“Fantastic gym!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 129 hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Fantastic gym!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'm always impressed with a nice fitness center and this one delivers! Dumbbells up to 50 lbs, 8 weight machines, and a mini cross cable. On the cardio side, there's four bikes, six ellipticals, and seven treadmills. The hotel staff was friendly at check in. I didn't realize the room would not have a refrigerator (my one complaint) and asked the front desk for more ice bags to keep my cooler cold. He had someone at my room within 5 minutes delivering the bags. The hotel room was spacious and clean. I wish it would've had a microwave and a refrigerator, which I feel are standard these days (at least the fridge is in my opinion). Wifi was ok. There was an option to purchase a faster internet, but I just used the free one. Also, expect to pay for parking of you drive here. Overall, I had a pleasant experience here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. We are lucky to have one of the nicer fitness centers you'll find at a Courtyard, and I'm glad to here that you were able to take advantage of it. Also, we are in the process of increasing our stock of refrigerators for in-room use. I hope that you will stay with us during your next visit to Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back.

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had an unexpected stay here during our Honeymoon, due to the incompetence of the immigration staff at Miami airport.

The lady at the American Airlines desk sorted this booking out for us at a "special rate" of $89. I don't know if this normal or a discounted price. Other options were dearer and further away.
The hotel offers a great shuffle service to the airport, it's about 10 min minium ride to the airport, which starts approx between 6am-6.30am.
All staff we encountered were very helpful, and our driver offered some great advice of where to get some local food. (Seeing how our hopes of late snack in Vegas where not happening...).

Room was clean, spacious and did for the few hours of sleep we were there for. Though the toilet flush was very loose!

We had a bottom floor room which offered views of the carpark, it would've been nice to have a higher floor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was created by such unfortunate circumstances. I wish we had known you were on your honeymoon, so that we could have done something to special for you. I hope that you will stay with us, under better circumstances, during your next visit to Miami, and experience one of the beautiful rooms in our new tower. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

it was a last minute booking, wasn't sure what to expect but it was a great stay. helpful staff, clean rooms, great location right on the highway near the airport. There is a Starbucks on the site. would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to here that we exceeded your expectations and validated your last minute choice. We are excited to hear that you would stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights, 2 before heading out for the Caribbean then one night on the way back to make our travel easier. The room was clean and comfortable...we had a single king bed, wifi worked fine, no complaints. Be careful with the doors into the room, one was pretty heavy and tended to slam shut if you aren't careful! Airport shuttle was easy and on time. The hotel is on the Marriott "campus" by the airport, so the Marriott and the Fairfield are all on the same property. Parking was a little tough with our rental car since all the hotels were pretty full...you use your room key to get in and out of the parking lot. Front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Miami Airport. We thrive for excellence in guest satisfaction and are elated when we receive feedback of a positive stay. We look forward to having you back in Miami.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My cousin and I stayed at the Marriott Miami Airport on our way home from Key West. The person taking my reservation was so helpful and answered all of my questions. We had our bags taken up to our room by the bellman Eddy and he was so nice and accommodating. When we had to return our rental car, Eddy gave us directions to the airport. We then ate at the restaurant there and had a lovely meal of grouper. So delicious!! Our wake up call came at exactly the time we requested. We were only there overnight but it was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Be careful when choosing an airport hotel. We were directed to a hotel in a more industrial area an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests, and it truly means a lot to us when our guests are willing to recommend us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Location is wonderful -- close to airport and other Marriott properties. Airport shuttle scheduled to run every 15 minutes unless there is traffic and then it can be 30 minutes between shuttles. If you have a very early flight be warned that first shuttle is at 4:50 AM and a cab ride runs about $10. Rooms were noisy and we could hear every plane taking off and landing. Front desk staff were indifferent. My calls to the front desk and to the operator were not answered.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that your calls to the front desk were not answered promptly. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. I have sharedyour experience with my Front Desk team, and we are taking immediate corrective steps to improve our processes. I hope that we can welcome you back to experience our improved service.
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip, hotel is a couple of miles from the Airport and a free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes which serves all 3 Marriott hotels on the complex. As you would expect for an airport hotel there's not a lot around the area but there are a couple of Cuban café/restaurants near by, we ate in the one next to the entrance which was very good.
The hotel itself is clean & efficient and the staff without exception were friendly & helpful, rooms were of a good size and everything worked!
The Champions sports bar had a good atmosphere and was a nice meeting place for breakfast and other meals.
The pool was also a nice area but is shared with another hotel
If visiting Miami you will either definitely need a car or cash for taxis as the hotel doesn't run a shuttle service except to the mall, but that stops at all the hotels and takes about 50 minutes and is quite a frustrating journey.
The only downside was the air conditioning, particularly in the champions bar which was much too cold and couldn't switch it off completely in my room.
All in all a very good hotel and an enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities. I am sorry to hear that Champions was so cold. I have spoken with our engineering team to correct the issue. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!