“Wonderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Herndon, VA
“Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel. It is right next to the airport and like previous reviewers have said, it shares a lobby and pool with the Marriott. The lobby is chic and clean, with a lounging area with plenty of charging stations for personal devices, a printing area, and computers. Breakfast is not complimentary although there is a restaurant on site, but if you take the short walk across the pool area to the Marriott, there is a Starbucks inside of the lobby area of that hotel which to me was a huge perk.

The rooms were well appointed and clean, but the best part was the bed and pillows. So comfortable! I slept straight through the night, unique for me in a hotel while on business. The other great thing was free wifi, which I could use simultaneously on both my laptop and ipad.

The bathroom was very clean, and the shower was a true shower with a glass door and no bathtub, which I actually prefer. The Courtyard is using Paul Mitchell hair products now which was surprisingly good quality, usually I hate hotel shampoo and conditioner but I liked these enough to use them at home if I had extra.

While the last reviewer mentioned to get a pool side room, I will warn you that the flights went until about 12:30 a.m. so it could be a tad noisy occasionally, but this didn't bother me too much as there were only a few planes.

There is a gym as well which faces the pool area, which looked nice although I did not utilize it.

Overall this was a surprising gem of a hotel! I would gladly stay there again!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Saint Petersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This Courtyard sits on a multi-acre campus sharing the property with a Marriott, Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn. Gated campus that felt very secure in an "iffy" neighborhood. Renovations have been done with new brand standards. Excellent property for the Miami Airport area traveler...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Osprey, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

When approaching the Marriott complex, the Marriott, Courtyard and Residence Inn all share the same parking area and enter through the same gate.
Walking into the check-in area gives you a sigh of relief since the exterior of the properties show age. The interior of public areas and rooms have been updated and the beds are very comfortable. I was told the beds were replaced two years ago after web site stated queen but hotel reservations said double. They are queen, wish the hotel knew what were in their rooms!
The desk clerk was very attentive and got us our room keys for both rooms that were reserved. He was able to place us next to one another and even moved us to a better floor (9) and pool side to help keep airport and auto traffic noise down. Also quickly sent small refridgerators to each room.
Good complimentary coffee in large lobby. Pool area very nice. Only negative is smoking area is between pool and rear entrance. Needs more attendance since it was messy each time we passed.
Convenient in and out of lot, easy access to highways. But when exiting highway it is impossible to move vehicle to immediate left to make the turn into Marriott complex. Either make a right at light and then turn around or continue and make a legal U-turn. And use the recommended address on Marriott site for your GPS, not the LeJeune Rd address.
I used Marriott Friends & Family and received a great rate. Showers were fine in both rooms, an exhaust fan in the bath helped clear fogged mirrors.
Charges were correct on my invoice but when checking my credit card account on line, a duplicate pending charge was on hold. It was automatically removed after 5 days without my asking. This is the first time Marriott has done this to me and hopefully will not be repeated.
I didn't eat on property so cannot comment. We did go to fish restaurant across the street that advertises lobster. They were gone by the time we got there, but what we ordered was fine. Waiter felt bad about the lobster being sold out and brought large flan with spoons for each of us to share. Very nice touch. Leave your car, just walk across the street at the light. Sports bar casual atmosphere.

Room Tip: don't stay on top floor 10, ask for 9 pool side. Has more soundproofing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was our first time in Miami. The Marriott was overall a good choice. The hotel is situated about a mile form the airport. You will need a car to get about in Miami from the hotel. The beaches and shops are about 20 minutes drive from the hotel.

The accomodation is very clean, a nice bath with over shower very comfortable beds, the TV a 40 inch flat. The decor in our room need a touch up. We had a view of the pool and the aiport from our 4th floor room.

Food is average, Breakfast all american for $14 or Buffett for $19 both include coffee, tea juice. Dinner quite expensive a steak for $38. But I guess thats the norm in Miami.

Internet access FREE in the lobby area but at a premium from your room. We just came down to the lobby to use the interent.

We found the late check out good, we stayed on till 4pm at no extra charge.

Overall, the hotel gets a good rating from me, ok for a short stay.

Carparking for $15 a day I think that was a bit steep for guests. Access to and from the hotel with your room key, just make sure to slide it the right way.

Room Tip: If you like Aircraft noise ask for Pool side if you dont go Road side..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I am a Marriott Rewards member and have stayed at a number of airport (and non-airport) hotels; they are not all the same. i had mixed feeling about this one before I booked it for a couple extra days before beginning a tour which included one night at this hotel.

The bad: the shower leaked all over the floor with the shower curtain in the tub; the bathroom mirror fogged no matter what we did; the bathroom door self-closed and had to be propped open to get even a bit of the humidity out of the bathroom; the wi-fi, while showing it was connected, did not actually connect anywhere in the hotel; newspapers were available in the lobby one of the three days; the food (at the regular Marriott next door) was poor (tough meat, missing salad dressing, odd flavors); no refrigerator or microwave in the room; when checking out, we were double and triple charged for things that were already paid for, and they were unable to rectify the problem before we had to leave to catch a plane.

The good: the light was bright in the room and I could actually see to read - a rarity these days; the 3G reception was good, so I did not need the wi-fi; the breakfast room/lounge had sandwiches so one does not actually have to eat at the high-priced and low-quality Marriott restaurant next door; the shuttle from the airport is frequent and fast; the airplanes generally don't fly at night, so the noise will not interrupt your sleep; they managed to correct the billing within the two weeks before we got home.

I recommend this hotel if you are not too particular and only need a night's stay before moving on, as it is very close to the airport. If you are renting a car or staying for more than a night, do yourself a favor and go to the Courtyard in Coral Gables - it's on the same street, a couple miles south in a better neighborhood, and is a much better value. I had no complaints there later on the same trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Lipadad,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that you had this particular challenge. Please know that we take these comments seriously. We have begaun investigating the wireless challenge you mentioned. I would to be able to address the door and shower challenge that you had so that no future guest experiences what you did. If you could, please forward me your name and stay info to jerry.rice@marriott.com so that we may address your room challenges.

I hope that in the future you will try our hotel again and give us the opportunity to show you are normal level of service.

Regards,

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Located just outside airport and in the Marriott campus thet includes a Marriott and Residence Inn.
Rooms and lobby have been upgraded to new Courtyard style. Large baths and very large work out room. Nice point is hotel is connected to Marriott.

I payed a corporate rate but regular rate is high ($200 range) for a Courtyard.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hi Bear55,

Thanks for your positive review of our hotel. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay. March in Miami is beautiful, and is in the middle of high travel season in South Florida, which makes it an excited (and breathtaking) place to be.

We look forward to your next visit. If I'm around the lobby, please say hi!

Thanks again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Exactly what you would expect from a good courtyard. Service was outstanding. No com

• Stayed February 2012
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your kind words about our hotel. We are elated that you enjoyed our stay. Our entire team looks forward to serving you again.

Jerry Rice

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!