“Nice Hotel - Parking is expensive!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #34 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Willemstad, Curacao
“Nice Hotel - Parking is expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel and the hotel and the room was very nice and clean.

I booked this hotel through the Travelocity website as a package deal (hotel/car/ticket). When selecting a hotel I chose the option for 'free parking' as I don't like to waste money on parking and this was one of the hotels that appeared as meeting my criteria for free parking. The hotel looked nice so I decided to book this hotel and try it out. I was surprised, when at check in, the hotel clerk informed me that the parking fee is USD 17 per day. I was forced to pay the parking fee (which amounted to USD 86 for my stay) as this was hotel policy and I was informed to contact Travelocity about this issue. Although I agree that Travelocity is the one that is misleading the customers, I also think that it is the hotels responsibility to contact Travelocity about this issue. And to make sure that they do not appear in the list of hotels which offer free parking! I can't imagine that I am the only person who has booked this hotel through the Travelocity website, who was under the impression that the parking was free. So please pay attention on possible additional charges when booking through this website.

Other than that, the hotel was very nice, good location and felt very safe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I truly apologize about the miscommunication of our parking fees. I will definitely reach out to our partner, and ensure that the charges for parking are clearly explained. I know that i would be frustrated if a similar situation occurred while i was on vacation. I am glad to hear that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stayed in the Courtyard now many times for business and I am always looking forward to see the happy and professional employers on my next stay. I would like to specially mention the restaurant manager Samantha - very courteous, always helpful, happy and smiling.
See you all very soon..... :):)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty, and thank you for your feedback. We are a glad that your enjoy staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Samantha is a huge asset to our team and a great example of the service we look to provide each guest. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The staff at this location are great, always. I have three complaints. Don't take room 4926 if it is offered to you because you cannot get wireless connection from this room for more than three minutes at a time! Numerous calls but never improved. Very frustrating. I complained enough that they should get it taken care of. Restaurant in main Marriott much, much better food than the one at Courtyard. Please keep the other restaurant opened all weekend otherwise we're stuck with the one at Courtyard. Fish tacos are terrible at Courtyard but great across the way at Marriot!

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 4926!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us did not exceed your expectations. I have shared your feedback about the internet and the fish tacos with my team, and I assure you that we will get this improved. We hope that you'll stay with us during your next visit to Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I strongly believe this will be my new home when transiting overnight in Miami from now on. I spent one night at this Courtyard property on August 3rd, 2014 and was completely satisfied with my stay there. The Marriott Shuttle picked me up outside the Departures Level of MIA after about a ten minute wait and within seven minutes I was in the hotel’s lobby. The hotel is part of the Marriott Campus which comprises of a full service Marriott, a Marriott Residence Inn and the Courtyard Marriott Miami Airport. I arrived close to midnight and within minutes I was in my 7th floor room relaxing after a long day of travelling.

The room was very clean by my standards which are very high, bed comfortable and very peaceful. I stayed in Room 4750 which gave a great view at night of the Miami skyline. I went to bed early as I had another flight at 10am the next morning. There is one restaurant on site called Champions Sports Bar which I sadly didn’t get the chance to use. I definitely will next time as I have read great things about it. The airport shuttle departs every 15 minutes and there is no need to pre-book. Just wait in the lobby for it to arrive. It will then go to the two other properties on the campus then direct to MIA.

If you need someplace clean and affordable near MIA, definitely consider this Courtyard and you will be impressed just as I was. I shall definitely return here soon.

Room Tip: Room 4750 gives a really great view of the Miami Skyline
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have some unexpectedly great views of the city. I hope that you will be able to experience Champions during your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back home.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Travelled with husband and two kids, we stayed for a night due to our flight schedule after our vacation and had a very good experience.

We selected this hotel after having been disappointed by the Miami Airport Marriott .

Rooms were super clean, queen beds are comfortable, friendly staff and tenth floor is very quiet.

The airport shuttle is free and runs every fifteen minutes. There is no breakfast included but we had an early flight so it didn't bother us.

I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review, and i'm glad to here that you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This place is absolutely beautiful! It looks and smells clean. Because of the distance to and from the airport, it's a little pricey. The free shuttle service and free wifi are just added bonuses to offset the cost. The one reason I didn't give this place a 5 is because of the rudeness of one of the front desk girl whose name starts with a "J". She was so unprofessional she made a terrible first impression for the hotel. Her demeanor caught me off guard so much that I had to ask her how long she's been with the company. Once she informed she has only been working here for a month, it kind of made sense as to why she was so rude. She didn't have the seasoned charm and politeness the other staff members had. However, "J" should still know better because of the standard the Marriott carries when it comes to customer service. I would recommend she gets more training in customer service or change her attitude because it's not necessary. Overall, I am enjoying my stay and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed August 2014
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I have shared your feedback with my team, and we will definitely improve the service that all of our associates give. We look forward to welcoming you back to experience our refreshing service.
Riverdale, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had a very good experience, super clean and friendly staff. No breakfast but there are plenty of small restaurants around the area. Everything is great about this hotel!! I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!