“Great for both visitors and locals” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Bus tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Thank you for Choosing Big Bus Tours Miami, a part of the largest operators of open-top sightseeing tours in the World, providing sightseeing tours in over 15 cities across three Continents. The Big Bus sightseeing tour of Miami has been specifically designed to show you the best that Miami has to offer. You can enjoy it all from the comfort and great vantage point of our open-top buses, or hop off wherever you like to explore the places that intrigue you most before hopping back on to continue your journey with us. You will see all the most thrilling and attractive areas such as South Beach, Downtown Miami, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Little Havana and more. You will see iconic buildings and monuments like the Freedom Tower, Vizcaya Museum and the Versace Mansion, not to mention the sleek shapes and vibrant colors of the Art Deco District.We operate from 9AM-7PM with the last tours departing Central Station at 5:30PM. We have 20 stops with 20-30 minute frequency. Our tours offer an array of experiences from Live Guides to Multilingual Commentary in 12 Languages; Vintage Buses to Modern Buses with Air Conditioned lower decks. Come experience the best of this spectacular City with Big Bus Miami Tours!
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great for both visitors and locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been living in Miami for nearly 2 years and decided to do the hop on hop off bus tour one Sunday afternoon to learn more about this awesome place. I thought it was great and wish I had have done it sooner. I started with the beach loop, had a quick break at Bayfront then jumped on the city loop. As I've already been to all the places covered on the tours I stayed on the bus, but you are free to get off and on at any stop. Each tour takes around 90 minutes. I will definitely recommend this to friends and family from out of town when they come to visit, and also friends who live locally. If you do want to get off at any of the stops I'd recommend doing these tours over at least a day, or possibly 2, as there is plenty to see. The guides were very good, especially the one I had for the city loop. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but he has lived in Miami for 50 years and was very knowledgeable.
My only two gripes are that the buses only run every 30 minutes which could be painful if you just miss the last bus, and also that you cannot purchase tickets for each tour separately (ie. if you only wanted to ride one of the buses you still have to pay for the two). But at least you get 24hrs to use the ticket. There are also some low hanging branches along the route but it is what it is and the guides were very good at warning everyone. It would only be a problem if you weren't paying attention.

Visited November 2012

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Armando Ocon Mario was a great tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We took the Big Bus company in Maimi to get around and get info on the city. Armando was the best tour guide. He was animated, inspired and interactive. We would recommend this excursion for anyone going to Miami!

Visited August 2012
“Tour Guides”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We recently took the Hop-on,Hop-off bus tour in Miami after arriving there on the Norwegian Dawn. On the first tour which was the city loop, I found the tour guide,Kevin, to be very loud and obnoxious. He inflicted his political opinions on us several times and kept repeating loudly "Woo-hoo,Alright!!" I found it to be very annoying. The second part of the tour was the Beach Loop. Our guide, Stephen was great--a total contrast! He was professional as well as informative and we could have ridden around with him day!

“Worth the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ellie G was awesome. I rode on three different buses and she was by far the best tour guide and the driver actually seemed like he tried to avoid the the low branches. Ellie thank you for your knowledge and your upbeat personality. I've used these bus tours in Wash DC and NYC and they are great. Easy way to see alot of the great tourist attractions with the option to hop on and of as often as you like during your tour. The downer for Miami is the buses only come every 30 minutes. It's abit pricey but worth it. I highly recommend it.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Kevin Bland, tour guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you use the Big Bus Miami stop and go tour, tour guide Kevin Bland is the best tour guide ever! He has a marvelous grasp of the city and entertaining as well. I highly recommend Kevin to give you the best tour of Miami's highlif.

Visited October 2012

Been to Big Bus Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Big Bus Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later