“Big Bus Fun” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Big Bus Miami Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #41 of 153 Tours & Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you for Choosing Big Bus Tours Miami, a part of the largest operators of open-top sightseeing tours in the World, providing sightseeing tours in over 16 cities across three continents. The Big Bus sightseeing tour of Miami has been specifically designed to show you the best that Miami has to offer. You can enjoy it all from the comfort and great vantage point of our open-top buses, or hop off wherever you like to explore the places that intrigue you most before hopping back on to continue your journey with us. You will see all the most thrilling and attractive areas such as South Beach, Downtown Miami, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Little Havana (free little Havana walking tour with 48 hour tickets) and more. You will see iconic buildings and monuments like the Freedom Tower, Vizcaya Museum and the Versace Mansion, not to mention the sleek shapes and vibrant colors of the Art Deco District. We operate from 8:30am - 6:30pm daily with the last tours departing Central Station at 5:00PM. We have over 30 stops with 20-30 minute frequency. Our tours offer an array of experiences from Live Guides to Multilingual recorded commentary in 11 Languages on our classic Vintage Buses. Come experience the best of this spectacular City with Big Bus Miami Tours!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Bus Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed the hop on hop off Big Bus tour of Miami on a double decker red bus aka London Bus. It was great to hear the history, points of interest and the neighborhood history coming from the friendliest tour guide, Elie G. She made the trip fun! What a great personality she has and shared with all of us! It was a great way to get an overview of the city of Miami.

• Korean first
ashland, ky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The Way To Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

As tourists who don't know Miami, we skipped the road rage and parking fees and just hopped on the Big Bus. It includes city and beach routes all for one ticket price, and lets you hop off at any of the stops and explore. The buses run every 15-30 minutes, so you can look around all you want and catch another bus to continue. Fantastic trip, money well spent. Pretty much everyone rode up top. If you're interested in getting actual info about the sights, I recommend taking a bus with the live guide; the earphones are OK, but they don't offer as much info and it's always kind of vague, like "which building are they talking about?" All the live guides we encountered (we got off and explored a lot, so we had a number of different buses) were fantastic! Definitely recommended.

Bristol, UK
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Great way to see the place in a short time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I only had a few days in Miami and although I wanted to spend a lot of time on the beach enjoying the winter sun, I’m also a bit of a culture vulture and wanted to see Miami too. If you only have a limited amount of time and don't have a car, this is a great way to see Miami.

Firstly, I recommend that you go to The Big Bus Company website and download one of their maps showing their bus routes: City and Beach tours. That way, you can decide where you want to get off and how much time you will spend in each place. Both 'loops' - city and beach - take 90 mins each, if you don't get off (obviously!) and costs $39:00. The weather in Miami was hot and sunny and everyone scrambles for the open top deck, but don't be fooled by the breeze when you're driving...you can still burn, so lots and lots of sun block needed. Another warning about sitting up top are the looming trees that line the pavements of Coral Gables and Coconut Grove - watch your head/eyes/upper body, they're a hazard!

I caught the bus at Bayside Market Place and started with the City tour and met some great people on the tour, so we decided to get off in Little Havana (hugely overrated in my opinion, but that's another story!), aside from this 'Hop Off' I didn't feel the need to get off anywhere else. I suppose if I wanted to make a day of it, I would have got off in Coconut Grove as there seemed to be some lovely little places for lunch. I was then dropped back at Bayside and waited for the Beach loop. The Beach loop makes a 30 min mandatory stop at South Beach, so you can get to see the beach etc and then carries on up Ocean Drive and Collins Ave; this was handy for me as my hotel was at the top of Collins, so I got off there.

All in all, I really enjoyed the tour and found it informative. It was also a great way to see Miami quickly and relax taking in the sights. I would definitely recommend it.

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great for both visitors and locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been living in Miami for nearly 2 years and decided to do the hop on hop off bus tour one Sunday afternoon to learn more about this awesome place. I thought it was great and wish I had have done it sooner. I started with the beach loop, had a quick break at Bayfront then jumped on the city loop. As I've already been to all the places covered on the tours I stayed on the bus, but you are free to get off and on at any stop. Each tour takes around 90 minutes. I will definitely recommend this to friends and family from out of town when they come to visit, and also friends who live locally. If you do want to get off at any of the stops I'd recommend doing these tours over at least a day, or possibly 2, as there is plenty to see. The guides were very good, especially the one I had for the city loop. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but he has lived in Miami for 50 years and was very knowledgeable.
My only two gripes are that the buses only run every 30 minutes which could be painful if you just miss the last bus, and also that you cannot purchase tickets for each tour separately (ie. if you only wanted to ride one of the buses you still have to pay for the two). But at least you get 24hrs to use the ticket. There are also some low hanging branches along the route but it is what it is and the guides were very good at warning everyone. It would only be a problem if you weren't paying attention.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Armando Ocon Mario was a great tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We took the Big Bus company in Maimi to get around and get info on the city. Armando was the best tour guide. He was animated, inspired and interactive. We would recommend this excursion for anyone going to Miami!

Visited August 2012

Been to Big Bus Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Big Bus Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.