“convenient location, clean and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Maple, Canada
“convenient location, clean and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Free Parking for Marriott members with option to upgrade room at no charge. Concierge room for breakfast offered privacy and a chance to practice my limited Spanish. Close to the airport and only a few minutes away from great restaurants and shopping. South Beach about 15 minutes away and other attractions nearby as well. Enjoyed seeing the baby iguanas at the swimming pool.

Room Tip: ask if you can be upgraded to a larger room at no charge. more room for the kids and pillow fights...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for being a loyal rewards member. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The sports bar inside of the hotel was nice. I got to enjoy a few beers and watch the World Cup. Taryn was my bartender. She was really nice even though she knew nothing about soccer she was engaging and helpful. I told her that I wanted to do some shopping and didn't wish to go to a mall. She went out of her way to google and bring me back directions to shopping in Midtown. I usually stay in Embassy Suite hotels but I just may have to switch to Marriotts.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Champions. Taryn is a terrific example of the service we strive to offer all of our guests. I hope that you will visit the hotel during your next trip to Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great stay and a great price. I was down from NY for my best friends wedding. The rooms where a nice size and clean. The front desk was very helpful. My favorite part of my stay was the Sports Bar inside of the hotel, Champions. I wish that I would have had more time. I only got to enjoy the restaurant on my last night in Miami. They had over 20 huge at Tvs. Even ones at all the booths. The food was great. I recommend the Ribs. They just melt in your mouth. And my bartenders Lateisha(I hope I'm spelling her name right) and Taryn were a special treat. They had great chemistry and Taryn made me the best margarita that I have ever had! I would definitely be back with more time for leisure. Great Hotel! Great Sports Bar! Great Stay for an even better price! Check them out!!!!

Signed,
Helen (Brooklyn)

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Champions. Lateshia and Taryn are great associates, and they provide esceptional service to our guests. I hope that you will stay with us during your next visit to Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

While I expect to pay for parking in downtown hotels, I've never encountered a parking fee at an "Airport" hotel, until now. I had booked the Courtyard through Priceline - not the 'name your own price" option, but the option where they give you a price for a certain-level (3 star in this case) and you accept without knowing the hotel. I now know why they can offer this hotel at a rate of $65. The cost isn't $65 per night (plus tax and fees), it's another $17 + tax and fees (another 21%+), so effectively, it's $82 per night.

The hotel itself is what would be expected for 3-star lodging, nothing special - staff that is attentive and polite, clean rooms with limited amenities and an on-site restaurant. I do wonder how Courtyards manage to charge such high rates for breakfast ($14.95 for a 'continental' breakfast and $19.95 for a breakfast buffet at this location) when so many other hotels in the mid-level business-class offer free hot breakfasts?

Room Tip: The side of the hotel where the entrance is located is right next to the flight path of approaching...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive the value you expected for breakfast. I have shared your feedback with our team, and we are exploring ways to improve our buffet and increase the value. We hope that you will stay with us again for an improved experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Tryon, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

From the front desk, the young man that delivered my fridge, The servers in Champions, The Cooks. A great experience. Clean and comfortable. Surprising to be close to the airport but the planes never too loud.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you were able to interact with so many member of my team. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. I hope that you'll stay with us during your next visit to Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Being a frequent flyer I can't help but notice every hotel I go too. The last time I came here my room didn't smell appropriate for it being "cleaned." And I found a hair strand behind the toilet! The front desk associate seemed not to be too interested in her job and the restaurant was "eh"... Furthermore, upon my new stay front desk attendees were cheerful, and very helpful. My room was well cleaned and comforting! Breakfast was great! My server Maria always came to check on me, and made me feel welcomed, we talked about her schooling I wish her very well on her career. Yaritza, I'm not quite sure on her position, was great help. Restaurant had a big group and she made sure everything was running well and back ups of coffee and juice were available. I am definitely coming back, you can tell this hotel's management team works well together!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am glad you had an excellent stay. Thank you for your comments about our staff, rooms and breakfast services. Happy to hear everything was to your liking.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This place and the surrounding hotels were all so busy. We had a suite with a place for a refrigerator, but no refrigerator inside the cabinet????? We were told we needed to request one and they were all out. Usually in a suite you do not need to request one and clearly one was removed from our room. So the food we had with us was thrown away.
The room was comfortable enough and it was surprisingly quiet for as busy as it was there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Hearing directly from our guests about what we are doing well, as well as opportunity areas, is what allows us to provide our guests with memorable experiences. Should you visit Miami again, we hope you'll consider a return visit with us so we can show you the guest experience you deserve and we're known to provide.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!