“Good for a pre cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #34 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Urbandale, Iowa
“Good for a pre cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed one night before a cruise. Our flight didn't arrive until after midnight and we caught one of the last free Marriott shuttles from the airport (it quits running at 1 a.m.). The driver was friendly but didn't budge to help with luggage. Check in was painless. We asked for a quiet room so we could sleep in and were accomodated. The room itself looked new, very clean and had everything advertised. All staff we encountered we friendly. Only minor drawbacks we saw: hard bed (more than normal), very thin towels (had we had more than 2 of us we would have to call for more just to dry off!) and location wasnt convenient to any last minute shopping (wine or forgotten items). Overall I would recommend this location. Breakfast at Champions was okay. The restaurant looks nice but the chairs & table were dirty when we went to sit and the glassware was chipped. Food was good and hot!

• Stayed April 2013
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us pre-cruise, and I appreciate your feedback redheadfun. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle. I will share your suggestions with my team because we are always looking to improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after arriving from the UK, before travelling up to Orlando the next day. It is very close to the airport, and easy to find. Check in was easy and we were quickly in our room.
The room was a good size and well appointed.
We ate a quick meal in the sports bar...which was okay.
I'd definitely stay here again if I did the same routing for an Orlando holiday.

Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback StaffsMW. I am glad to hear we provided a great starting point for your Florida holiday. We are constantly updating and improving the menu in Champions. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next holiday.
Belize City, Belize
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spent one night in transit.

Room was good size, comfortable.

Towels and bed sheets were stained. They did not appear to be unclean, but they were stained.
I found a hair wrapped in between the wash rag. I was very disappointed, I do not expect that from any Marriott hotel.

Service at front desk was good, and also in the sports bar. Breakfast buffet was good as well.

The walls are paper thin, heard everything in the room next door and from the corridor.

Location is perfect as it near to hotel. There are taxi on the campus so getting a cab is fairly quick.

Note if you going to use the shuttle to the airport add about 30 mins to the time you wish to get to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback AsheleB. I am sorry to hear that you had a sub-par stay with us. That is not what you should expect from any Marriott brand property, and i will follow-up with my team to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you will visit us again so that we can exceed your expectations.
Bermuda Dunes, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel right after our cruise and before our scheduled flight the following day. I was pleasantly surprised that even though we arrived at the hotel early (11:00 am) they had a room available and ready for us. The front desk was kind and courteous after a rather difficult taxi ride in. I would recommend this establishment for a place to stay as a stop off before or after a cruise/airline flight.

Room Tip: The hotel has a business center where you can check in and print your airline vouchers. Convenient s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback lv2travel42. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our business center and boarding pass station. We try to make travel as convenient as possible, especially because we know that taxi rides and flights can be difficult at times. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week pre-cruise.. Arrived late but called ahead so as not to lose our reservation.. Front desk staff were friendly if not very busy! Rooms were clean and spacious and the location was great for a pre-cruise stay.. $25 cab ride to the port was reasonable and the staff were able to set up the ride for us. Starbucks in the lobby next door at the Marriott was perfect for a coffee and the $13 breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant was reasonable and tasty!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback TOTravellers51. I'm glad to hear we were able to provide you with a comfortable pre-cruise stay. The breakfast buffet at Champions is a great way to start the day. We look forward to welcoming you back, during your next visit to Miami.
Carmel IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for one brief night with my wife. We arrived at the hotel around 8:00 PM and had a 6:00 AM flight the next morning. Check-in was very easy. The room was very nice – seemingly new and very clean. I can’t think of a thing to complain about – at one point there was some talking out in the hall- nothing out of the ordinary, but I just don’t understand why people can’t speak quietly out in a hotel hallway late at night! It didn’t last long, and is certainly not the hotel’s fault! I did not hear any planes at all – even though this hotel is very close to the airport. The wake-up call came on time, and the receipt was already under the door when we left which is all good. Another positive note – the Final Four games were going on when we got there. There’s a sports bar / restaurant in the lobby. It was very crowded of course, but we were able to get a table and the service was very good – with the crowd, I was worried the service would be slow, but that was not the case at all. This is one hotel in a ‘compound’ of Marriott hotels that share a common parking lot – works out just fine, just something I haven’t seen before. All good here – would definitely stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the kind words myred86. While we wish you could have stayed longer, we are glad to hear that you had a convenient, comfortable layover. Champions is great for all sporting events and we strive to provide great food and great service. We hope to welcome you back to the Courtyard Miami Airport during your next visit to the Miami area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are checked in early this morning after finishing a cruise and this hotel was extremely accommodating. They were able to check us in right away. The room was very clean and decorated nicely. The sports bar in the hotel is extremely affordable and has great food. Our only regret is that we didn't stay here before leaving on the cruise.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback, RichardR. I'm glad that we were glad to accomodate you with an early arrival. You will have to stay with us pre-cruise. We offer shuttle to the port of Miami through an outside company that is very convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!