“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #30 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Since 2000 we have visited Courtyard Airport Hotel Miami and it always feels like a home away from home.

Reliable shuttle from the airport MIA, fast checking in and good service. This time Samatha from de front office was our star of THE stay. Why? She just gave us the Quick and Good service we expected.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your loyalty, we are so happy to hear that you consider us your home away from home. Samantha is a great asset to our team, and she exemplifies the service we strive to provide all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We arrived as a party of 20 family members as a stop over before going on to our holiday home, the hotel was friendly efficient and reasonable money wise. I was up at 5am due to jet lag so I came down to the lobby so as to not wake anyone, Starbucks was open and it was a hive of activity, the banter between the staff was funny and friendly, especially the front the guy on welcoming desk who although had just done a long shift was so nice and chatty. The hotel was clean and I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your review. I understand how stressful it can be to travel as a large party. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us. Having a Starbucks on our property that is open at 5am can be a lifesaver. We look forward to welcoming you back.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I am always looking for savings when booking a hotel, but this time I decided to splurge a little and booked a night at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport on July 13th. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very efficient (less than 10 minutes). The hotel is located in a nice area, just next to its sister hotel Marriott. There is a great restaurant just one block from the hotel, a Cuban place called Sabor Latino which serves great food for a decent price. The Courtyard also has a restaurant on site that is open until 11:00 PM. The rooms at the Courtyard are big, and the beds very comfortable. I slept all night with no interruption whatsoever from slamming doors and noisy guests. Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more (106 bucks with tax included in my case) and have a relaxing and peaceful night at a hotel, specially if you traveling overseas next day.

Room Tip: Good rooms are in the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for hoosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, next time you will be able to visit our restaurant, Champions. We are adding new items to our menu, including some local flavor. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.
Long Beach, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Obviously the reviews are quite mixed on this hotel and with mine coming in at 4 stars, I'll make sure to delve into the good, bad, and great.

We didn't plan on staying here but after the world cup final, the decision was made to stay in Miami for two days to catch up with friends.

Having booked through an express deal, we were never told up front in any disclosure that there was a parking fee, being that this was a Courtyard Brand it was a rather shocking find. (Bad)

After checking in and asking for the manager's name so I could take up the parking issue with them the next day, we found that the wifi was inoperable. The wifi actually didn't work at all while we were there, although this wasn't confirmed until the evening before checkout. (Bad)

I wrote a handwritten letter for the manager and handed it directly to her prior to heading out on my second day at the hotel, with a specific request for her to contact me to discuss the issues above, I never heard back from her. (Bad)

(Get ready for really, really BAD) A phone call did come to me from the front desk however, this one stating that a woman who was trying to get into my room and they wouldn't let her since the key card was not working and she wasn't one the registration. Who was this lady? Oh, my wife, that's who. The one who shares my last name, had all her stuff in the room, had our son with us and has a driver's license address that matches mine. (BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD)

With my complaints over, here goes the better stuff.

Good Things: Very clean "campus" of three hotels. A room that was spotless and up to date. A sparkling pool. A very, very well equipped 24 hour gym!!! Multiple food options on location and within walking distance. A shuttle that always seemed to be running, and close proximity to several main roads.

Great: An employee by the name of Robert V. showed what a true leader in the hospitality field is all about. Well spoken and a great listener. He made us remember what makes the Marriott brand one of the leaders in the hotel field. Often times in Miami, you find service industry workers ready to dismiss the complaints of patrons due to the knowledge that so many visitors are from out of the country, but Robert was cut from a different cloth. Although he does hold a position of responsibility at the Courtyard Miami, Marriott should think about promoting him into a higher level of overall corporate leadership. His taking 10 minutes to discuss our concerns single handily raised this review from a 2 to a 4.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am extremely sorry to hear that so many things went wrong during your stay. I have shared your review with our team and we are addressing your concerns immediately. I am happy to hear about your experience with Robert. He is one of our star associates and a tremendous asset to our team. I hope that you will stay with us during a future visit to Miami and give as an opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard while en route to South America with my 3 children. Our flight arrived late, but the van service runs until at least midnight, and it was very easy to find the pick up area - right outside the terminal. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the hotel.
Check in was fast and friendly and we quickly ordered food from the restaurant to take up to the room (there is no room service). I ordered pizza (from Papa John's) as well and it was delivered to my door very quickly.
The room was spacious and clean - very comfortable for 4 people. We were given a late check out since we had a flight leaving in the afternoon, so we stayed until 2pm.
Everyone was friendly and helpful. The only downside was not having a breakfast buffet included in the price, but I believe this is how all Courtyards are.
I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. The shuttle service is a great ammenity, especially if you are only stoping over and/or traveling with children. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was surprised to see just how close this property was to the Miami airport and in typical Courtyard fashion, my stay was comfortable and the staff was very pleasant. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast with a made-to-order omelet and a no hassle shuttle to and from the airport. I was extremely pleased with the courteous staff that assisted me as a disabled traveler with my luggage and keeping me on the first floor. The Marriott Hotel is within walking distance for more dining and drinking options which is another reason I will chose this hotel whenever I am in Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you'll visit us again during your next trip to Miami.
Maple, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Free Parking for Marriott members with option to upgrade room at no charge. Concierge room for breakfast offered privacy and a chance to practice my limited Spanish. Close to the airport and only a few minutes away from great restaurants and shopping. South Beach about 15 minutes away and other attractions nearby as well. Enjoyed seeing the baby iguanas at the swimming pool.

Room Tip: ask if you can be upgraded to a larger room at no charge. more room for the kids and pillow fights...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for being a loyal rewards member. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!