desk clerk. I expected the customary upgrade but when I got to the room 4225 I discovered the view was a great view of the air conditioning system on the adjacent roof. I was also disappointed in "the market" which does not have price tags on their sundries. When I got the reciept, I saw that a half bottle of run of the mill red wine was $15. a small box of crackers was $5. Now I know why items do not have price tags. Caveat emptor.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I booked a room at the MIA Courtyard Marriott Airport South because we needed a place to stay the night before our cruise. I chose this hotel because it had a complimentary airport shuttle that ran until 1am (my boyfriend's flight was landing around midnight and the other hotels' shuttles didn't run that late. My red eye flight from San Francisco however landed around 8 am ( 7 hours before check in). I called the hotel and asked where to meet the shuttle. Danny at the front desk was so patient and helpful as I tried to navigate the large airport looking for where the hotel shuttles picked up. Even though check in wasn't until 3pm, I took the shuttle over early, intending to ask the front desk to hold my bags until check in time. Danny at the front desk saw how tired I was and said since my room was ready I could go up early! The room was beautiful! Good quality bedding and free internet . One of the best things about htis property was that the gym had cold bottled water, complimentary apples, and every piece of cardio equipment had an individual tv on it so my boyfriend and I could watch our separate shows while still working out together. Danny also helped me arrange economical transportaion to the Port of Miami to get on our cruise. He made reservations with a tranportation company to get us there for only $11 each. He was so knowlegeable and friendly. He told me how to take the free airport shuttle to MIA, get on a public bus over to south beach for $2 each way. I was able to go enjoy the beach while I was waiting for my boyfriend's flight to land later that night. This hotel and staff were so nice that we decided to stay there again after our cruise. Champions Sports Bar in the lobby also has happy hour where you can get drinks and fabulous onion rings (I recommend with the horseradish dipping sauce) half price!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed one night after a 14 day cruise with friends. Arrived about 1 PM and both rooms were ready. Rooms were very clean and crisp.
Headed down to Champions Bar for a few beers and nachos which were very tasty. Cool bar with tons of TV's and all the sports channels. (Also went down there for dinner and more beers!).
The pool area is very nice. Hooked up my laptop in the room for the free internet. TV in-room had lots of channels.
I have another cruise out of Miami next spring and will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
awelc147, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard, Miami Airport South and were able to experience all that Champions has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you next spring when you return to Miami for another cruise.

Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Everything was pretty well, as I rated. Service was good, very close to everything.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard, Miami Airport South.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next visit to Miami.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Clean, nicely appointed rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. It was a nice welcome to Miami.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
awelc147, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Miami Airport South, and found our staff friendly and helpful.

We do hope to see you again very soon on your next visit to Miami.

Hotel Management

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!